Why you should buy Treadwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby purplepride28 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:10 pm

https://www.vikings.com/video/training- ... 94578879=1
Looked like cousins was hooking up with Treadwell often and in the red zone. But it is just practice.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:14 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:03 pm
trc wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:42 am The likelyhood of hitting with a 3rd round pick is next to nothing
It's really not. Most classes, there's rough gems in the 3rd round of 12-team leagues. Say, three or four players out of the twelve selections turn out to be desirable assets for at least some interval of time. That's, what, 25-35% odds? A lot better than 'next to nothing'.

I got several guys on my board this year going in the 3rd-4th range in ADP that I'd rather have rostered than Treadwell.
Define 'some interval of time'.
Because if it's 1-year-wonder, then agreed you can have like 3 or 4 that hit 1 year. But steady dynasty relevance is rare in 3rd round.

But Treadwell is not about 1-year-wonder. It's about multiple years of relevance.

If you soured on him, fair enough.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:03 am

Diggs with the 5-year extension... RIP to any dream of Treadwell being fantasy relevant on the Vikings. Any Treadwell truthers at this point should just be praying for a trade in the near future.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 am

But he's such a great buy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am

I've just sent out more offers to acquire extra Treadwell shares based on this news. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am I've just sent out more offers to acquire extra Treadwell shares based on this news. :)
What are your realistic expectations for Treadwell that you're buying him? are you expecting him to turn into the WR1 ahead of Diggs and Thielen? the WR2 ahead of Thielen? or a WR3 and just expect the Vikings to support 3 fantasy relevant WRs?
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:10 am

He's no better than 5th for targets

Diggs
Thielen
Cook
Rudolph

Are all ahead of him
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm
After catching up on this thread and the discussion, I guess I'd say to joeya2001 that's it's my opinion that giving up on a 23-year-old former 1st round selection because his first two years in the league have been a train wreck could be either prescient, or premature.

Those advocating for Treadwell aren't doing so because he's shown to be an NFL level talent. They're doing so because they believe there is a potential payout greater than his current price. You can call him a penny stock if you like, or use whatever analogy you prefer, but the fact remains that he's especially young for an NFL player with two-years of experience. Should things "click" for him, you gain value for next to nothing. If he doesn't, you cut bait and lose virtually nothing. Very little risk, potentially a substantial reward.

If we always wait until a player is proven, then the price to acquire said player has already risen before we as owners can buy in. Successful dynasty owners are usually the ones who can identify trends, or possible breakout players before they do so, or become common knowledge to the dynasty community.

I get that you don't like Treadwell and think he's a waste of space. A roster-clogger. I'm not really a huge fan myself. But even so, I can see that buying him at his current price (or possibly adding him from the wire) isn't a terrible idea if you've got enough space on the bench to take a shot. Pretending we know how the remainder of his career will play out is a little foolish.

Otherwise, please let me borrow your crystal ball for a couple of days so I can plan my August draft board. That would be a huge help.
ok, but where is this belief coming from? if your telling me if you and everyone believe hard enough it will come true, then I'm playing the game all wrong....
Too tired to go back to our earlier back and forth where you beat the fact stick, yet laid out none. Fact is Treadwells skill set was compared to Hopkins pre nfl draft by many scouts. Fact is he is still younger than many rookies, including Calvin Ridley yet has two years experience in the NFL. Fact is he has been running with the first team in OTAs. Fact is he cost next nothing, you mentioned a lot of garbage talent before, it you know what? Tread is Cherokee than all those guys, or the same price. I have no idea what your problem is and yeah, you sound like a noob.

I want all the people raving about buying Treadwell to come out please!!!

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:07 am

I'd still buy him. He's still cheap, and Cousins usually spreads the ball around, historically supporting 3 WRs, 1 TE, and an pass catching RB.

It's unlikely he'll get a 5th yr option, so he'll become a FA in 2020 at the age of 25. IF he can have a decent showing as the Vikes 3rd WR, OR if Diggs doesn't stay healthy (would this really be a surprise...) he can likely put up enough production to have some teams interested, and elevate his trade value.

At least he's been looking good in camp so far...

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-observat ... d-zone-tds
1. Cousins finds Treadwell for 6 (x4)

Quarterback Kirk Cousins was on the money Monday in the red zone, and his favorite target of this practice was wide receiver Laquon Treadwell.

Cousins and Treadwell connected for four touchdowns during a 7-on-7 session inside the 20-yard line, with the quarterback tossing six touchdowns overall in the drill, although the Vikings defense might argue they could have kept the wide receiver out of the end zone on his first score.

Cousins first hit wide receiver Stefon Diggs for a 12-yard score before finding Treadwell in the end zone from 10 yards out.

Tight end Kyle Rudolph then caught a score before Treadwell made his best catch of the day, a leaping grab in the back left corner of the end zone with Xavier Rhodes draped on him. Treadwell then finished off the drill with another score.

Maybe an Agholor esk breakout isn't that far away? It's not like 750 yards - 7 TDs is some record breaking season.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:22 am

Treadwell truther here. I bought last season for a 2020 2nd. Time factor is like a late 3rd for me. I like what I'm hearing from Vikings camp and have a feeling that Treadwell may have a mini-breakout this year.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:07 am
https://www.vikings.com/news/3-observat ... d-zone-tds
1. Cousins finds Treadwell for 6 (x4)
Overheard in Vikings locker room after practice:

“He got me,” Xavier Rhodes said of Treadwell's TD over him. "That f***ing Treadwell boomed me."

Rhodes added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.

Rhodes then said he wanted to add Treadwell to the list of players he works out with this summer.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Well, Diggs is now signed for the next five years with 40 million guaranteed, so the OP's premise for this thread has been torpedoed. So it goes.

Unsurprised Minny committed to Diggs, and didn't even wait to see him play this season. His tape shows top 10 talent. Teams don't let that leave at age 24.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:04 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm Well, Diggs is now signed for the next five years with 40 million guaranteed, so the OP's premise for this thread has been torpedoed. So it goes.

Unsurprised Minny committed to Diggs, and didn't even wait to see him play this season. His tape shows top 10 talent. Teams don't let that leave at age 24.
..........boom!

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:30 pm

I still think Treadwell is a good buy. His price may have even gone down (if possible) with the re-signing of Diggs. I think he honestly is an even better buy now when you factor in price (but I was never expecting him to emerge in Minny).

Cousins is notorious for spreading the ball around and it may give Tread the opportunity to flash briefly while not being startable for fantasy it may provide him with an opportunity to sign elsewhere. Hitting UFA before he turns 25, that is as much as you can ask for. As I said earlier, if you buy Tread you need to have the patience to stash him a few years or do not bother.

EDIT: Just noticed Johnny said basically the same thing. lol

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:41 pm

I can't bet on Cousins feeding Diggs AND Thielen AND Rudolph AND Treadwell, or whoever the WR3 ends up being. He's a good QB. I don't think he's that good.

I can't agree Treadwell is any sort of buy now. He's got two more years on his rookie contract before even the club option year comes up. If there's a major injury to Diggs or Thielen, then I pay attention.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE