DLF Branded Dynasty Leagues

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DLF Branded Dynasty Leagues

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:39 am

I had a league fold this past year and just filled it with another a couple weeks ago. I would have definitely joined one of these if not for that.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:51 am

dlf_scottf wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am It's not a huge deal, but I'm curious as to why INTs are -4 pts? I haven't played in any leagues where INTs are more than -2 pts.
Helps separate good and bad quarterbacks a bit more. It's especially helpful in giving better quarterbacks a little more trade value.
Ha! the good ol' Scott Fish scoring tweak! You just can't help yourself :lol:

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:52 am

MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:51 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am It's not a huge deal, but I'm curious as to why INTs are -4 pts? I haven't played in any leagues where INTs are more than -2 pts.
Helps separate good and bad quarterbacks a bit more. It's especially helpful in giving better quarterbacks a little more trade value.
Haha, yeah... needed to make these as mass appeal as possible... but you know I couldn't resist one little tweak :)

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am

dlf_scottf wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:52 am
MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:51 am

Haha, yeah... needed to make these as mass appeal as possible... but you know I couldn't resist one little tweak :)
With passing TD's at 6pts it makes a ton of sense to me
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Riffraff
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Riffraff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 pm

For those that it matters / like to keep most of the pot for the players (since it's not plainly stated):
House appears to keep roughly 11% to 15% of the $$$ per league per year.

Interesting rules and looks fun for a canned set-up.

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:41 am

Riffraff wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 pm For those that it matters / like to keep most of the pot for the players (since it's not plainly stated):
House appears to keep roughly 11% to 15% of the $$$ per league per year.

Interesting rules and looks fun for a canned set-up.
Yep!

The rake is:

$30 - 15.28%
$55 - 14.39%
$110 - 14.02%
$225 - 12.04%
$350 - 10.71%

That covers the MFL cost and then overhead, profit, etc. It definitely isn't like a group of friends getting together and running it yourselves for sure. I will say that I'm fairly positive these are the best rates out their for commissioned dynasty leagues though. :)

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:09 am

I prefer running my own leagues because I'm a 'themed league' kind of guy. Plus I like monies going out entirely to the winners, but this is a great idea for DLF and those who choose to participate. I was wondering when DLF would get into leagues, so congrats, and best of luck!!!

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 am

It's something we've considered for a long time but we also believe in being VERY focused on what we do well. That is why we haven't quickly expanded to other formats, sports, etc. If we want to be the best for all of you, with the most impact, we need to focus on doing, as Curly from City Slickers would say, "One Thing". We see this partnerships as a perfect opportunity to extend the reach of our Dynasty focus to an area that we know many would benefit from ... independently commissioned and managed leagues which takes the 'risk' out of it when players have to join leagues as complete strangers.

I, too, like to play with a lot of the same coaches that I know I can trust to be competitive, objective, and most of all, good sports ..... but there's also something about the growth in skill when you play against others and are forced to learn new strategies and adapt.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 am

This really came at a perfect time for me. I commish another dynasty that I've put a lot of work into and have wanted to get into a superflex league but didn't want to have to commish it myself or deal with having to find replacement people if anyone leaves. So putting this in the hands of someone else is exactly what I was looking for.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 am

Is there the opportunity for the pot in a league to increase in the future? I'd like to join a Superflex, so would likely go Basic to start but say after a year or two can the league members agree to raise the yearly buy in? Or would we just have to bow out of that league and join another.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am

psu007 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 am Is there the opportunity for the pot in a league to increase in the future? I'd like to join a Superflex, so would likely go Basic to start but say after a year or two can the league members agree to raise the yearly buy in? Or would we just have to bow out of that league and join another.
That would definitely take the whole league to agree on a buy-in increase. I mean 12/12 owners. Definitely willing to do it if the league wants, for sure.

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am

myndflyte wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 am This really came at a perfect time for me. I commish another dynasty that I've put a lot of work into and have wanted to get into a superflex league but didn't want to have to commish it myself or deal with having to find replacement people if anyone leaves. So putting this in the hands of someone else is exactly what I was looking for.
That's awesome! Yeah, you don't have to worry about any of that in these. :)

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Did not see in the rules but are rookies going to be part of the start up draft or there a separate rookie draft after the start up?
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm

HEADBANGER wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm Did not see in the rules but are rookies going to be part of the start up draft or there a separate rookie draft after the start up?
If the league agrees to draft ASAP, then you will have a rookie draft after the NFL draft. I just joined one and we voted to have our startup after the NFL draft, because a lot of our owners wanted to know the landing spots of the rookies. So our draft is going to be April 30th. So it basically depends on the owners of the league you are in. Good luck.

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm
HEADBANGER wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm Did not see in the rules but are rookies going to be part of the start up draft or there a separate rookie draft after the start up?
If the league agrees to draft ASAP, then you will have a rookie draft after the NFL draft. I just joined one and we voted to have our startup after the NFL draft, because a lot of our owners wanted to know the landing spots of the rookies. So our draft is going to be April 30th. So it basically depends on the owners of the league you are in. Good luck.
I will say we have hit the point where all drafts moving forward will be held after the NFL draft. I don't want anyone using the clock during the NFL draft to their advantage. Those startups will all have rookies included.