Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Cowboys have officially parted ways with Dez Bryant

Postby mullmania » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

Just a reminder for those saying that Dallas did ok without Dez doing much in 2016.

He went 9-132-2 in that playoff lose to GB.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I think this signals a change in philosophy regarding WR1 in the NFL ... versatility is becoming more important than one dominant target.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm

The eagles will love to see that Dez is gone. Their secondary is their weak point. The front seven is stout to say the least. Regardless of how good the cowboys o line is or how much they revamp it, they will not be good enough to run on the eagles front seven.

And this is from a cowboys fan.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:19 pm I think this signals a change in philosophy regarding WR1 in the NFL ... versatility is becoming more important than one dominant target.
I believe the true WR 1 is shifting somewhat away from the bigger bodied guys like Dez, Julio, ect. The 'classic' WR 1.

Guys like KA, Thielan, ect who are a bit smaller and able to get in and out of breaks easier are more what todays WR of the NFL is.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm The eagles will love to see that Dez is gone. Their secondary is their weak point. The front seven is stout to say the least. Regardless of how good the cowboys o line is or how much they revamp it, they will not be good enough to run on the eagles front seven.

They definitely have a strong front seven, I agree on that. I’m just thinking that the Cowboys might go to more of a short passing game curtailed more to Dak, that’s what I would do because I don’t think Dak has a good deep ball. I think they need to run more screens to Zeke too. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, like JFever said, they don’t have much room for mistakes with this draft, we need some strong contributors right off the bat.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm The eagles will love to see that Dez is gone. Their secondary is their weak point. The front seven is stout to say the least. Regardless of how good the cowboys o line is or how much they revamp it, they will not be good enough to run on the eagles front seven.

They definitely have a strong front seven, I agree on that. I’m just thinking that the Cowboys might go to more of a short passing game curtailed more to Dak, that’s what I would do because I don’t think Dak has a good deep ball. I think they need to run more screens to Zeke too. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, like JFever said, they don’t have much room for mistakes with this draft, we need some strong contributors right off the bat.
Isn't that what they've been doing...? :eh:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm

My understanding is no. They've been going with a traditional offense, where they have a big body short range target on one side and a downfield attacker on the other. No motion, no movement, WRs sticking to their sides. Makes pre-game scheming easy, and no need to make half time adjustments.

If Dak doesn't like to throw 50% balls, or have a strong deep ball, helps put the "we need to build a Dak-centric offense" comments by the team into perspective. Add WR screens, bunches, motion, crossing routes all over, all to feature the short/intermediate game. Not certain they can rebuild the offense on the fly like New England has repeatedly done.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm They definitely have a strong front seven, I agree on that. I’m just thinking that the Cowboys might go to more of a short passing game curtailed more to Dak, that’s what I would do because I don’t think Dak has a good deep ball. I think they need to run more screens to Zeke too. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, like JFever said, they don’t have much room for mistakes with this draft, we need some strong contributors right off the bat.
My understanding is no. They've been going with a traditional offense, where they have a big body short range target on one side and a downfield attacker on the other. No motion, no movement, WRs sticking to their sides. Makes pre-game scheming easy, and no need to make half time adjustments.

If Dak doesn't like to throw 50% balls, or have a strong deep ball, helps put the "we need to build a Dak-centric offense" comments by the team into perspective. Add WR screens, bunches, motion, crossing routes all over, all to feature the short/intermediate game. Not certain they can rebuild the offense on the fly like New England has repeatedly done.
This^^^^^^^ I don’t know if it will work but this is what I’m talking about.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:54 pm

I could see Moore thriving in Dallas.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:54 pm I could see Moore thriving in Dallas.
I’m thinking now it will be Sutton or Moore, of course, depending on who is on the board. Initially, I was hoping for Vita Vea, who probably won’t be there or Roquan Smith, if he falls, then maybe go WR in the 2nd round but after releasing Dez, I think they go WR in the first.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:43 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:54 pm I could see Moore thriving in Dallas.
I’m thinking now it will be Sutton or Moore, of course, depending on who is on the board. Initially, I was hoping for Vita Vea, who probably won’t be there or Roquan Smith, if he falls, then maybe go WR in the 2nd round but after releasing Dez, I think they go WR in the first.
I am praying we don't take Sutton. He is basically a Dez clone, not the type of WR we need to replace him with. I really want Moore, but I think Ridley would be good for Dak as well. I'd also be fine with Vea if he is there, or if by some miracle Derwin James falls. If they do go defense I think we are playing with fire, and would hope to somehow get Kirk or Washington in the 2nd.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

BMarsh as a Giant is no mas...let the Dez to NYG rumors gain traction

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Generic Username wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am BMarsh as a Giant is no mas...let the Dez to NYG rumors gain traction
Apparently earlier in the week he had said that there was no room in NY for Dez. :nono:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm

I thought the BMarsh cut was inevitable - is it really that much of a surprise?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Dez reportedly turned down a multi-year offer from Baltimore and wants a one year prove-it deal.