Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 pm

My predictions are Indy and San Fran. San Fran for obvious need reasons and lots of cap, also fits Shanahan's X.

Indy, because Irsay is wild and it wouldn't shock me if he tried to rejuvenate fan excitement after what's happened to Luck. Nothing would excite fans more than Dez and Barkley @ 6.

Riffraff
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Riffraff » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 pm

:clap: seen that before but for some reason, it doesn't get old.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 am

Well it looks like I need to change my avatar. It was a bittersweet day as Dez is one of my favorite Cowboys of all time, but I felt this coming. I think it was a necessary move for the Boys, and will help Dez at the same time. I would hate if he landed in the NFC East, and find it unlikely(or am I just being optimistic?).

As an owner the top spots on my list are SF, GB, NE, IND. SEA or ARI wouldn't be bad. Darkhorse candidate: NO

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 am

I think Atlanta would be a good place for him to end up
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 am

My thoughts ... would he replace someone as 2nd WR or serve as a third WR? He doesn't seem agile enough to be a slot receiver, so the "red zone" guy seems his most likely place

Atlanta: Would he replace Mohammad Sanu? I think Sanu is just as good/maybe better at this point (and one year younger). A third WR would need to have more speed.

San Francisco: Would he replace Pierre Garcon (31 yrs old)? Maybe? Trent Taylor seems like a locked in third WR.

Seattle: Seems like a good fit opposite Baldwin. Lockett is best as 3rdWR?

Arizona: Seems like a good fit. No 2nd WR to speak of.

Chicago: With loss of Meredith, I see this as the best fit.

Carolina: Would make sense, although they need more speed (draft)? Mostly would he complement Olsen in red zone as Olsen is now older? If so, he would get lost. I don't think that team ever uses 2nd WR enough.

Buffalo: Why not? They're a mess anyway. I doubt he likes snow.

Jets: See Buffalo, but add New York media and fan base.

Indianapolis: No 2nd WR. Makes a lot of sense. Memories of Andre Johnson will make crowd skeptical/nervous.

Houston: If Will Fuller is seen as third WR because of his speed, sure.

Cincinnati: I think they want to get Ross AND Boyd on the field, but maybe?

Oakland: God help us.

So if he wants to focus on teams that have chance to win, Seattle, Chicago (up and coming for sure), Carolina, and Houston make the most sense. Other than that he'll just be collecting a paycheck.

What I don't know at all are all the cap hit implications. I kind of need all of your input for that.

Do you agree?
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 am

I totally want him to make a trajectory ala T.O. 49ers or Eagles and finish in Cincy :D
Last edited by Blackout on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 am

As a Cowboys fan and dynasty owner of Dez, this is bittersweet.

I loved Dez, but this offense has changed and he no longer fit the role we needed from him. I hope he does to a team that runs a more open offense than the Cowboys.

For arguements sake, if Dez had played for say the Giants his entire career, and was cut this offseason, would anyone here say "ohhh the Cowboys would be a great fit!!" - I don't think so... I think the move could be exceptional for Dez, especially if he were able to land in Indy or SF. I will miss him on the Cowboys, but I hope he lands somewhere good
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 am My thoughts ... would he replace someone as 2nd WR or serve as a third WR? He doesn't seem agile enough to be a slot receiver, so the "red zone" guy seems his most likely place

Atlanta: Would he replace Mohammad Sanu? I think Sanu is just as good/maybe better at this point (and one year younger). A third WR would need to have more speed.

San Francisco: Would he replace Pierre Garcon (31 yrs old)? Maybe? Trent Taylor seems like a locked in third WR.

Seattle: Seems like a good fit opposite Baldwin. Lockett is best as 3rdWR?

Arizona: Seems like a good fit. No 2nd WR to speak of.

Chicago: With loss of Meredith, I see this as the best fit.

Carolina: Would make sense, although they need more speed (draft)? Mostly would he complement Olsen in red zone as Olsen is now older? If so, he would get lost. I don't think that team ever uses 2nd WR enough.

Buffalo: Why not? They're a mess anyway. I doubt he likes snow.

Jets: See Buffalo, but add New York media and fan base.

Indianapolis: No 2nd WR. Makes a lot of sense. Memories of Andre Johnson will make crowd skeptical/nervous.

Houston: If Will Fuller is seen as third WR because of his speed, sure.

Cincinnati: I think they want to get Ross AND Boyd on the field, but maybe?

Oakland: God help us.

So if he wants to focus on teams that have chance to win, Seattle, Chicago (up and coming for sure), Carolina, and Houston make the most sense. Other than that he'll just be collecting a paycheck.

What I don't know at all are all the cap hit implications. I kind of need all of your input for that.

Do you agree?
This is an excellent post.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:53 am

My fondest memory involving Dez was during my home league's annual rookie draft last summer. Immediately following the draft he was traded for '18 1st, 2nd, 3rd and '19 1st, 2nd. (Shallow rosters tend to inflate player's values but this was still a bit of a jaw dropper at the time).

Then...the player who received Dez later traded him (mid-season) for what turned out to be the '18 1.11, 1.12 AND Evan Engram!

The worst part is when a player switches NFL teams you have to use a "franchise tag" on that player to keep him on your roster. You inly get 5 tags over a 10 year period. So now the guy who traded away EE and two 1sts for half a season of Dez probably won't even keep him long term.

I know this isn't related to him in the real sense but it's a fond memories of him related to my fantasy league.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 am

GB would be a dream destination with an accurate QB. No idea if the interest would be mutual but interesting possibility. RZ offense would be a tough one to stop with Dez/Jimmy to go along with Cobb/Adams

Anyway I think the Cowboys made a big mistake
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 am

Fun fact - Jerry Jones has owned the Dallas Cowboys for almost as long as Dez Bryant has been alive.

Cowboys - bought Feb 1989
Dez - Born Nov 1988

As such I have a feeling that the Cowboys will be cursed by their decision to cut Dez Bryant - and will not win another Super Bowl for at least another 29 years. #dezbryantcurse
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 am

I agree that the Cowboys made a mistake. Im thinking Dez has quite a bit left in the tank. Lots of fantasy folks down on him. I've always thought it was a tad strange that the dip in production correlated with the loss of Romo. Anyway, got an offer today in the one league I own Dez in. 2.16 and R.Cobb for Dez. Instant decline, no counter. Would you have accepted that?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 am

JFever wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 am I agree that the Cowboys made a mistake. Im thinking Dez has quite a bit left in the tank. Lots of fantasy folks down on him. I've always thought it was a tad strange that the dip in production correlated with the loss of Romo. Anyway, got an offer today in the one league I own Dez in. 2.16 and R.Cobb for Dez. Instant decline, no counter. Would you have accepted that?
I would not have accepted that myself - but I fell out of favor with Cobb a few years ago. I am guessing that that pick is pick #32 overall?

Basically imho the odds Bryant at least replicates 2017 production > than the odds Cobb matches Bryant 2017 production AND a rookie at that pick does so. Why do Hilton and Jeffery get passes but Bryant doesnt - when they are all similar in age and had similar production in 2017?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 am
JFever wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 am I agree that the Cowboys made a mistake. Im thinking Dez has quite a bit left in the tank. Lots of fantasy folks down on him. I've always thought it was a tad strange that the dip in production correlated with the loss of Romo. Anyway, got an offer today in the one league I own Dez in. 2.16 and R.Cobb for Dez. Instant decline, no counter. Would you have accepted that?
I would not have accepted that myself - but I fell out of favor with Cobb a few years ago. I am guessing that that pick is pick #32 overall?

Basically imho the odds Bryant at least replicates 2017 production > than the odds Cobb matches Bryant 2017 production AND a rookie at that pick does so. Why do Hilton and Jeffery get passes but Bryant doesnt - when they are all similar in age and had similar production in 2017?
Good points. Also, DT had almost the exact same numbers last season as Dez and a lot of people make excuses for him too.