Kenyan Drake - Signed by Oakland

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What is Kenyan Drake’s value in picks?

Postby bsp27 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 pm

one of the strongest sells in all of dynasty. He has the body of a third down back but isn't a good receiver. Sell for mid-late first if u can get it.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 pm Who said he was "safe?" I traded up to grab him in his rookie draft and I still cashed out now. At the same time, I hate this generalizing about the likelihoods of whether he will be some big star, like that is all that matters. Are RB2 numbers worth anything?

If RBs arent top 10ish then they are treated like chopped liver. And then people cling to aging stars at the same time. But sure enough everyone will get super excited all over again for several late round rookies instead and if they don't seize the job year one, then let's just start it up again next year all over again. When he finally got his opportunity he shined. Drake is not just a scrub 3rd stringer. At the very least he is a decent passing down back so his floor isn't the worst. I will be shocked if they bring in a RB before round 4.
This is a good post. He’s going to be a very useful player, particularly in PPR leagues, which is what most of us play in. The Dolphins figure to be down a lot and throwing late so I expect Drake to get a boatload of catches and Gore will get some work on early downs but that’s about it. I also look at it as a 70/30 type of split with Gore. Personally, I only own him in one league so I’m not really invested too much at all, but kinda surprised that so many people are down on him.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 pm

There's a good chance Drake will be a RB2 in PPR leagues. Dude has looked great when given the opportunity and the just found a nice mentor to help and carry a little bit of the workload as he enjoys South Florida once again.

I think Drake will surprise some people this year, I would pay an early 2nd pretty easily and based on my team needs and landing spots I would give a late 1st with who might be on the board.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 am

I don’t really get the “he entered the year as the third stringer” argument. David Johnson was playing behind Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington for the majority of the year, and only started to get bell-cow status once Johnson was hurt.

Not every situation is the same, but young players often have to prove themselves to takeover veteran starter.

Adam Gase drafted this guy pretty early, he was the third RB off the board in the early 3rd. He had no ties to Ajayi and it was clear after the trade he wanted to get a better look at his guy, Drake.

I do believe they don’t view him as a bell-cow, but he is adding the weight and Gore is a positive for him. The Dolphins have a weak roster and Gore’s work ethic should rub off on the younger guys like Drake.

They would have brought Anderson in if they hadn’t signed Gore, but adding a veteran and a couple of rookies is a solid group to head into this year with.

Is Drake a long-term asset? Maybe, maybe not. He does have pedigree and showed well in limited action when given the opportunity. If you listened to Gase, he was really happy with the explosiveness Drake brought the second half of the season. They lacked big plays and Drake made some long runs.

Gore will definitely be a thorn in the side for 2018, but there’s no reason Drake can’t get about 200 carries and 50 receptions. He’d be a solid RB2 with upside for a lot more if he ever got any volume.

I just don’t see the point in selling for even an early 2nd when you’d literally be buying round 2 WR’s or 4th-5th round RB’s like John Kelly who will have less pedigree, less athleticism, and most likely a lesser path to getting clear touches.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 am

FWIW, a few weeks ago, I traded away Drake for the 1.14/Foles in a superflex.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 am

Running back depth is hard to accrue in competitive leagues. If you currently own him and are competing, he should be considered a hold. Id suggest selling him mid season as I fully expect him to be productive in 2018. He is young and if you did take the time to watch him play, its pretty obvious he is a play maker and is an asset in the short passing game on an offense that is very lacking of play makers. In this draft, I see very few solid options late in the 1st and into the 2nd that have the floor that Drake offers. People all to often forget the hit to miss rate on rookies at this time of the year.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am

JFever wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 am Running back depth is hard to accrue in competitive leagues. If you currently own him and are competing, he should be considered a hold. Id suggest selling him mid season as I fully expect him to be productive in 2018. He is young and if you did take the time to watch him play, its pretty obvious he is a play maker and is an asset in the short passing game on an offense that is very lacking of play makers. In this draft, I see very few solid options late in the 1st and into the 2nd that have the floor that Drake offers. People all to often forget the hit to miss rate on rookies at this time of the year.
The fever is real.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:51 am

You always have to weary of a guy who produces for a few games at year's end when the season is long gone. Let's see him do it during the early to mid portion. Plus teams now have tape on him, something they didn't previously have.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Outlook for Drake?

