Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Hahaha.
I love you guys.

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: The Popcorn thread: Dust-ups, cat fights and other drama

Postby ajpmn01 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm Hahaha.
I love you guys.
Phaded, gotta say, liked your argument, totally agree with you, but I got no interest in getting into it with Joey. That guy doesn't let anything go. It's convincing by brute assault; "I'll just keep beating you over the head with this baseball bat of ridicule until you agree... or die of blunt force debate."

Probably best that you let it go, as hard as that is in the face of the continued baiting.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:28 am

ajpmn01 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm Hahaha.
I love you guys.
Phaded, gotta say, liked your argument, totally agree with you, but I got no interest in getting into it with Joey. That guy doesn't let anything go. It's convincing by brute assault; "I'll just keep beating you over the head with this baseball bat of ridicule until you agree... or die of blunt force debate."

Probably best that you let it go, as hard as that is in the face of the continued baiting.
He just doesn’t understand the point being made, at all, but won’t let it stop him from being a dick.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm

I've noticed an interesting turn as of late, I think this dust-up thread is working as a deterrent for abusive or over the top arguments, in a "name and shame" kind of way.
Anyone else notice this? Or maybe it's just because we are getting closer to the season and a steady flow of articles and coach speak is keeping the masses placated.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm Or maybe it's just because we are getting closer to the season and a steady flow of articles and coach speak is keeping the masses placated.
Not if the entire article gets posted...

:lol:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm Or maybe it's just because we are getting closer to the season and a steady flow of articles and coach speak is keeping the masses placated.

Ha, I see what you did there

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 pm

What kind of monster would do such a thing.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 am

Jesus, in the Carson thread, all hell has broke loose. Page 6 to be exact. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=163533&start=75
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:40 pm
_yeti wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Did you type out the whole word of condescension or did you just type half and then click the suggestion on your phone? Ok, um USA Today? Someone has picked Penny as a pro bowler? DEFINITELY more credible than people who watched practices and not at all being touted strictly bc someone (*cough* you) invested heavily in Penny. In shorts? Um, one guy has laced them up in the NFL and last time I checked that wasn't Penny. As for all the rest um yeah tons of late rounders and UDFAs don't work out, that is literally the most obvious and easiest prediction to make. They literally pick people in order like a dodge ball team, first round means sooner and more important, gold freaking star dude. I never had worked that out but for some reason it's sinking in now. I literally picked one guy, intentionally a long shot ("low probability") value buy to talk about and you have vaguely shot down every single thing I have said with the almighty and lazy draft capital argument sprinkled in with a tad bit of "college production" talk (disregarding Penny comes from an off brand conference himself). Sorry that equating a story about a 6th rounder beating the almighty probability was so offensive. It's almost like there is nothing to debate if it is as simple as just plugging everything in the order of the NFL draft and calling it a day.

Guice would be more of a threat to Carson if the Hawks had drafted him and he was drafted later than Penny. They're gonna run a committee. Deal with it
Again, more condescension. I don't have a phone, I can spell. " Someone" has picked Penny to be a pro bowler? USA Today simply picked up the quotes and turned it into an article, just as so many other news outlets do. You come on here and spout off the absurdity of draft capita and college production being an argument, yet you think some beat reporter who watched a few OTA practices is "DEFINITELY" more credible that Gil Brandt. Do you know who Gil Brandt is? Maybe you should try reading and processing the information before retorting with another smug know it all comment. No point in arguing with your ignorance. You call my analysis lazy but you don't even bother to read the article, or perhaps research who Gil Brandt is compared to your "DEFINITELY" more credible sources out there is Seattle who have been assigned to cover some OTA's. What an absolute joke. Glad to know how they are going to run their backfield before training camp starts. I don't even care what happens, particularly, in the grand scheme of life. "They're gone run a committee. Deal with it". What was the point of the poll, then? Thanks coach, for letting me know how it's going to shake out. :thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 am

Phaded & yeti duking it out in the Chris Carson thread ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:48 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 am Phaded & yeti duking it out in the Chris Carson thread ;)
yeti taking on all comers in the Chris Carson thread lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Some drama in the Saquon thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=168074&start=45

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm Some drama in the Saquon thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=168074&start=45
Ssssh :shh:

:liar: :lol: :mrgreen:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:10 pm Some drama in the Saquon thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=168074&start=45
THE Saquan thread or A?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm
THE Saquan thread or A?
Could you imagine if every Saquon thread ended up with a dust-up? :lol: :wtf: :surprised:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Meurah taking on double and triple teams in the Ronnie Jones thread. Does not seem to be down for the count yet though.