Foles trade value in a SF?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

Foles trade value in a 12 team PPR SF?

Front half 1st (1-6)
No votes
Back half 1st (7-12)
2%
Front half 2nd (1-6)
14%
Back half 2nd (7-12)
24%
Front half 3rd (1-6)
29%
Back half 3rd (7-12)
17%
4th
14%

Total votes: 42

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Foles trade value in a SF?

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 pm

To other than the Wentz owner.
Wentz owner in this league is a jerk and I wouldn't trade Foles to him if he asked.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Foles trade value in a SF?

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 pm

A 3rd or 4th.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm

If I have Foles I’m not selling unless it’s and early 2nd personally. I also wouldn’t buy him for more than a late 2nd/early 3rd
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Minimal value except to the Wentz owner.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm

I'd sell for an early to mid 2nd. Even if he remains a Wentz cuff, he'll be starting somewhere next year. Depending on his landing spot, he should have 4-5 years of decent production in front of him. Better odds than a rookie crapshoot.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 am

He's worth the second round gamble imo. I still think he gets a shot elsewhere.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 am

I just drafted Foles in a SF startup. He went between rookie picks 2.06 and 2.07. I own him in another SF and I would not sell him for this price.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:45 am

Hasn't this guy already had multiple shots elsewhere? And his regular season stats last year are awful.

In most of my leagues you can only sell marginal players when their name is hot, I'd take what you can get.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:45 am Hasn't this guy already had multiple shots elsewhere? And his regular season stats last year are awful.

In most of my leagues you can only sell marginal players when their name is hot, I'd take what you can get.
His only other shot elsewhere was with Jeff Fisher. Goff and Keenum also looked terrible under Fisher.

His stats during the regular season were not awful. He only played in 2 full games, and in one of those he was terrific (fantasy wise).

You can choose to ignore his playoff games if you want to, but I think he showed that he is a very capable NFL QB in the right system.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:15 pm

alphaxray wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am
Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:45 am Hasn't this guy already had multiple shots elsewhere? And his regular season stats last year are awful.

His only other shot elsewhere was with Jeff Fisher. Goff and Keenum also looked terrible under Fisher.

His stats during the regular season were not awful. He only played in 2 full games, and in one of those he was terrific (fantasy wise).

You can choose to ignore his playoff games if you want to, but I think he showed that he is a very capable NFL QB in the right system.
He had a previous shot with Philly and they moved on from him and what is not awful about 56.4% completion, 5.3 Y/A and 79.5 passer rating?
He does also have two stints of fantastic play now, he's a truly unique case but he's not a Jimmy G with almost no previous opportunity

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:53 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:15 pm
alphaxray wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

He had a previous shot with Philly and they moved on from him and what is not awful about 56.4% completion, 5.3 Y/A and 79.5 passer rating?
He does also have two stints of fantastic play now, he's a truly unique case but he's not a Jimmy G with almost no previous opportunity
Im well aware of his previous stint in Philly. However, you asked if he had multiple shots ELSEWHERE, which he did not.

As for his regular season stats, you are have correctly listed them above. But the context in which he played in those games is important. He appeared at the end of a few blowouts prior to Wentz going down, and the week 17 game vs. Dallas when they had nothing to play for and didn't make an attempt to win the game. None of those appearances have any relevance to how good or bad Foles actually is.

As I mentioned before, Foles only played 2 full games during the regular season. One game was bad and one was very good.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 am

Im not trying to make Foles out to be a special QB or anything. But if he wants to have another shot at being a starting QB, he will likely have that opportunity next year. And given how hard it is to acquire starting QBs in most SF leagues, getting Foles for a 2nd (where the hit rate on QBs is pretty low) isn't a bad investment.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am

He is worth nothing...maybe a 4th to the Wentz owner. It actually has nothing to do with whether he can play or not
Backup QB's that need an injury to play are not even guys I roster generally. Backup QB's with questionable starters perhaps are worth something.

Unless he gets traded take what you can get because Wentz isn't going anywhere. I'd rather use a 2nd on Rudolph or Falk or later QB even. Basically unless it is a 16 team deep roster superflex I suspect Foles will be dropping off most 10/12team SF league rosters by October
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am He is worth nothing...maybe a 4th to the Wentz owner. It actually has nothing to do with whether he can play or not
Backup QB's that need an injury to play are not even guys I roster generally. Backup QB's with questionable starters perhaps are worth something.

Unless he gets traded take what you can get because Wentz isn't going anywhere. I'd rather use a 2nd on Rudolph or Falk or later QB even. Basically unless it is a 16 team deep roster superflex I suspect Foles will be dropping off most 10/12team SF league rosters by October
Guess who I won’t be trading Foles to in DLFS?

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

alphaxray wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am
maxhyde wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am He is worth nothing...maybe a 4th to the Wentz owner. It actually has nothing to do with whether he can play or not

Guess who I won’t be trading Foles to in DLFS?
:lol: Everyone else?
Yeah I think I would pass. I have plenty of marginal QB's and not many 2nds
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams