The Popcorn thread: Dust-ups, cat fights and other drama

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: The Popcorn thread: Dust-ups, cat fights and other drama

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm

literate good one .... but yeah I was running a no DF league alas you were disqualified !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:44 am
AussieMate wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm
ArrylT wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 pm Guess it is time to restock the popcorn - might be plenty of it being eaten in the Mixon & Lockett threads. ;)
Was just coming here to post this, Mixon thread has turned into a Collins vs Mixon debate
Yes, in the way a bug has an argument with a windshield.
Agreed, by the logic being thrown around I should sell Corey Davis for Cooper kupp because he out scored him in their rookie year

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:04 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am So take solace in that you are outstanding in at least that field of unwarranted self confidence...

...and hold the mirror of your glaring incompetence up in front of you...
There’s something poetic in this hate.
I’m not sure it tops OhCruelestRanters sig, but I like it.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 am

JTLoh and joshb going at it in the Ty Montgomery Future thread:
joshb wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm
JTLoh wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 pm If the Packers do copy the Saints 2017 I guess we just need to figure out which of the 3 is Adrian Peterson. ;)

Yeah that was in the NFL copy also - I guess he is suggesting he is willing to give one of them a more featured role if they (a) deserve it and (b) dont get worn down with it
Adrian Peterson = Ty Montgomery (in that he will be the odd man out, not anything like AP)
Ingram = J.Williams
Kamara = A.Jones

As a Williams owner, I hope Jones get hurt.
As a Jones owner and Packers fan I hope you get hurt.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152912&start=30
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am don't worry toughy I deleted them , long ago . I reached a couple times you ignored that is cool. I just assumed like most petulant children you are only interested in your opinions or those that reinforce your thoughts. I have encountered many like that in my years - water off a duck's back bro !
There are plenty of posters to communicate with aside from any self loving alleged football guru 100 times more impressed with himself than he has proven any right to feel. I have disagreed with many here about many topics as I formulate my own thoughts and opinions and frequently stray from the herd sometimes to my benefit and sometimes to my detriment . Across my interweb travels through the years covering many topics , I have found few that are more impressed with their own thoughts with less apparent justification than yourself . So take solace in that you are outstanding in at least that field of unwarranted self confidence - maybe you will actually get a player evaluation correct eventually and justify the bluster .

I just recruited several managers from DLF for a start up this year I would love to have included you and OCR just to figuratively cave your head in and hold the mirror of your glaring incompetence up in front of you but decided against even reaching out as someone that cannot or will not respond to Pm's surely would be nothing but dead weight in a competitive league , falling prey to skilled managers and building a wreck of a franchise that would take a miracle to fill once your face was rubbed in your own incompetence. So carry on little puppy maybe some day you can get off the porch.

john ross might be your magic bullet ...........perhaps if he ever catches a pass in the league :wtf:
So much salt. Yikes!

My post history is searchable for everyone, my friend. You can tell yourself a story to make yourself feel better, but public record is public record.

As for this behavior of self aggrandizement you accuse me of, alas, my post history just doesn't back up your fairy tale.

But hey! At least I didn't ignore your salt this time, right? I actually replied! Isn't that nice? :D

FYI y'all, it's easy to get a truthful impression of a user's prediction/prognostication/evaluation/etc history by searching said user's post history with a given player's name -- click the user-name to view their profile page, then click "Search user’s posts", then search those posts. Start with the oldest posts and work forward. It's straightforward. I do it to myself pretty regularly, since memory can be unreliable and I like to objectively check how I've done. Clarion here helpfully suggests John Ross. Well, go ahead! See what my oldest posts about Ross say. There's only one page of results, so it'll be quick. :ewink:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:32 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am don't worry toughy I deleted them , long ago . I reached a couple times you ignored that is cool. I just assumed like most petulant children you are only interested in your opinions or those that reinforce your thoughts. I have encountered many like that in my years - water off a duck's back bro !
There are plenty of posters to communicate with aside from any self loving alleged football guru 100 times more impressed with himself than he has proven any right to feel. I have disagreed with many here about many topics as I formulate my own thoughts and opinions and frequently stray from the herd sometimes to my benefit and sometimes to my detriment . Across my interweb travels through the years covering many topics , I have found few that are more impressed with their own thoughts with less apparent justification than yourself . So take solace in that you are outstanding in at least that field of unwarranted self confidence - maybe you will actually get a player evaluation correct eventually and justify the bluster .

