Chubb VS Michel

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Chubb VS Michel

Postby spotxc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:52 pm

I think Michel has more burst(10 yd) edit* acceleration not burst and wiggle to him which makes him look more explosive.

But Chubb has always looked to have great long speed which takes a lot to be able to use. I just don't think his start stop, agility is up to par with michel

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Chubb is seriously talented but doesn't possess the 'wiggle' to elude captors in the open field. I don't buy he isn't worth ppr consideration because he can catch the ball, but with Michel on board he always got the call. I'm thinking it's because he does possess the 'wiggle' that Chubb lacks. Chubb has more power, but Michel has more elusiveness IMO, but if Chubb breaks free, he's probably gone. Michel I'm not so sure.

I do like the mention of RonJon by Phaded because I'm lovin' that dude. He just brings it, man. I don't remember a guy with his talent getting such disrespect in top 4 rookie conversations. I'll be shocked if he isn't 'the man' wherever he ends up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm

bucsrule wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:34 pm Chubb is seriously talented but doesn't possess the 'wiggle' to elude captors in the open field. I don't buy he isn't worth ppr consideration because he can catch the ball, but with Michel on board he always got the call. I'm thinking it's because he does possess the 'wiggle' that Chubb lacks. Chubb has more power, but Michel has more elusiveness IMO, but if Chubb breaks free, he's probably gone. Michel I'm not so sure.

I do like the mention of RonJon by Phaded because I'm lovin' that dude. He just brings it, man. I don't remember a guy with his talent getting such disrespect in top 4 rookie conversations. I'll be shocked if he isn't 'the man' wherever he ends up.
Well, I mean he's clearly elite. He already has 2 nicknames and hasn't even played a down yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 pm It shouldn't be that confusing to be honest - there's a big difference between performing well on tape and performing well in the underwear Olympics where you practice the same drills over and over in preparation.

That said - I think people are going to reconsider how high they have them when Ronald Jones goes ahead of one (or both) of them.
Not me. I mean, Gio went before Lev Bell. Hope that didn't change anyone's mind.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:30 pm Why does Michel look more explosive on tape, but Chubb destroys Michel at the combine? Im so confused.
I think Cubb may have been overly concerned with re-injuring his knee before the NFL draft.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:30 pm Why does Michel look more explosive on tape, but Chubb destroys Michel at the combine? Im so confused.
I think Cubb may have been overly concerned with re-injuring his knee before the NFL draft.
That has crossed my mind as well. It happens when someone has an injury like he did. How do you not think about it when you're out there. I believe you can see over the course of his return more of a return to form. At the combine Chubb let it all hang out and showed his promise.

If he's truly over his injury (mentality wise) he's the clear favorite of the two IMO.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:20 am

Michel is very talented, but Chubb might not be much less than Zeke as a runner. He’s a freaking stud.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:20 am Michel is very talented, but Chubb might not be much less than Zeke as a runner. He’s a freaking stud.
Yea Chubb is a stud and slowly started to look like the pre injury Chubb. People are gonna regret sleeping on him!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:01 am

Ive got 1.04 so I get whoever is left over. If both are still there somehow Imma take the better situation. Both are very close talent wise, just have different talents.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 pm It shouldn't be that confusing to be honest - there's a big difference between performing well on tape and performing well in the underwear Olympics where you practice the same drills over and over in preparation.

That said - I think people are going to reconsider how high they have them when Ronald Jones goes ahead of one (or both) of them.
Not me. I mean, Gio went before Lev Bell. Hope that didn't change anyone's mind.
..oh, but it did.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2013/ ... s-top-ten/

Hindsight is 20/20, though.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah, I'll take Michel.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:41 pm

I'm sitting at 1.03, Chubb is my pick unless one of the first two guys do something unexpected.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Michel PPR and 0.5 PPR.

Chubb standard.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

..oh, but it did.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2013/ ... s-top-ten/

Hindsight is 20/20, though.
In the writer's defense (and unfortunately mine), Bell lost ~20 pounds after he was drafted if I'm remembering correctly. He looked like a completely different player once he got to the NFL.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Oh of course - which is why I mentioned hindsight and it's just further proof that quite honestly, once players hit the NFL things can go very differently.