Kenyan Drake - Signed by Oakland

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What is Kenyan Drake’s value in picks?

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm

joeday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:00 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am
joeday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am The Drake owner is offering me Drake for 2.2 and Booker...Booker means nothing to me but 2.2 still has decent value.
why does booker mean nothing to you?
I doubt the Broncos go into the season with him as the starter...maybe I am glossing over him too quickly?
Same doubt should apply to Drake

I too believe Gore is more of a hurdle than many are suggesting. He has been too solid of a producer for too long to be ignored. Thinking this is "the year" he is relegated to bench duty cheerleading a younger guy is why many have wasted previous good picks on players that were previously "sending Gore to the bench"
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm

I am very surprised so many people seem to think Drake is anything near safe. Or that Gore will not have a role because he is "old".

Drake is nothing special, will be a committee back and is a prime candidate to get Tre Mason'd. Add in that the Phins appear to be a dumpster fire.. It's hard to be excited.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm I am very surprised so many people seem to think Drake is anything near safe. Or that Gore will not have a role because he is "old".

Drake is nothing special, will be a committee back and is a prime candidate to get Tre Mason'd. Add in that the Phins appear to be a dumpster fire.. It's hard to be excited.
Yea I have to agree with this. They also tried to trade for CJA
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Drake is a much more talented back than Booker and it isn't even close. I don't think he will hold down a long term bellcow role bc he is too light in the behind, which also might speak to the desire to bring in a CJA or Gore.

Treating Gore's 35 year old year the same as his 34, or 33, or 32, or 31, etc., is a major fallacy.

All 30+ years are not treated equal, and also all backup/committee backs are not equal. Funny that the same guys who think Gore at 35 is not a huge difference from the rest of his years also don't do much differentiating between backs who haven't been instant starters.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:26 pm I am very surprised so many people seem to think Drake is anything near safe. Or that Gore will not have a role because he is "old".

This is where my thoughts are, although admittedly I haven’t watched much of him so I’m not able to offer a solidly backed opinion on the subject.
Last edited by Valhalla on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I waiver wired Drake last year and I sold him plus gio Bernard for 1.03 the day after the Super Bowl. I think he’s super talented but he never had more than 100 touches in college and I viewed him as being as valuable as he’ll ever be. Not sure how some can hope for bellcow work when he has literally never done that at any level. While he was good last year it was a product of being the only rb left standing.

I think the fins know that he’s not capable of bellcow kind of workload and brought Gore on to form a committee. Also wouldn’t be surprised if CJA comes aboard now that he’s an FA, I think the fins knew that the broncos would cut him anyway now they get him without giving up much. I would sell for a mid to late first considering there seems to be a Drake optimist in every league. I would only buy for a mid to late 2nd though.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Per Graham Barfield, in weeks 13-17 Drake had:

91 carries (6th most)
444 Yards (1st)
4.1 Yards after Contact (1st)
17 Receptions (13th)
150 Yards (14th)

He definitely had a strong stretch considering the dumpster fire of a team he was on.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm

I don't think anyone is claiming Drake is the second coming. But he is clearly going to be given a chance to be the focus of Miami's running game.

I live in South Florida and all of the local reporters are covering Gore as a feel-good hometown boy returning for his final season & as a mentor to Drake.

As for CJA, if they wanted him they would have signed him ... the Dolphins have a ton of needs to be filled. They are hoping Drake fills the RB hole, if not they will address it in 2019. But they are not going to wasted draft capital this year when they have a possible solution in Drake plus far more pressing needs.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm As for CJA, if they wanted him they would have signed him ...
Anderson was cut with under two weeks to go before the draft. He could very well be on the Dolphins radar as a “we’ll sign him if player A doesn’t fall into our laps in the 4th, or if we’re so lucky to have player B sitting there in the 3rd.”
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm The _____ have a ton of needs to be filled. They are hoping _____ fills the RB hole, if not they will address it in ____. But they are not going to wasted draft capital this year when they have a possible solution in _____ plus far more pressing needs.
This is a fill-in-the-blank story we hear every year, which quite often apparently isn’t a story NFL GMs take the time to read.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Who remembers Jerious Norwood? Quite efficient, solid looking (but smaller side) RB. He looked very good when given a chance, but wasn’t pushed “on purpose” by the team. 3rd round pick so they had draft capital in the guy, and he was a pretty good athlete of a RB too. And the Falcons had SO MANY NEEDS.
If I recall correctly, Michael Turner (LT2’s backup at that time) was brought in that offseason.