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 am

I own K.Drake and have recently received an offer I'm mulling it over. This is a big money league with team entries of 175.00 per year and sizeable payouts for the title. My team is one of the strongest, most balanced, and youngest, and I'm trying to defend a title and go back to back this year. My rb corp currently is made up of A.Kamara, J.Mixon, J.Conner, AP, Gio, RoJo, and Gore, with K.Dixon on my IR and K.Ballage on taxi. My team is balanced with qbs R.Wilson, C.Wentz, and B.Bortles. WR are OBJ, Hopkins, Landry, JuJu, C.Davis, M.Williams, K.Cole, DJ Chark on Taxi, and D.Cain on IR. Ebron and Ertz are my TE.

Do ya think selling Drake for a 2020 first is wise? Being 2 years out isn't ideal. J.Conner will likely regress within the next couple weeks with the possible return of L.Bell into the fold, so I may need Drake at some point and - he's only 24 / turns 25 in January. Rb depth in a championship run is critical.... but, the 2020 class looks to be a promising rb draft and its tough to say where the pick will be. Likely mid to early. Gore likely retires after this season. Will Drake get an increased role or will Gore's job simply slide to Ballage and the Mia backfield continues to be a subtle rbbc?

It is a salary cap league and currently Drake's salary hit is quite friendly at 3030.00 / while first round picks are in the 4500-4800 range.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Peace!

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Outlook for Drake?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 am

This is a tough one. I know I believed in Drake coming into the season. Thought he could be close to an every down back. Still do. However, Gore has been eating into his carries, and the Dolphins haven’t looked that great *gasp*. Drake seems to be on a pretty friendly contract in your league, and I would probably hold. Like you said, Conner’s production will likely regress unless Bell gets traded *gasp again*. I think you have a solid team with depth, and I don’t think I would mortgage that depth for the future just yet. Injuries, especially to RBs, can pile up quickly and you could soon be kicking yourself for trading away Drake. If you are win-now, which you seem to be today, I would hold. If the sh!t hits the fan and you find yourself out of the playoff picture, then see if that offer still stands.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am

I'd take the 2020 1st. You don't necessarily need Drake this year, and Miami is just a nuisance to deal with on a weekly basis. Sure Connor will regress with Bell coming back, but ROJO looks to be seeing more reps and may supplant that. Edit (Assuming 2RB starting req)

Getting the 2020 1st can also extend (sustain) your championship window by getting more currency to flip for players in the future, since the pick will only appreciate in value.

The 2020 class looks pretty good too.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am

Every off season there are discussions about RBs who get elevated into a starting role due to injuries, trades, etc. and I'm generally opposed to investing too heavily into them. The 3 biggest names that I was critical of buying at high prices were Drake, Barber and Collins as they were in this scenario in 2017. It's why I didn't believe we'd see much work this year from Spencer Ware. He was in this position in 2016 and the narrative said he lost his starting job due to injury. I never believed such a thing as Hunt was drafted to replace him.

As to Drake, I stated a number of times this off season that my expectations for that backfield we're a full time share and that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gore led the team in carries. While things could change, this is exactly the scenario that is playing out. As a result, I'm not sure that Drake has any real impact for a championship run and for the longer term, expect Miami to go out and find another back in 2019.

This is a deal I'd make, despite the pick being two years out. I don't value Drake as a first round pick.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am

I have never been a fan of him and thought he was being grossly overvalued. Of course, coaching situation has not helped but people should not pretend he is some special back with a feature skillset.

Two years out is indeed not ideal but I would probably do it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

So much of this depends on how Gase uses him. The playcalling in their offense is putrid. Drake is by far the most dynamic player in the Dolphins offense, but he's getting less carries than a 35-year-old Frank Gore and they just remembered he has above-average receiver instincts in the last game.

It's probably safer to take the pick.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks for the thoughts all. Much appreciated. Part of me is just hesitant because I think I could benefit from the rb depth down the stretch. I may counter his offer. His offer was J.Grant Wr Miami and that 2020 1st for K.Drake. Thoughts on a counter of My J.Landry and K.Drake for his 2020 1st and A.Thielen? Reasoning - Thielen and Landry's salaries are identical.