I just recruited several managers from DLF for a start up this year I would love to have included you and OCR just to figuratively cave your head in and hold the mirror of your glaring incompetence up in front of you but decided against even reaching out as someone that cannot or will not respond to Pm's surely would be nothing but dead weight in a competitive league , falling prey to skilled managers and building a wreck of a franchise that would take a miracle to fill once your face was rubbed in your own incompetence. So carry on little puppy maybe some day you can get off the porch.

john ross might be your magic bullet ...........perhaps if he ever catches a pass in the league :wtf:
So much salt. Yikes!

My post history is searchable for everyone, my friend. You can tell yourself a story to make yourself feel better, but public record is public record.

As for this behavior of self aggrandizement you accuse me of, alas, my post history just doesn't back up your fairy tale.

But hey! At least I didn't ignore your salt this time, right? I actually replied! Isn't that nice? :D

FYI y'all, it's easy to get a truthful impression of a user's prediction/prognostication/evaluation/etc history by searching said user's post history with a given player's name -- click the user-name to view their profile page, then click "Search user’s posts", then search those posts. Start with the oldest posts and work forward. It's straightforward. I do it to myself pretty regularly, since memory can be unreliable and I like to objectively check how I've done. Clarion here helpfully suggests John Ross. Well, go ahead! See what my oldest posts about Ross say. There's only one page of results, so it'll be quick. :ewink:
seems to me like all you achieved in this post was to confirm a few things clarion said. well done.

on another note how many had to google wtf "aggranrdizement" meant let me see them hands i know im not the only one
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:08 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:32 am seems to me like all you achieved in this post was to confirm a few things clarion said. well done.
Yeah, you know, I'm just the guy posting literal directions on how to search post history to confirm or invalidate an alleged narrative...

...a narrative that may or may not be make-believe by a triggered, insecure man-child throwing a public temper tantrum upon finally realizing he was simply ignored all the times he tried to harass someone in private.

:|
on another note how many had to google wtf "aggranrdizement" meant let me see them hands i know im not the only one
crickets
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Another amusing item for the peanut gallery:

I see he only deleted the most recent unopened hate-mail he sent to me. From this, I must infer that the guy uses PMs so often to harass people that he still hasn't noticed the half a dozen other unopened hate-mail sent to me sitting forever in his outbox because they're sitting there with so much company.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Not only do i not know what that means, im pretty sure i cant pronounce it.

What are they fighting about?

I usually like reading both of their posts. Not in here though. Let it go fellas. Its a bad look.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:22 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:59 pm Another amusing item for the peanut gallery:

I see he only deleted the most recent unopened hate-mail he sent to me. From this, I must infer that the guy uses PMs so often to harass people that he still hasn't noticed the half a dozen other unopened hate-mail sent to me sitting forever in his outbox because they're sitting there with so much company.
I will let this go after this but I just checked and I have no unopened PM's sent to you - that haven't been deleted . - safe to say we will never see eye to eye and I won't reach out again . last question .... almost / If Mr. logic it is unopened how do you know it is hate mail ?

ending with a simple fact you made your point you proudly ignored me that's cool maybe you were deep scouting more superstars like john ross but by being a complete
LIAR
about PM's in the inbox you sacrifice what little credibility you ever had here . Perhaps I sent a PM to one of your sock puppet accounts and that has led to your confusion . Perhaps you are just confused and not a LIAR ? please do clear it up for us. I have sent 3 maybe 4 Pms to you ever acting like I reach to you longingly all the time is just a LIAR in action

Maybe it will prove how cool you are ... you know by like spelling words backwards and being the fantasy football harry carey .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Dust up in the dust up thread, is this inception? We can go deeper..

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:18 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 pm Dust up in the dust up thread, is this inception? We can go deeper..
That was funny. Good work sir.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:20 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:22 pm maybe you were deep scouting more superstars like john ross
Heeeeey leave John Ross out of this he is a gentleman and a scholar.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Unlocked, as promised by Moderators. :)

Hopefully we can keep it civil enough to remain such. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 am

Passionate discussion going on in the "Why you should buy Treadwell" thread, especially around page 4 between Phaded and joeya2001, with ninotoreS sprinkling in some commentary. Great read on a so-far failed prospect.