Why you should buy Treadwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby gausec » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm

I know, I know... how many times are you gonna see this guy posted in buy low threads etc. But there is some truth to this. First lets not forget there was a time he was considered over Zeke (Mike Clay looking at you). So he obviously has the pedigree, and talent.

He's still young, going on to 23, that's younger than some NFL prospects.

But here's the main reason, when the vikings signed Kirk Cousins, they effectively shut the door on some extensions. Barr, Kendricks, and Hunter all will be free agents next year. BUT SO will Diggs! Thielen has a 27 million dollar contract, Rudolph is set to make 5-6 million over the next couple of seasons. The logical answer is sign the defensive guys over Diggs! You just can't commit that much money to WRs. Especially to the expense of Mike Zimmer a defensive minded coach.

I think those reasons alone warrant a dart throw, obviosuly all leagues are different. So in smaller leagues I am not advocating for trading for him, but when you have a bigger bench or lower roster fodder why not take a chance on the upside. Treadwell will be thrust in a starting roll sooner than you think. :dance:
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Sure - if you can get him dirt cheap; he's worth as much of a flier as anyone else for a 4th.
Unfortunately for me, there's not a single player on my roster I would drop for Treadwell - even if he were on Waivers, let alone trade for him.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:34 pm

gausec wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm First lets not forget there was a time he was considered over Zeke (Mike Clay looking at you). So he obviously has the pedigree, and talent.
The existence of outlier opinions isn't by itself an argument for credibility.

Treadwell as a prospect was draped in red flags from square one. Other than a pretty good breakout age (which is dubious in and of itself, read on), practically nothing about him objectively supported him as an elite talent. Mediocre dominator rating. Just the one 1k yard season in college in three seasons played, and it was pretty mundane by 'good' collegiate WR season standards. One of his years he averaged a pitiful 8.4 yards per reception on 72 catches (this is the season that qualified his supposedly good breakout age). And of course his terrible workout metrics are well known.

Treadwell was only a (bottom) round 1 pick in his class because he was the only decent relatively tall WR prospect in a very weak draft class. If he had come out with the other talent available in '15 or '17, he'd have been a late Day 2 pick at best. He's a slow, wins-at-the-catch-point type WR who doesn't actually have an exceptional catch-radius, and doesn't compensate for his sub-par athleticism with good route-craft. All this was as evident about him coming out of Ole Miss two years ago as it is now.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm

You wrote multiple paragraphs on Treadwell. That's enough to tell me there's more of a market for him than I thought.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Can you get a tax write off for buying him? Charitable contribution or something along those lines?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:54 pm

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/laquon-treadwell/

His extremely weak athletic metrics are beyond alarming, but what is more telling, is his below average dominator rating and YPC. He wasn't even making downfield plays in college. His lack of athleticism doesn't allow him to separate, and he can't bully corners the way he did in college. I was wrong on Treadwell coming out. I chose to ignore the obvious signs of a player not being able to translate well to the next level, because I was stubborn enough to stick to my opinion despite a ton of new information that could have (and should have) changed it. What Cousins contract does to the ability of extensions is irrelevant, because Treadwell will never be a main receiving option in Minnesota. They will bring in more through FA or the draft. He just isn't good enough, and it's not even about work ethic. He just isn't athletic enough to win the way he didi in college, stepping up to a higher level of competition. I would not even pay a 3rd for him at this point. Treadwell is the roster fodder and lower upside you speak of. His draft stock means absolutely nothing at this point, it is irrelevant to his ability to succeed or fail. Diggs was a 5th round pick, that means nothing at this point either.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:05 pm

I picked him up on waivers, after I traded him to a guy for a 2nd rounder a few months ago. Feel pretty good about that
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:25 pm

He’ll get his chance to show a little more this year just because the dude absolutely pancakes corners in run blocking. But I agree they will bring someone in via draft.
Definetly not a first rounder though. Vikings don’t have
Good luck with drafting first round WRs.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm

I'm buying Treadwell because Kirk Cousins is very good at spreading the ball around. I think Treadwell has a low ceiling but a good 6-800 yard season could take him from being worth nothing to being worth a 2nd. Hoping he can be as good as Ryan Grant.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 am

No. I'm a Viking fan and have watched Treadwell for two seasons. It's not simply a lack of opportunity behind Diggs and Thielen, Treadwell simply isn't a good NFL WR. Jarius Wright outplayed him to be the Vikes WR3, and I expect Kendall Wright to do the same

He's slow, has poor routes and can't get seperation, and on top of that ugly combination has a drops problem

Also, TS owns a Treadwell share. 90% certain he started this thread to try and boost the guy's value so that he can sell him off :p
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

DrNoish wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm You wrote multiple paragraphs on Treadwell. That's enough to tell me there's more of a market for him than I thought.
:lol: :clap:
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:20 am

Id like to pick him up as a mere flier. But I dont know who I want to drop for him. I prefer the unknown in the stashes I have over the unknown that is Treadwell.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am

MUCH SEE FILM FOR ANYONE TRYING TO DECIDE ABOUT TREADWELL

Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 am

They should have added a slide with "Y'ALL" at the end - would have extended the highlight video to 20 seconds.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:17 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm Sure - if you can get him dirt cheap; he's worth as much of a flier as anyone else for a 4th.
Unfortunately for me, there's not a single player on my roster I would drop for Treadwell - even if he were on Waivers, let alone trade for him.
I'm curious how many teams and deep your rosters are? I think for the sake of clarity on how you value him this is pretty important information. I'd imagine it would be tougher to say you wouldn't have a single player to drop to stash him in a 14 teamer with 53 man rosters than you would in a 12 x 25 for example.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland