Other (please specify)
0%

Total votes: 657

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Top 5 PPR players

Postby IR1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 am

Blueboy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm For me it's Hopkins, Gurley, OBJ, DJ, and Brown. I think a top seven including Zeke and Bell gives a better idea of that top tier, and I can see an argument for Evans being included.

Funny how nobody (me included) is thinking of Cooper here, I remember him being right there with OBJ and Evans last offseason.
Add Evans to that, I think last year there was OBJ vs Evans debates
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:30 pm
xlur8ed wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 pm Recency bias just poo'in on DJ. He had a wrist injury, not an ACL. Furthermore he has shown great success with numerous degenerate QBs at the helm. You want consistency, go look at 2016 DJ fantasy scoring in any format.

Furthermore this whole 'age' thing when referring to 26 year old RBs is hilarious.
Is it, though? We're talking most valuable dynasty assets. Why would I pick him over Zeke and Gurley, who are 3-4 years younger than him and produce at the same level? Next RB is him or Bell, which is basically personal preference at that point.
I think we have the same opinion here.... my point is the vote difference between Bell and DJ. Personally looking at long term, I question if DJ > Bell in terms of dynasty value. One has proven to be good in a lethal offense, while the other has shown to be good with a poor oline, poor QB, and lack of offensive weapons. DJ also lacks the retirement BS, the weed smoking BS, and the overall attitude that Bell has.

I own Bell in all leagues, so this isn't rose colored glasses, but gun to my head if the DJ owner offered DJ for Bell straight up, I'd probably take it.
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 am

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 am Really weird to me that Zeke continues to be consensus top 5. Declining offense, team. Already has a 6 game suspension and domestic smoke under his belt. Not to mention he's not that good at receiving and will see his receiving work cut into when Dallas adds a satellite back soon.

Evans is an easy choice over Zeke, not even close IMO.
Weird that a guy who has finished as RB3 for two consecutive years in PPG and is still only 22 years old is consensus top 5?

The suspension is the only concern, but seems relatively minor given the odd conditions around the last one. That declining offense knocked him all the way down from RB3 ppg in 2016 to.....RB3 ppg in 2017.

Evans is the weird one here. A fantasy WR2 in three of his four seasons. A nice player to have on your fantasy squad, but not a difference maker like the other potential top 5 guys are. The ppg difference between Evans and the rest of the guys being discussed here is just massive. You could start 2 copies of Mike Evans and you'd still be getting fewer points than if you paired one of these other guys with Bennie Fowler.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

With Barkley going to the Giants, were does he fall on this poll?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 am

Big Al wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am With Barkley going to the Giants, were does he fall on this poll?
He was never remotely a consideration as a top 5 PPR player. Not now, not ever, imo.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 am

skip wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 am
Big Al wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am With Barkley going to the Giants, were does he fall on this poll?
He was never remotely a consideration as a top 5 PPR player. Not now, not ever, imo.
x2 He will never be top 5 for me, I have to see what he can do first.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 am

I would start considering him after Zeke, Gurley, OBJ, Hopkins.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

mchriste619
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mchriste619 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:35 pm

I'd go Gurley, Hopkins, OBJ, Brown, and then L. Bell. I think Elliott slides a bit after losing both vets Dez and Witten. I could easily see Thomas or Evans replacing OBJ here. NYG o-line is still atrocious and Eli has lost it IMO.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:19 am

xlur8ed wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 pm Recency bias just poo'in on DJ. He had a wrist injury, not an ACL. Furthermore he has shown great success with numerous degenerate QBs at the helm. You want consistency, go look at 2016 DJ fantasy scoring in any format.

Furthermore this whole 'age' thing when referring to 26 year old RBs is hilarious.
For me, it's also the lack of weapons behind Fitz. The team has been trying to find and groom young talents for years. The fact they haven't suggests the lack-of-weapons issue won't be easily or at all resolved. Now add a declining/ineffective oline and a trio of injury-prone/ineffective/rookie at QB and there's reason to question DJ.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def