smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:45 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:34 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:26 pm

agreed and we shouldn't be teaching people to buy a bust when their are better options to take a shot on
And the beauty of that is that is your opinion not fact. So when there is a difference of opinion it's okay to disagree, but you must know that you don't know everything.
and that's an opinion that I don't know everything ;)
I can already see progress
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:34 pm

And the beauty of that is that is your opinion not fact. So when there is a difference of opinion it's okay to disagree, but you must know that you don't know everything.
10 min left of work and you made me laugh, I like you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

10 min left of work and you made me laugh, I like you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
haha glad I could do that.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Referred here by the popcorn thread. Not disappointed. Joeya’s barely coherent point seems to be that the only reason to people are suggesting we buy Treadwell is draft pedigree.

My question for Joeya is why do you need MORE than that for somebody with an ADP in the 17th round? His draft pedigree means that any success that he does have will be valued more heavily, so he’s a better lottery ticket than the other guys in that area.

Look around his ADP. If Cole Beasley goes for 60 catches 900 yards, and 6 TDs, maybe he goes in the 9th or 10th round of startup next year. But I’d Treadwell does something like that? He’s going to SURGE in value ala Sidney Rice because of his pedigree and his name recognition.

The point isn’t that his draft pedigree makes him good, the point is that his draft pedigree makes him much more valuable as an asset if he has a better than expected season.

Last thing- stop being so terrible to everybody. You’re acting like a goddamn toddler.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:53 am Remember all these guys are telling you to buy a bust not because he's any good, but because he once was believed to be good.
Not because he has shown us he can play in the NFL, but because he use to be a 1st round talent.

They base their facts on belief, not on what is actually going on!!!
After catching up on this thread and the discussion, I guess I'd say to joeya2001 that's it's my opinion that giving up on a 23-year-old former 1st round selection because his first two years in the league have been a train wreck could be either prescient, or premature.

Those advocating for Treadwell aren't doing so because he's shown to be an NFL level talent. They're doing so because they believe there is a potential payout greater than his current price. You can call him a penny stock if you like, or use whatever analogy you prefer, but the fact remains that he's especially young for an NFL player with two-years of experience. Should things "click" for him, you gain value for next to nothing. If he doesn't, you cut bait and lose virtually nothing. Very little risk, potentially a substantial reward.

If we always wait until a player is proven, then the price to acquire said player has already risen before we as owners can buy in. Successful dynasty owners are usually the ones who can identify trends, or possible breakout players before they do so, or become common knowledge to the dynasty community.

I get that you don't like Treadwell and think he's a waste of space. A roster-clogger. I'm not really a huge fan myself. But even so, I can see that buying him at his current price (or possibly adding him from the wire) isn't a terrible idea if you've got enough space on the bench to take a shot. Pretending we know how the remainder of his career will play out is a little foolish.

Otherwise, please let me borrow your crystal ball for a couple of days so I can plan my August draft board. That would be a huge help.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:24 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:53 pm Referred here by the popcorn thread. Not disappointed. Joeya’s barely coherent point seems to be that the only reason to people are suggesting we buy Treadwell is draft pedigree.

My question for Joeya is why do you need MORE than that for somebody with an ADP in the 17th round? His draft pedigree means that any success that he does have will be valued more heavily, so he’s a better lottery ticket than the other guys in that area.

Look around his ADP. If Cole Beasley goes for 60 catches 900 yards, and 6 TDs, maybe he goes in the 9th or 10th round of startup next year. But I’d Treadwell does something like that? He’s going to SURGE in value ala Sidney Rice because of his pedigree and his name recognition.

The point isn’t that his draft pedigree makes him good, the point is that his draft pedigree makes him much more valuable as an asset if he has a better than expected season.

Last thing- stop being so terrible to everybody. You’re acting like a goddamn toddler.
my reason why is it that all these years you all have in FF the best reason to buy someone is he was once precieved as good.

Seems like a lazy reason/argument to me if most of you been playing dynasty 5+ years and thats the best and only reason.

If I were a noob and that's the only reason, I'd be very reluctant on thinking he has any shot of being good.

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:53 am Remember all these guys are telling you to buy a bust not because he's any good, but because he once was believed to be good.
Not because he has shown us he can play in the NFL, but because he use to be a 1st round talent.

After catching up on this thread and the discussion, I guess I'd say to joeya2001 that's it's my opinion that giving up on a 23-year-old former 1st round selection because his first two years in the league have been a train wreck could be either prescient, or premature.

Those advocating for Treadwell aren't doing so because he's shown to be an NFL level talent. They're doing so because they believe there is a potential payout greater than his current price. You can call him a penny stock if you like, or use whatever analogy you prefer, but the fact remains that he's especially young for an NFL player with two-years of experience. Should things "click" for him, you gain value for next to nothing. If he doesn't, you cut bait and lose virtually nothing. Very little risk, potentially a substantial reward.

If we always wait until a player is proven, then the price to acquire said player has already risen before we as owners can buy in. Successful dynasty owners are usually the ones who can identify trends, or possible breakout players before they do so, or become common knowledge to the dynasty community.

I get that you don't like Treadwell and think he's a waste of space. A roster-clogger. I'm not really a huge fan myself. But even so, I can see that buying him at his current price (or possibly adding him from the wire) isn't a terrible idea if you've got enough space on the bench to take a shot. Pretending we know how the remainder of his career will play out is a little foolish.

Otherwise, please let me borrow your crystal ball for a couple of days so I can plan my August draft board. That would be a huge help.
ok, but where is this belief coming from? if your telling me if you and everyone believe hard enough it will come true, then I'm playing the game all wrong....

