Why you should buy Treadwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am

Wright is a guy who should be on deep rosters. If Thielan or Diggs gets hurts he could be a reliable plug and play.

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

I bought him on waivers for $1 on a league late last year as a stash but he would probably be the first drop on as well.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:34 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:34 pm
gausec wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm First lets not forget there was a time he was considered over Zeke (Mike Clay looking at you). So he obviously has the pedigree, and talent.
The existence of outlier opinions isn't by itself an argument for credibility.

Treadwell as a prospect was draped in red flags from square one. Other than a pretty good breakout age (which is dubious in and of itself, read on), practically nothing about him objectively supported him as an elite talent. Mediocre dominator rating. Just the one 1k yard season in college in three seasons played, and it was pretty mundane by 'good' collegiate WR season standards. One of his years he averaged a pitiful 8.4 yards per reception on 72 catches (this is the season that qualified his supposedly good breakout age). And of course his terrible workout metrics are well known.

Treadwell was only a (bottom) round 1 pick in his class because he was the only decent relatively tall WR prospect in a very weak draft class. If he had come out with the other talent available in '15 or '17, he'd have been a late Day 2 pick at best. He's a slow, wins-at-the-catch-point type WR who doesn't actually have an exceptional catch-radius, and doesn't compensate for his sub-par athleticism with good route-craft. All this was as evident about him coming out of Ole Miss two years ago as it is now.
You can't truly state it was an outlier, his ADP was 26(!), at one point.
mullmania wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am Wright is a guy who should be on deep rosters. If Thielan or Diggs gets hurts he could be a reliable plug and play.

I think the Wright has limited upside while Treadwell has more potential.
hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 am No. I'm a Viking fan and have watched Treadwell for two seasons. It's not simply a lack of opportunity behind Diggs and Thielen, Treadwell simply isn't a good NFL WR. Jarius Wright outplayed him to be the Vikes WR3, and I expect Kendall Wright to do the same

He's slow, has poor routes and can't get seperation, and on top of that ugly combination has a drops problem

Also, TS owns a Treadwell share. 90% certain he started this thread to try and boost the guy's value so that he can sell him off :p
One I am Vikings fan as well (SKOL), but I do think Wright had more speed which was what was needed. Having Treadwell on the outside could create match-up problems, and most of all he should be in the redzone. Our new OC also has a history of using multiple WR's. And I wouldn't be mad if a league member saw this and decided to buy :whistle:
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Treadwell falls into the Kevin White, Perriman territory now, where, as long as I get him for peanuts on the dollar or FAAB, I'd take a stab.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:53 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:17 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm Sure - if you can get him dirt cheap; he's worth as much of a flier as anyone else for a 4th.
Unfortunately for me, there's not a single player on my roster I would drop for Treadwell - even if he were on Waivers, let alone trade for him.
I'm curious how many teams and deep your rosters are? I think for the sake of clarity on how you value him this is pretty important information. I'd imagine it would be tougher to say you wouldn't have a single player to drop to stash him in a 14 teamer with 53 man rosters than you would in a 12 x 25 for example.
12x30 with 3 IR slots.. No kickers, defense or IDP. So could have anywhere from 360-396 players rostered.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Servo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 pm Treadwell falls into the Kevin White, Perriman territory now, where, as long as I get him for peanuts on the dollar or FAAB, I'd take a stab.
Hmm that is a good point tbh. Which I think you could make the argument (I wouldn't) White is the best to own out of the 3? Has the best chance of playing of the 3. And at least we could say we haven't seen him play (or much).
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Best highlight film of all time! :D
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:25 pm

gausec wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 pm Hmm that is a good point tbh. Which I think you could make the argument (I wouldn't) White is the best to own out of the 3? Has the best chance of playing of the 3. And at least we could say we haven't seen him play (or much).
With Meredith signing in New Orleans, maybe, maybe this gives you a glimmer of hope for Kevin White seeing the field BUT Nagy/Helfrich have 0 ties to the guy and could easily use a draft pick on someone with as much "upside" as White offers now. Or at least, that's my thinking.

White's value could be gone within the next 3 weeks.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:33 pm

^ It's been gone for 3 years ;)

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:43 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am MUCH SEE FILM FOR ANYONE TRYING TO DECIDE ABOUT TREADWELL

LMAO...followed by random chuckling each time I think of video.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Currently available in round 17 of the startup I'm doing. Literally homeless and begging to be drafted.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:04 pm

JTLoh wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm
gausec wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm But here's the main reason, when the vikings signed Kirk Cousins, they effectively shut the door on some extensions. Barr, Kendricks, and Hunter all will be free agents next year. BUT SO will Diggs! Thielen has a 27 million dollar contract, Rudolph is set to make 5-6 million over the next couple of seasons.
Kendrick's extension is done.
They probably let Barr walk and resign Diggs.
So, Treadwell still sucks.
Was a cheaper deal than I anticpated however, wouldn't be so sure they let Barr walk. Also need to resign Hunter as well. However in other news I did manage to flip Zay Jones, Treadwell and a 2019 first for Alex Smith, Golden Tate, and Rishard Matthews. No idea if this thread brought up his value but I'd like to think it did.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm Currently available in round 17 of the startup I'm doing. Literally homeless and begging to be drafted.
"WILL CATCH FOOTBALLS FOR FOOD"
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm

As someone who touted Treadwell pre-draft, I think it's over for him. His journey is playing out in the way of Cody Latimer. Fans of Latimer insisted that the coaching staff was to blame and Latimer just needed the chance, but he never got the chance. Eventually, you figure out that he's just not that good and the Broncos made a mistake.

Even if Diggs does leave in free agency after next season, I doubt the Vikings are going to thrust Treadwell into the same role and trust him to produce. I think Minnesota has accepted that they made a mistake with Treadwell and no longer care about the sunken cost.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm

DrNoish wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm You wrote multiple paragraphs on Treadwell. That's enough to tell me there's more of a market for him than I thought.
That, or it's an attempt to create value for him in a league.