To say Drake is safe doesn’t sound accurate to me. He might end up being without company aside from Gore, but that’s not a great bet in my opinion.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 pm Anderson was cut with under two weeks to go before the draft. He could very well be on the Dolphins radar as a “we’ll sign him if player A doesn’t fall into our laps in the 4th, or if we’re so lucky to have player B sitting there in the 3rd.”
As someone pointed out earlier in this thread ... no one is going to carry 3 RBs & none of them contribute to special teams. So unless you think Miami will sign CJA and then relegates Drake to special teams duties, it's not going to happen.
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm The _____ have a ton of needs to be filled. They are hoping _____ fills the RB hole, if not they will address it in ____. But they are not going to wasted draft capital this year when they have a possible solution in _____ plus far more pressing needs.
This is a fill-in-the-blank story we hear every year, which quite often apparently isn’t a story NFL GMs take the time to read.
[/quote]

Dolphins have ZERO ... NONE ... NADA playmakers on offense at the moment. They have a RB who has showed glimpses and that's about it. When they have questions at QB, WR, TE & o-line ... why would they possibly invest in a RB in the first 3 rounds?

I suspect that the Dolphins are staring at a 3-13 season & I think Drake will likely struggle and be replaced in 2019 ... but I am 100% confident Drake enters the season as the primary RB with a 70/30 split with Gore.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 pm Anderson was cut with under two weeks to go before the draft. He could very well be on the Dolphins radar as a “we’ll sign him if player A doesn’t fall into our laps in the 4th, or if we’re so lucky to have player B sitting there in the 3rd.”
As someone pointed out earlier in this thread ... no one is going to carry 3 RBs & none of them contribute to special teams. So unless you think Miami will sign CJA and then relegates Drake to special teams duties, it's not going to happen.
Valhalla wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 pm
Dolphins have ZERO ... NONE ... NADA playmakers on offense at the moment. They have a RB who has showed glimpses and that's about it. When they have questions at QB, WR, TE & o-line ... why would they possibly invest in a RB in the first 3 rounds?

I suspect that the Dolphins are staring at a 3-13 season & I think Drake will likely struggle and be replaced in 2019 ... but I am 100% confident Drake enters the season as the primary RB with a 70/30 split with Gore.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Who said he was "safe?" I traded up to grab him in his rookie draft and I still cashed out now. At the same time, I hate this generalizing about the likelihoods of whether he will be some big star, like that is all that matters. Are RB2 numbers worth anything?

If RBs arent top 10ish then they are treated like chopped liver. And then people cling to aging stars at the same time. But sure enough everyone will get super excited all over again for several late round rookies instead and if they don't seize the job year one, then let's just start it up again next year all over again. When he finally got his opportunity he shined. Drake is not just a scrub 3rd stringer. At the very least he is a decent passing down back so his floor isn't the worst. I will be shocked if they bring in a RB before round 4.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Drake is, imo, a near lock to split with Gore at about a 60/40, 70/30 split. He should also be their primary receiving rb. Drake certainly has ppr rb2 production potential. I don't see it very likely that Miami takes a rb early, at least not early enough to make it likely that said rb would replace Drake or over take his role. Can't say im confident at this point in time that Drake is safe beyond 2018, so his current value should and does reflect that. A late 1st, early 2nd seems reasonable given all we know at this point. He is definitely worth ore than a late 2nd or 3rd, and due to questions / uncertainty, he isn't worth a mid to early 1st.
I like what I saw down the stretch after Ajaya got shipped away (have NFL package and DVR, so I like to watch games with my players in them when possible) - and am happy to share K.Drake helped one of my teams to win in the playoffs and ultimately win a league championship that brought home 980.00. I own him on one team of six, so im not heavily invested nor am I an apologist.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 pm Who said he was "safe?" I traded up to grab him in his rookie draft and I still cashed out now. At the same time, I hate this generalizing about the likelihoods of whether he will be some big star, like that is all that matters. Are RB2 numbers worth anything?
Yes RB2 numbers are definitely worth something, and there are a lot of people out there that think he will even be better than that. For me I had to cash out on a waiver wire pickup in return for the shot at getting a back I believe will be an asset for more than a year or two. I don’t believe Drake is a long term back that gets volume, I see him more like Mckinnon was for the vikes or Gio for the Bengals, a complimentary back. The drop in value if Drake doesn’t shine this year is significant so I am fine with my sale base purely on the risk involved with Drake.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)