What do you use to measure players values in trades?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do you use to measure players values in trades?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 am

koalabear wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:48 pm Will I be embarrassed to put the trade on the DLF forum,?
no, please feel free. gotta ask to learn...and its your team and you can run it how you want as long as you are enjoying yourself while managing it...use opinions here as a guide not a do or die ruling of what you should or shouldn't do.

the best way to weigh a trade is how you feel, what have you seen, what do you expect to happen from here etc. Some value youth and potential very highly while other value proven steady reliable commodities, even if they have limited years left. Some of us think in 3 year windows, some think "oh i can have this guy on my team the next 10 years!" values and opinions vary so use your own sense and learn as you make mistakes (you will make some bad trades, but if you leanr why it didnt work out you will be better moving forward)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 am

:shock: Mis propios ojos :shock:

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 am
pokerface40 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 am A dartboard with player faces, a blindfold and a barrel of whiskey.
Well played, but pretty close to my strategy. I do look at ADP and various rankings to see if I am off-base, but mostly go with my gut. I also have a few friends I like to bounce ideas off of. This forum seems to give a relative consensus on a lot of players so my bias lies with DLF, but I also stray from the pack quite a bit. In the end it comes down to your leaguemates and you, and how team construction vs. value ends in a win in your mind.
I dunno ... I have a feeling that approach wastes a lot of whisky ...
I assumed they were drinking the whiskey so how is that a waste? I mean it is definitely a part of my player valuation process...the whiskey not the dartboard or blindfold
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:51 pm

maxhyde wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 am
pokerface40 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 am

Well played, but pretty close to my strategy. I do look at ADP and various rankings to see if I am off-base, but mostly go with my gut. I also have a few friends I like to bounce ideas off of. This forum seems to give a relative consensus on a lot of players so my bias lies with DLF, but I also stray from the pack quite a bit. In the end it comes down to your leaguemates and you, and how team construction vs. value ends in a win in your mind.
I dunno ... I have a feeling that approach wastes a lot of whisky ...
I assumed they were drinking the whiskey so how is that a waste? I mean it is definitely a part of my player valuation process...the whiskey not the dartboard or blindfold
Ah see I thought they were using the barrel of whisky to prop up the dartboard with the player names on it - then while blindfolded they'd be throwing the darts - seems to me that occasionally that this would cause darts to hit and pierce the barrel of whisky - thus leading to leakage and loss of whisky.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 pm

I maintain a massive spreadsheet with data on 200+ players - compiling ADP, playerprofiler data, # of years of remaining production, and some subjective projections of players' floors and ceilings, and I assign relative values based on all that. Any trade has to be within 15% in value. That's always my first step, most trade offers I get don't pass this test, and if they don't pass this test they don't get countered. No exceptions.
Final evaluation comes down to gut instinct, team needs, roster construction and where I am (and where I want to go) in the business cycle (rebuild/mid-pack/contender).
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

i keep my own personal rankings up to date and make trades based off that, obviously valuing higher players more than lower players. Through many years of trading, I feel like I have developed a really good general feel for what range of players make up gaps in value, so experience has played a big part in making my decisions
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:26 am

Write out both my teams' rosters or at least starting lineups before and after the trade. Decide which as a whole I would rather have. That normally clears it up pretty well
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

aticodejon
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby aticodejon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Blackout wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:33 am Fantasypros & FBG trade values chart

https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/04/fan ... 18-update/
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/app ... tradevalue

DLF ADP & Rankings (always 15 last days, no more). They even have made a 2 QB Rookie ADP recently : https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2018/ ... ort-april/

DTC & FantasyFFtools calculator specially DTC who uses a 10/12/14/16 teams and PPR/Non PPR/Superflex/2 QB system.

https://dynastytradecalculator.com/calculator/
http://www.dynastyfftools.com/tools/calculator

But the final decision is certainly my own advice :D It's just an help cause we can't see further like experts do all year long.

For interested people i've found a site for Superflex ADP with Vets, Rookies and both reunited : http://ffdynasty260.com/superflex-adp/

I use pick trade calculator too : https://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm (but i really think number of picks takes advantage on the gap between early picks and late picks in this one. And between 1.01 and 1.02, there is absolutely no difference. So to be taken with a grain of salt) and the same one but more elaborate (until 8 picks) with lineup requirements, rosters, teams...http://subscribers.footballguys.com/app ... Calculator
Thanks! super helpful post :clap: :clap: :clap:
14 team Full PPR scoring 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1R/W/T, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1IDP, 10Bench, 1IR
QB- J.Goff / B.Mayfield
RB- D.Cook / J.Mixon / A.Jones / K.Johnson / J.McKinnon / D.Guice
WR- M.Thomas / K.Allen / M.Evans / C.Sutton / D.Parker / A.Callaway
TE- E.Engram / C.Herndon
k- W.Lutz
DL- C.Jones
LB- B.Wagner / A.Williamson / J.Schobert
DB- K.Byard / J.Reid / J.Johnson / K.Neal

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:42 pm

I'd say some combo of ADP and my own rankings. History of the league is also huge. If you know picks during the draft are way over or under valued, maybe your league overvalues a certain position, all of this should be applied to sending, accepting, rejecting an offer.