Best landing spot per position

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Triton85
Captain
Captain

Best landing spot per position

Postby Triton85 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

Curious to see what other people thing regarding the premier landing spot for a particular position. While it doesn't matter where Barkley really goes, other players may be swayed if they land in one of these sweet spots.

QB: NYG - while it may not be good for the 2018 season, I think a qb landing with the Giants has to be a top qb picked in a rookie draft, with OBJ, Engram and Sheppard all there the kid would have plenty of weapons. Runner up - Browns, I hate this... but I do this Cleveland may be climbing out of the dumpster fire - Landry, Gordon (maybe), Coleman, Barkley (possibly) and Njoku could be a good supporting cast for a qb to slide into

RB: This one is tough, I think the ones to consider are Eagles, Patriots, Raiders and Ravens. As the superbowl winners the Eagles have a great line and a team that other teams can't stack the box on - but with Ajayi and Clement there it'd have to be a guy like Guice to fit in. I don't like the Patriots as a long term option at RB as Brady is gone soon and I think that team is about to fall apart (not many weapons that are sticking around)

WR: I think this one is down to 2 teams Dallas, they have a great RB, young qb and a massive hole at WR now and the Panthers - young rb / qb combo and not much in the way of WR. I personally like the idea of Dallas taking my top WR choice as the favorite - but really i think this is a toss up

TE: San Fran, Detroit, New Orleans - The Saints getting a young TE would be great in the short term, but they have a ton of weapons to spread the ball too and Brees isn't getting any younger - that leaves Lions and 49ers... If you trust in Jimmy G, then the 49ers really do have a lack of talent to catch the ball so a TE really could take off quick there. The Lions will be looking to replace Ebron, who got fed when he was healthy. Personally if I had 2 TEs I held in the same regard I'd pick the one that went to Detroit. But I don't think this would push a tier 2 TE into a tier 1 spot

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Best landing spot per position

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am

The Browns suck absolute bleep and I pray none of these fine young men end up dying there like the 202988204 players before them.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am

QB - Anywhere but Cleveland.
RB - Bucs/Colts/49ers/Giants/Texans/Panthers
WR - Cowboys, Colts, Jets (if they draft Rosen/Baker), 49ers, Falcons, Panthers
TE - Seahawks, Dallas, Miami, who really cares they won't be good for 4 years anyways.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 am

Jason3123 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am The Browns suck absolute bleep and I pray none of these fine young men end up dying there like the 202988204 players before them.
Dang. Harsh again. lol You really hate Cleveland huh?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 am

Biggest problem with CLE as landing spot for a QB is that they didn't fire Jackson when they hired Dorsey. Instead of letting Dorsey pick his coach, Jackson will be under a ton of pressure to win right away. But from a talent standpoint, CLE has a solid o-line, good RB (with potential to add Barkley), Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Njoku. The defense should be pretty solid as well.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 am

JFever wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 am
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am The Browns suck absolute bleep and I pray none of these fine young men end up dying there like the 202988204 players before them.
Dang. Harsh again. lol You really hate Cleveland huh?
I hate every team, and the NFL in general, lol. But Cleveland is prime example #1 why it's an absolute waste of time and energy to be a fan of a sports team. They give zero shits about the fans, or the product, they just want your money at the end of the day.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 am Biggest problem with CLE as landing spot for a QB is that they didn't fire Jackson when they hired Dorsey. Instead of letting Dorsey pick his coach, Jackson will be under a ton of pressure to win right away. But from a talent standpoint, CLE has a solid o-line, good RB (with potential to add Barkley), Landry, Gordon, Coleman, Njoku. The defense should be pretty solid as well.
This is a good post, but Hue also got his bridge QB in Tyrod, so they can waste the #1 pick on a QB. I do think we'll see them invest in the o-line with the loss of Thomas, and probably defense, maybe Bradley Chubb at #4, or OL at #4, and then load up on defense with their other picks.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am

I think the Raiders are actually a good landing spot for all of RB, WR & TE. There is a lot of opportunity there.

If one of the slot guys goes there.. That would be interesting.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am

QB: Cleveland Browns - Cleveland finally has the #1 pick and the opportunity to not screw this up by passing on the #1 QB like they have the past two years (and many years prior). Tyrod Taylor is a more-than-competent QB who can be the "bridge" for a season or even longer while whomever they select here waits in the wings. I doubt it will be more than a season but this will also be the first time that they weren't sitting on complete garbage at the position while grabbing a rookie. Granted, they COULD screw it up but thankfully there isn't a QB coming out of Notre Dame this year either.

RB: Denver Broncos - Despite having a bunch of middling talents, Denver was 12th in the league in rushing last season and got rid of their best one this week. They also have a big hole to fill at QB so bringing in a rookie in both spots could be shaky.

WR: San Francisco - I have nothing positive to say about any receiver currently on the 49ers. Garropollo is going to have to throw to someone.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am I think the Raiders are actually a good landing spot for all of RB, WR & TE. There is a lot of opportunity there.

If one of the slot guys goes there.. That would be interesting.
I don't love Gruden's history with tight ends
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm

I agree that the broncos could be a favorite to land an RB... i don't think Barkley falls to them (unless cleveland trades 4th pick) but I could see them grabbing Guice, chubb or michel with their 2nd pick. Losing Anderson does make them a prime spot

Syd12356
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Syd12356 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:52 pm

skip wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am QB: Cleveland Browns - Cleveland finally has the #1 pick and the opportunity to not screw this up by passing on the #1 QB like they have the past two years (and many years prior). Tyrod Taylor is a more-than-competent QB who can be the "bridge" for a season or even longer while whomever they select here waits in the wings. I doubt it will be more than a season but this will also be the first time that they weren't sitting on complete garbage at the position while grabbing a rookie. Granted, they COULD screw it up but thankfully there isn't a QB coming out of Notre Dame this year either.

RB: Denver Broncos - Despite having a bunch of middling talents, Denver was 12th in the league in rushing last season and got rid of their best one this week. They also have a big hole to fill at QB so bringing in a rookie in both spots could be shaky.

WR: San Francisco - I have nothing positive to say about any receiver currently on the 49ers. Garropollo is going to have to throw to someone.
Not even Trent Taylor?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR 30 Man Rosters 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE

QB- Newton, Dalton, Keenum, L. Jackson
RB- Da. Johnson, Bell, S. Michel, Du. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Wilkins, L. Blount, C. Grant, B. Scott
WR- D.Hopkins, Hill, Thielen, E. Sanders, Fitzgerald, D. Baldwin, M. Mitchell, Humphries, R. Anderson, T. Taylor, R. Mathews, Meredith
TE- Gronk, K.Rudolph, Gathers, Seals-Jones
2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3x4ths

Team 2: 14 Team PPR 25 Man Rosters (30 in offseason) (4 TS) 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE, Team Defense, Kicker

QB- M. Ryan, Flacco
RB- Guice, Michel, Cohen, Collins, G. Bernard, L. Blount, C. Grant
WR- Landry, Diggs, Thielen, M. Bryant, Crowder, Edelman, K. Cole, Mitchell, D. Robinson, C. Rogers, Butler, Zylstra, D. Cantrell, T. Quinn
TE- Engram, Cook, Gathers, Akins
DEF-
TS- L. Jackson, A. Miller, Chark, J. Samuels
2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:46 pm

skip wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am
I keep seeing everyone list WR as a huge need but Pierre Garcon was on pace for 1000 yards with Hoyer/Beathard and Marquise Goodwin played rather decently and earned himself a long term extension in the offseason with his play, and imo Trent Taylor for a rookie was rather serviceable in the slot. Provided Garcon's neck is 100% and Goodwin's head isn't ringing anymore from that hideous concussion he suffered week 17, I think their WRs aren't bad. I'd still love for them to draft someone like an Equanimeous St. Brown in the late 2nd to give them a tall redzone threat but it's not like Jimmy G is completely void of weapons if that doesn't happen.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Jason wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:46 pm
skip wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am
I keep seeing everyone list WR as a huge need but Pierre Garcon was on pace for 1000 yards with Hoyer/Beathard and Marquise Goodwin played rather decently and earned himself a long term extension in the offseason with his play, and imo Trent Taylor for a rookie was rather serviceable in the slot. Provided Garcon's neck is 100% and Goodwin's head isn't ringing anymore from that hideous concussion he suffered week 17, I think their WRs aren't bad. I'd still love for them to draft someone like an Equanimeous St. Brown in the late 2nd to give them a tall redzone threat but it's not like Jimmy G is completely void of weapons if that doesn't happen.
Devoid on any targets is one thing, but lacking high-quality targets is another. Garcon is ideally not more than a team's #2, and Goodwin a field stretching 3rd/4th a la Taylor Gabriel. SF has a definite need, but I think they can talk a WR after the first 2 rounds and still find a usable player.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def