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm ok, but where is this belief coming from? if your telling me if you and everyone believe hard enough it will come true, then I'm playing the game all wrong....
The hope/belief is coming from the fact that even though some thought Treadwell was over-drafted a bit, many analysts and scouts who evaluate talent for a living were sold on Treadwell as a bona-fide NFL calibre player prior to the draft. The fact that his career has not yet taken off does not mean it never will after two seasons. Just that it hasn't happened yet.

And he may indeed end up being a total and complete bust. That's a reasonable outcome as well.

But as one who apparently works in the financial field is well aware. "Past performance does not guarantee future results." That's a neat little disclaimer often heard at the end of investment opportunity advertising to let people know, "We do this for a living, but hey, even we make mistakes sometimes too!"

The future is uncertain. That's all I'm saying.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:50 pm

pierson242 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 am Treadwell is 80, Dorsett again went unranked.
Didn't say otherwise.

Although you did it wrong -- Treadwell is WR91 if you deselect the experts that haven't updated since the draft. And if you leave the selected experts at default (i.e. only those rankings updated since 6/26), Treadwell is left off the board.

Regardless, y'all do realize the difference between WR90 and WR120+ is basically irrelevant, right? It's like judging between a pocket full of lint and another pocket full of lint and a penny. Neither will buy you anything.
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:57 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pmTreadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
I'd rather have Dorsett to be honest. He has the same NFL draft capital, and there's a small chance that he'll play the deep threat role in NE with Cooks gone. Even if Treadwell climbs the depth chart, he's still the no. 5 target behind Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, and Cook.
I'd rather have neither, which is kind of my point. One can probably do something better with the bench spot.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm ok, but where is this belief coming from? if your telling me if you and everyone believe hard enough it will come true, then I'm playing the game all wrong....
The hope/belief is coming from the fact that even though some thought Treadwell was over-drafted a bit, many analysts and scouts who evaluate talent for a living were sold on Treadwell as a bona-fide NFL calibre player prior to the draft. The fact that his career has not yet taken off does not mean it never will after two seasons. Just that it hasn't happened yet.

And he may indeed end up being a total and complete bust. That's a reasonable outcome as well.

But as one who apparently works in the financial field is well aware. "Past performance does not guarantee future results." That's a neat little disclaimer often heard at the end of investment opportunity advertising to let people know, "We do this for a living, but hey, even we make mistakes sometimes too!"

The future is uncertain. That's all I'm saying.
yes and no about future are uncertain, I'm sure you have heard of a saying those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it.

Haven't we not learned from 1st round busts?
hes following th correct path to earning the name "biggest bust in franchise history"

He doesnt have a clear path to even playing, he still needs to beat out Wright to even sniff the field, and then hope for an injury to be 4/5 for any target share.

In finances when we see trends we follow then.

Treadwells trend is pointing down with no hope of ever reaching relevance.

I now understand I cant convince the masses a large portion of you live by past hype and are trying to catch lighting in a bottle when their isint even a spark to be had.

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:27 pm

I think a better finance analogy is a stock at the IPO stage. At the beginning, it's valued at X, but over the next day and two, it's value drops hard to 10% of X. As an investor, you debate whether to buy. We're at that point with Treadwell now.

Or, we can compare him to the lint in my belly button, which is undoubtedly more valuable than the lint in my pocket.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

ok, but where is this belief coming from? if your telling me if you and everyone believe hard enough it will come true, then I'm playing the game all wrong....
Too tired to go back to our earlier back and forth where you beat the fact stick, yet laid out none. Fact is Treadwells skill set was compared to Hopkins pre nfl draft by many scouts. Fact is he is still younger than many rookies, including Calvin Ridley yet has two years experience in the NFL. Fact is he has been running with the first team in OTAs. Fact is he cost next nothing, you mentioned a lot of garbage talent before, it you know what? Tread is Cherokee than all those guys, or the same price. I have no idea what your problem is and yeah, you sound like a noob.
Last edited by thebeast on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Too tired to go back to our earlier back and forth where you beat the fact stick, yet laid out none. Fact is Treadwells skill set was compared to Hopkins pre nfl draft by many scouts. Fact is he is younger than Calvin Ridley yet has two years experience in the NFL. Fact is he has been running with the first team in OTAs. Fact is he cost nothing, you mentioned a lot of garbage talent before, it you know what? Tread is Cherokee than all those guys, or the same price. I have no idea what your problem is and yeah, you sound like a noob.
I remember Tim Tebow being great too, and yet here we are, you can give advice on telling ppl to buy Treadwell find..well revisit this thread in 2 years and I'll bet 100$ he will be nothing.

but I'm sure you will be the type and say he cost nothing and lost nothing.

yet you could of bought something of better value and had something.

enjoy defending an bust...

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:27 pm I think a better finance analogy is a stock at the IPO stage. At the beginning, it's valued at X, but over the next day and two, it's value drops hard to 10% of X. As an investor, you debate whether to buy. We're at that point with Treadwell now.

Or, we can compare him to the lint in my belly button, which is undoubtedly more valuable than the lint in my pocket.
I'd say pocket lint has more value becuae things had to go in an out.

where bellybutton lint things just go in to accumulate, nothing coming out unless you take out.

action was happening in the pocket action was not happening in the belly ;)

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:06 pm

I don’t agree with the evaluations he has here, as I think even Treqdwell’s “highlights” look sloppy, but for those of you who like Waldman...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014 ... 13408.html