Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Allen

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Good mechanics is such a silly thing to rip a kid over. I know it is beat to death when it comes to that but watching P.Rivers throw .... yuk.
But, he gets it done at an extremely high level. And, to be clear, Allen's mechanics are at the moment, better than P.Rivers' mechanics ever have been or ever will be. Anyway, Some good things in that article you linked Servo. But, that article also has some complete BS in it as well. Many things that are true that should be considered when discussing where Allen is at now and where he's coming from as far as project is concerned. Allen is far from a finished product and I hope that people that drafted him are / were aware of that. But, to say that he wasn't a good college player is a huge oversimplification. And, to say he (Allen) is the worst part of the Bill's offense. Well, that is just wrong. Time will tell how the Bills mold their Qb of the future. We'll see how this shakes out. My gut tells me that Josh Allen will have success as a qb for fantasy purposes at a high level, but it is likely a couple years out.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:05 pm

All I know is I hope that he gets a longer leash than EJ Manuel, Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder got. No I am not comparing Allen to them - just noting that the NFL can be as impatient as us fantasy owners at times - so I really hope his leash will be at least 3 full years (draft capital suggests it should). Ryan Tannehill / Sam Bradford length would be nice. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:05 pm All I know is I hope that he gets a longer leash than EJ Manuel, Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder got. No I am not comparing Allen to them - just noting that the NFL can be as impatient as us fantasy owners at times - so I really hope his leash will be at least 3 full years (draft capital suggests it should). Ryan Tannehill / Sam Bradford length would be nice. :)
I think he'll get at least two seasons. I think the Bills will try to "Blake Bortles" him. Allen has shown he can at least avoid losing games. Build up the defense and get him a few weapons and he just has to be good enough to not screw up.

It doesn't answer the accuracy issues, but almost every other QB in the league has someone they can heave the ball to on a prayer. Allen definitely doesn't have that.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Whilst everyone loses their collective minds over L.Jacksons rushing, Allen Quietly rushes for 99 yards and a TD on 13 carries whilst throwing a bomb TD and no ints.

I openly bagged Josh before the season but man he can move for a big guy and his accuracy has been far better than I gave him credit for. Also doing this on a team far worse than the Ravens....

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:27 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm Whilst everyone loses their collective minds over L.Jacksons rushing, Allen Quietly rushes for 99 yards and a TD on 13 carries whilst throwing a bomb TD and no ints.

I openly bagged Josh before the season but man he can move for a big guy and his accuracy has been far better than I gave him credit for. Also doing this on a team far worse than the Ravens....
Not to be that guy... but who are the weapons Lamar has at his disposal?

Allen looked good this weekend. I give him credit. Won them the game for sure and I think like Cleveland, Buffalo finally has something to be excited for. I'm not much higher on Lamar than Allen but let's not act like Lamar is in KC or LAR

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:27 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm Whilst everyone loses their collective minds over L.Jacksons rushing, Allen Quietly rushes for 99 yards and a TD on 13 carries whilst throwing a bomb TD and no ints.

Allen looked good this weekend. I give him credit. Won them the game for sure and I think like Cleveland, Buffalo finally has something to be excited for. I'm not much higher on Lamar than Allen but let's not act like Lamar is in KC or LAR
Sorry but I'm confused, where did I say Lamar has weapons? I do believe Ravens have a better oline and better defense hence why I said Allen is in a far worse team, I also rate John Brown and Crabtree but that's not relevant as I never mentioned weapons at any stage.
I was pointing out that Allen had a great week with both his legs and no turnovers but there is no mention of it anywhere on these forms that's I've noticed.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:38 pm

I for one was unaware of his rushing production this week until you mentioned it. :oops:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Wait wut? Have you not seen the Bills oline and WR collection? Pure trash. Ravens have far better group of WR and TE for sure.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:55 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm
Also BUF must have known what they were doing because Rosen and Jackson were both available. So I am going to assume they actually preferred working with the deficiencies reading defenses and not always throwing with great technique.

