Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 am

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/a ... 1270|14187

ADP of those 3 I mentioned over past 16 months.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 am

Fantasy owners despise players who burn them so Dez has been buried on this board. I wasn't around for the Randy Moss days but Jacob Rickrode made an excellent point on twitter yesterday about how he was written off after a tough 3 year stretch at 27-28-29, then peaked in New England at age 30. I think Dez will bounce back and have a nice finish to his career before he fades away for good. Always bet on great players.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:55 am

Jason3123 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 am Fantasy owners despise players who burn them so Dez has been buried on this board. I wasn't around for the Randy Moss days but Jacob Rickrode made an excellent point on twitter yesterday about how he was written off after a tough 3 year stretch at 27-28-29, then peaked in New England at age 30. I think Dez will bounce back and have a nice finish to his career before he fades away for good. Always bet on great players.
Excellent point. :thumbup:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 am Why do Hilton and Jeffery get passes but Bryant doesnt - when they are all similar in age and had similar production in 2017?
Because Dez's production concerns run back across 3 seasons. Not so with the others (or with DT). I mentioned earlier that I'd like this thread not to turn into another "who's to blame" thread. Once Dez finally signs, I'm interested to see the reactions here and then ultimately the results after the 2018 season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:03 am

Its because fantasy owners want to believe Dak is a top QB. He is good but he still has things he can do better and I don't think he played as well last year as his rookie year. Also Dez did lead the league in drops last year and fantasy owners care about that for some reason.

I will take the opportunity to buy cheap where people are down on him
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 am

Dez Bryant still can be a factor in fantasy. Its more an emotional connection with his new coach and team. DEZ desires to be valued and be a key cog in his team. Dallas moved away from him to the Dak and Zeke show.
This guy still can go up and catch with physicality.

Now is an opportunity to buy. However, buyer beware of new team and their ability to engage such an emotional player that needs special attention.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:28 am

Dez has a very good chance of producing at a high level. The production will definitely depend on situation, though.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am

skip wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 am Why do Hilton and Jeffery get passes but Bryant doesnt - when they are all similar in age and had similar production in 2017?
Because Dez's production concerns run back across 3 seasons. Not so with the others (or with DT). I mentioned earlier that I'd like this thread not to turn into another "who's to blame" thread. Once Dez finally signs, I'm interested to see the reactions here and then ultimately the results after the 2018 season.
Except that is not the case with Alshon Jeffery - who hasnt had a 1000 yard season since 2014 - the exact same year as Bryant. Nor had he played a full 16 game season until 2017 - like Bryant - since 2014.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:53 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm Does this give the Cowboys some cap to work with for more free agency moves? Or does this simply get them out of a cap crisis?
If they now have some additional cap to work with, who’s out there for them to bring in for a look? Maybe they consider Demarco as a decent backup/breather/pass catching option? Adrian Peterson just to put a star on him? Eric Decker working some short routes for their short route QB? Seems to be a few safeties unsigned...the NFL apparently has plenty of safeties.
Reading between the lines, it seems Seattle is open to moving Earl Thomas as they head into a rebuilding phase. The cap relief from cutting Dez could make it possible for the teams to strike a deal. The Hawks need draft picks, and Thomas was apparently over in Dallas' locker room after the game last season saying something to the effect of, "Y'all come get me!". 50%-%0% something happens...
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:56 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am
skip wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 am
Except that is not the case with Alshon Jeffery - who hasnt had a 1000 yard season since 2014 - the exact same year as Bryant. Nor had he played a full 16 game season until 2017 - like Bryant - since 2014.
True, but I wouldn't have put Jeffery in this conversation. I don't think the comparisons can be made with either DT or Hilton. Ultimately I think it comes down to ownership perception. The presumption in the dynasty community has been that Dez has always been the better player than the rest and I think you'll notice there are two polarizing positions with him. There are plenty who ARE giving Dez a complete pass on the last 3 seasons and think he's still got major upside. While Hilton and DT have been better than Dez you don't see the same kind of polarizing thought process. DT has been beaten down in a huge way on this forum that almost no one believes in him any more and he's not given a pass.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:01 am

Fair point indeed.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 am

Cards, Ravens, Bills & Packers showing interest reportedly.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 am Cards, Ravens, Bills & Packers showing interest reportedly.
I've seen a few people mention the Cardinals and being a good fit. I find that intriguing because any time DJ gets mentioned it seems the departure of Carson Palmer and addition of Bradford is seen as a big concern.

I'm not feeling it for the Packers. Why release Jordy only to bring in Dez?

As to the Bills and Ravens, they are two teams that I don't see as an upgrade for WR production.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 pm

maxhyde wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 am GB would be a dream destination with an accurate QB. No idea if the interest would be mutual but interesting possibility. RZ offense would be a tough one to stop with Dez/Jimmy to go along with Cobb/Adams

Anyway I think the Cowboys made a big mistake
I think your post makes a lot of sense. The Packers would be a great landing spot. I think the Texans make a lot of sense but I’ve only seen a few people mention it so far. Rodgers is so good though, I think Dez would feast in the red zone.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Also, re: Alshon/Dez; fantasy owners weren't spending a top 5 pick on Alshon like they were Dez in 2015.