The Popcorn thread: Dust-ups, cat fights and other drama

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: The Popcorn thread: Dust-ups, cat fights and other drama

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Currently battling against dm1129 in the Kareem Hunt thread, not gonna lie I've been fairly petty with my retorts.
Enjoy!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:30 pm

You and FantasyFreak now have a friend in common. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169584#p1533510

This thread may have some entertainment value = plus it has a positive outcome :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 pm

jcc6fd & TheRookiePro are going at it no holds barred over Le'veon Bell and Tevin Coleman ... in a Jared McKinnon thread :think: - apparently his value has declined so rapidly he is no longer worth his own thread any more :confused: - C'mon guys that sort of heatedness is best served for the Josh Gordon thread(s)! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156764&p=1539243#p1539243

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 pm

lol my argument is simple. But apparently, not simple enough for jcc6fd. I already used an automobile analogy let me try food:

Let's say all 2 NFL teams have $100 and they go to the grocery store to pick up dinner. One NFL team decides to spend all $100 on lobster. The other buys $40 worth of pork chops.

The lobster was delicious. However, the lobster turned out to have little meat underneath all the heavy shell. The meal left the guests full for only a 2-3 hours. The pork chops on the other hand, were not as delicious but surprisingly filling and also affordable!
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Fish Sticks
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Fish Sticks » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 pm jcc6fd & TheRookiePro are going at it no holds barred over Le'veon Bell and Tevin Coleman ... in a Jared McKinnon thread :think: - apparently his value has declined so rapidly he is no longer worth his own thread any more :confused: - C'mon guys that sort of heatedness is best served for the Josh Gordon thread(s)! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156764&p=1539243#p1539243
TheRookiePro is also at it in the Ajayi Last Night thread. He is a busy guy!
12-team/.5 PPR/6 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te),
(2023 Champion)
QB: Mahomes , M. White
RB: S. Barkley, J.Mixon, A.Kamara, J.McKinnon, Breida
WR: T. Hill , AJ.Brown , D. Adams, J.Landry, M.Williams, H.Renfrow,
TE: M. Andrews , T. Hill, T. Conklin
2023 picks 2.01, 3.02

12-team/PPR/SF. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (rb/wr/te), 1FLEX (rb/wr/te/qb)
(2023 high scorer, 5th place)
QB: P. Mahomes, D. Watson , M.Corral, S. Thompson, M.Mariota
RB: S Barkley,K. Hunt,J.Mixon,D. Williams
WR: T. Hill, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, K.Shakir, C. Samuel, R.Gage, C.Davis, A.Thielen
TE: D.Goedert, H.Hurst, T.Conklin, N.Gray
2023 Picks 1.01,1.02,1.08,1.11 2024 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Fish Sticks wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 pm TheRookiePro is also at it in the Ajayi Last Night thread. He is a busy guy!
Oh this is nothing. If Trey Burton becomes a top 5 TE this season, there will be some serious comeuppance.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:08 pm
Fish Sticks wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 pm TheRookiePro is also at it in the Ajayi Last Night thread. He is a busy guy!
Oh this is nothing. If Trey Burton becomes a top 5 TE this season, there will be some serious comeuppance.
:surprised: :whistle:

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:43 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 pm lol my argument is simple. But apparently, not simple enough for jcc6fd. I already used an automobile analogy let me try food:

Let's say all 2 NFL teams have $100 and they go to the grocery store to pick up dinner. One NFL team decides to spend all $100 on lobster. The other buys $40 worth of pork chops.

The lobster was delicious. However, the lobster turned out to have little meat underneath all the heavy shell. The meal left the guests full for only a 2-3 hours. The pork chops on the other hand, were not as delicious but surprisingly filling and also affordable!
What is it with ridiculous food analogies today?
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:58 pm

RB6 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:43 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 pm lol my argument is simple. But apparently, not simple enough for jcc6fd. I already used an automobile analogy let me try food:

What is it with ridiculous food analogies today?
Really what he’s getting at is there’s no Fantasy implication to his comments. The premise I initially challenged was that some feel Tevin is guaranteed a starting job via free agency, and I proposed it was possible that he doesn’t given his performance. Somehow an NFL team getting more bang for their buck, but that doesn’t result in Coleman being more Fantasy relevant supports his point of view. I disagree with the idea that Coleman will be a better deal for the team that signs him too, but it’s irrelevant to what was originally in question.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 am

The faux McKinnon thread that morphed into a Le'Veon vs Tevin food fight has spilled out into the streets and continues here.

Like I said before...you two guys need to get a room of your own. But the Lobster Le'Veon reference was amusing. Not sure the pork butt Coleman analogy is apropos. More like chorizo & beans , runs hot and spicy right through you one day and sometimes you just get all backed up and end up unable to go anywhere. Until the next explosion :surprised: :sick: . Tevin is not a meat & potatoes steady diet type runner.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 am

If people were unclear EXACTLY what point you were trying to make after using an analogy, doubt it'll become more clear after another. Didn't for me after this. I'm still not clear if your focus is NFL or fantasy. I thought it was fantasy after the McKinnon thread morphed into this discussion, but it looks like the focus is the NFL.

So, your contention is that, while Bell is the better player, Coleman will provide more value to his NFL team, considering the range of possible contracts Bell and Coleman will receive and their production during that contract (baring injury). Yes, that was one sentence.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 am

If people were unclear EXACTLY what point you were trying to make after using an analogy
From what I understand, the only 2 foods you can buy at a grocery store are lobster and pork chops.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am

Hatfields and Mccoys throwing a dinner party in this thread.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am Hatfields and Mccoys throwing a dinner party in this thread.
It's more like one person firing bullets the other person running around with a blanket over them like they're a ghost, shouting "you missed me, you missed me!"
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def