However he can and does make some throws it is hard to imagine more polished QB's even trying...not sure if it is a bonus or not but the fact he will has me cheering for him to succeed
For QBs, I had it as Baker, Lamar, Allen. End of list.
I think Baker is a bonafide Franchise QB with easily fixable, small issues.
I think Lamar has comparable issues to Allen, but his elite athleticism makes defenses easier to beat, and hence gives him the edge.
I think Allen needs to work on his a few major things, pre-snap reads, post-snap reads, and footwork. Allen is least likely to make it of these three, but much more likely to stick than Darnold or Rosen, who I think will flame out relatively quickly, or be dragged to slow awful deaths like Bortles. Taking that Bills team and beating the Jags was one hell of a performance. It wasn't pretty, but watching Allen, he just has "it". Maybe it's my old-school nonsense here, but I've noticed guys who have "it" tend to make it.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:32 am

My point since day one is Allen has more raw upside than any QB in this class. While I had Baker rated higher due to his creativity and unbelievable accuracy, The Bills have to be elated with Allen; He is developing quickly.

The Bills have zero to worry about with Allen. He is a Franchise type player that is jumping off the page with talent. He is already reading defenses at a very high level. The sky is the limit with this player. I remained convinced had Baker not been in this draft the Browns would have taken him 1st overall due to his upside. His arm strength and release time are amazing and his dual threat athleticism will serve him well. Allen desperately needs weapons on the outside but I am confident the Bills will address WR.

Both these players are going to be an enjoyment to watch for years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:49 am

Refreshing post. ^
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 am

I was high on him to begin with, but honestly I'm surprised at how well he's done this year. The Bills might have the worst collection of offensive talent in the league, yet he's still made some great plays and looked quite good. They have to invest heavy draft capital on the offensive side of the ball in the upcoming drafts though to give him a chance to reach his potential, and I am concerned McDermott will go for more defense instead. I think ideally they go LT in the 1st round, there are at least 3 (Greg Little, Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner) that are in discussion as top 10 worthy picks right now. Then in the 2nd round (or trading up into the late 1st) they get a WR, there are quite a few in the mid 1st - mid 2nd range. Then hopefully another O-lineman in the 3rd, with a TE or another WR later on.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 am

Bills will absolutely invest in Offensive talent if they can, with draft picks and their $80+ mil in cap space. They already have one of the best defenses this year and would be even higher if the offense did not have so many 3 and outs/unfavorable field position (especially Peterman games). Top of the 1st is littered with defensive line talent next year, so I am not sure if they will attempt to trade back a little and grab an OL. It may end up being right around where they pick anyways, and I am not sure if they end up overspending on a WR2 type and hope they grab a couple decent ones in the 2nd rd and on. Shady looks at the end of his reign too, but at least RB is a position they can either wait a year on or take a couple fliers on.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 am

I for one have been pretty impressed by both Lamar and Allen. Doesn't hurt that they're two of the most fun to watch players in the league right now.

Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cgindecent » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:37 pm

I have Josh Allen in my taxi squad ready to promote next year to compliment and eventually take over for Cam; if the Bills upgrade some of their weapons. I watched that game over again on the weekend (watching the bills twice in a week eeeeesh), but what I noticed is that he can really throw the ball with ease and it was incredibly accurate. The misses he had were a couple drops from Deonte Thompson and terrible routes by the same guy and then a few throwaways which also looked really spot on, rather than trying to force something. Maybe he was extra motivated playing against Ramsay, but hopefully this is a game that pushes him to the next level.
12 Team .5 PPR (Max roster 2qb-4rb-4wr-2te-2k-2def)
1 QB - 2 WR - 1 RB - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

QB:Nick Foles, Josh Allen
RB: CEH - Chase Edmonds - Miles Sanders - James Robinson
WR: Robby Anderson - Tyreek Hill - Christian Kirk - OBJ - Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Akins - Darren Waller
Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor