Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Ariz...Fitz in the slot , JJ (Kid Dynomite) or Chad Williams downfield on the outside & Dez. DJ coming out of the backfield with hopefully a healthy Slingin Sammy . Sign me up :dance: :thumbup:

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Fitzgerald and Dez may have started out similarly but they are MASSIVELY different WRs at this point. Fitzgerald has become a master technician. Dez is not that. He's still a beast and can go get the ball with the best of them, but he's closer to Jimmy Graham than he is to Fitz.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Sounds like he might have a wink-wink deal with the Redskins or Eagles already.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm Fitzgerald and Dez may have started out similarly but they are MASSIVELY different WRs at this point. Fitzgerald has become a master technician. Dez is not that. He's still a beast and can go get the ball with the best of them, but he's closer to Jimmy Graham than he is to Fitz.
Someone else had the take that Fitz could mentor Dez on how to adapt as he ages, which I like quite a bit. There’s no doubting his passion, so maybe that would work well for him /& extend his career another 3-4 years.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm Sounds like he might have a wink-wink deal with the Redskins or Eagles already.
As an Eagles fan and one who despises the Cowboys this city would reject Dez. Please Howie...don't ruin your winning streak with free agents and sign this bumb!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he landed in New England. His value soars IMO if that happens, as does Brady's TD totals. Most probably yardage as well. Would be fun to watch.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

skip wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am
Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:12 am He will be going to NYG, WAS or PHI.

After he was released he said, "I'll see you guys twice a year"
Which leaves Washington. The Giants and Eagles don't have the cap space. Redskins are an awful fit.
If they cut Marshall, wouldn't that leave them enough space for Dez?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 pm

I've liked the ARI and SEA ideas. CIN would be interesting too, opposite AJG, groom youngsters. Baltimore likes to pick up waived players because that doesn't impact the compensatory process.
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 pm

If he ends in CIN i would die. It would be like reunite the Terrell "Batman" Owens & Chad "Robin" Johnson show with AJG and Dez soft version :lol:

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:06 pm

After thinking about it all day, reading some articles, etc. I think the Texans make the most sense. First off, he’s from Texas, can stay in state. They have 35 million in cap space. What I’ve thought that Dez needed the last few seasons was some help, as far as better WRs around him, he goes to Houston and he would be single covered all day long with Hopkins on the other side, plus you have Fuller taking the top off. Not to mention that Hopkins and a few other players are already recruiting him, I could see this happening and I’m not going to lie, I don’t want him going to go to any team in the NFC East so this would be fine and as a sidenote, the Cowboys do play the Texans this season.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm

according to the news links under his MFL profile, neither the Panthers or Redskins are expected to pursue Dez.

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/v ... oworld9823

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/v ... oworld9823
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:18 pm My first thought was NE because they are always taking shots on guys in the twilight of their career and finding a way to resurrect them for a year or two.

But my money would be Arizona if they have the cap space. I believe the Cardinals have a solid enough defense and a pretty good offense to get into the playoffs. I would like to see Dez opposite of Fitz, with DJ in the backfield. Bradford is a damn accurate passer when he is on the field. Let’s see a last hurrah for Fitz and Dez.
Oooh I like that thought

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Does this give the Cowboys some cap to work with for more free agency moves? Or does this simply get them out of a cap crisis?
If they now have some additional cap to work with, who’s out there for them to bring in for a look? Maybe they consider Demarco as a decent backup/breather/pass catching option? Adrian Peterson just to put a star on him? Eric Decker working some short routes for their short route QB? Seems to be a few safeties unsigned...the NFL apparently has plenty of safeties.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm Does this give the Cowboys some cap to work with for more free agency moves? Or does this simply get them out of a cap crisis?
If they now have some additional cap to work with, who’s out there for them to bring in for a look? Maybe they consider Demarco as a decent backup/breather/pass catching option? Adrian Peterson just to put a star on him? Eric Decker working some short routes for their short route QB? Seems to be a few safeties unsigned...the NFL apparently has plenty of safeties.
It gives them 8.5 million to work with but I honestly don’t expect them to do any more signings. They’ve actually signed several players but not any real big names, Allen Hurns, Deonte Thompson, Cameron Fleming-OT, Marcus Martin-interior olineman, Joe Thomas-backup linebacker. They have to resign DLaw at some point, he’s been tagged for I believe 17 million and the other big one will be Zach Martin, there’s no way they are letting him get away.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm Does this give the Cowboys some cap to work with for more free agency moves? Or does this simply get them out of a cap crisis?
Some great ideas here. Decker and Maclin could make sense, but I love the idea of getting a Safety, even if it's only on a 1 year deal.