Poll: Derrick Henry or 1.05 non-PPR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Everything else in a vaccum, what asset would you rather have, right now, before the NFL draft?

Derrick Henry
65%
35%

Total votes: 66

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Poll: Derrick Henry or 1.05 non-PPR

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 pm

guyatwork37 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am I'd take that pick all day. Henry is trash and Dion Lewis got paid to have a significant role. Henry won't be doing anywhere near what people here seem to think.
I'm with this guy. Dion Lewis is a stud, Henry better hope for an injury. I can't believe he's worth even a first much less an early one.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Will bet anyone on here a DLF membership Henry has more carries than Lewis. GTFO with Lewis holding off Henry. Lewis is awesome as a "part time/COP" but he's also fragile as bleep and peaked in New England. He'll never be a full time RB and he definitely won't be as successful in Tennessee. Belichick used him up and let him go get paid.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:36 pm

titans dont want lewis to get "lead back" amount of carries imo and those who like lewis shouldnt either. he is an injury risk at all times and you want that guy to get 250 touches? give me a damn break. there is no reason these both cant be solid rb2 types with henry getting early down work and running clock and lewis being scattered in to break that up and getting 3rd down work. i'd say henry gets like 200 touches with lewis getting somewhere between 150-200 with a good portion of that being receiving work.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:42 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:36 pm titans dont want lewis to get "lead back" amount of carries imo and those who like lewis shouldnt either. he is an injury risk at all times and you want that guy to get 250 touches? give me a damn break. there is no reason these both cant be solid rb2 types with henry getting early down work and running clock and lewis being scattered in to break that up and getting 3rd down work. i'd say henry gets like 200 touches with lewis getting somewhere between 150-200 with a good portion of that being receiving work.
Yep. I think Henry gets 200 plus carries, with a few catches sprinkled in. And I do mean a few.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am

I have Henry above the 1.5 in a ppr so definitely Henry in non-ppr

Henry = 1.2 or right behind it in non-ppr. Definitely ahead of Michel and Chubb

Henry = 1.3 (or again right behind) in ppr as I can see the argument of Michel and pass catching ability over him
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

Tsunami wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 pm
guyatwork37 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am I'd take that pick all day. Henry is trash and Dion Lewis got paid to have a significant role. Henry won't be doing anywhere near what people here seem to think.
I'm with this guy. Dion Lewis is a stud, Henry better hope for an injury. I can't believe he's worth even a first much less an early one.
Lewis has one season with over 64 carries. He is not starter material, but makes for a nice complimentary player. What he got paid is the going rate for a decent vet RB, it is not an indication of how they will use him.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:35 am

PRE DRAFT I SAY hENRY PRETTY EASILY, AS IM NOT SOLD ON MUCH OF ANYONE OUTSIDE OF MY TOP 4. BUT AFTER THE DRAFT I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET THERES SOMEONE WITH SEEMINGLY JUST AS GOOD OF AN OPPORTUNITY AS hENRY AVAILABLE AT 5
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:43 pm

I put Henry closer to 1.04 than 1.03. I have to be high on him because look at my team in sig!
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Henry pretty easily for me not close

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:26 pm

The arguments are certainly not reflective of the 2 to 1 for Henry. I'd love to hear what some of those who opted for the 1.05 think about Henry's future in the NFL.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm Will bet anyone on here a DLF membership Henry has more carries than Lewis. GTFO with Lewis holding off Henry. Lewis is awesome as a "part time/COP" but he's also fragile as bleep and peaked in New England. He'll never be a full time RB and he definitely won't be as successful in Tennessee. Belichick used him up and let him go get paid.
He's only had two injuries, they were just long ones. Tearing an ACL doesn't make you fragile. He had an 1800 yard season in College.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm

For those discounting Lewis, does he even have to be the “lead back” to indicate that Henry’s usage will be low enough that a rookie with a lead back role wouldn’t have more value simply due to volume? What about Henry’s usage, production, or age makes him have more dynasty value than one of the top 4 backs in this class? He was a second round pick in his own offensively deficient draft and all 4 of this year’s top backs might be first round selections. If not they will all be picked by the end of round 2, and they’ll be younger and will probably not have a highly paid newly acquired veteran to share carries with.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:40 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm For those discounting Lewis, does he even have to be the “lead back” to indicate that Henry’s usage will be low enough that a rookie with a lead back role wouldn’t have more value simply due to volume? What about Henry’s usage, production, or age makes him have more dynasty value than one of the top 4 backs in this class? He was a second round pick in his own offensively deficient draft and all 4 of this year’s top backs might be first round selections. If not they will all be picked by the end of round 2, and they’ll be younger and will probably not have a highly paid newly acquired veteran to share carries with.
its rare now to have a workhorse back almost all teams spread the carries between 2 guys, and i think only 2 of these rookies tops warrant consideration to come in and be that kinda guy, actually it might just be barkley really. if you are counting on any of these backs to come in day 1 and be a 25 touch a game guy right off the bat, i think you are VERY mistaken. that could happen eventually sure but very much doubt any but barkley do it right away. in fact i doubt any rookie rb except barkley gets more touches than henry does
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Interesting to note in the Dynasty Value Rankings (which I believe are ppr) Henry is level with 1.05- slightest of preference going to Henry, Lewis is measured at 2.02. Roughly a quarter of Henry's value

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:35 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:40 am
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm For those discounting Lewis, does he even have to be the “lead back” to indicate that Henry’s usage will be low enough that a rookie with a lead back role wouldn’t have more value simply due to volume? What about Henry’s usage, production, or age makes him have more dynasty value than one of the top 4 backs in this class? He was a second round pick in his own offensively deficient draft and all 4 of this year’s top backs might be first round selections. If not they will all be picked by the end of round 2, and they’ll be younger and will probably not have a highly paid newly acquired veteran to share carries with.
its rare now to have a workhorse back almost all teams spread the carries between 2 guys, and i think only 2 of these rookies tops warrant consideration to come in and be that kinda guy, actually it might just be barkley really. if you are counting on any of these backs to come in day 1 and be a 25 touch a game guy right off the bat, i think you are VERY mistaken. that could happen eventually sure but very much doubt any but barkley do it right away. in fact i doubt any rookie rb except barkley gets more touches than henry does
You kind of cherry picked my analysis to get the answer you wanted, plus I don't think you can substantiate your claims about the 2018 rookies' usage. Guice will certainly be a 20 touch RB and I'd assume at least one of Chubb or Michael will be. Hunt got 25+ carries out of the gun. So did LF and Cook. Mixon was drafted into a bad situation with established veterans but took over the lead back role by year's end. What exactly makes one think that more than the top 4 backs in the right situation won't have that kind of workload? Are they that much less talented than last year's backs?

Regardless, even if they have the exact same workload as Henry they will be younger and potentially have better draft pedigree in a draft with more talent (i.e. it could be argued Tennessee reached on Henry due to lack of other talented options).

Bottom line, I'm looking for some kind of tangible evidence other than people's emotion, intuition, or more accurately assumptions on Henry based on their need to see their draft or trade investment to pay off. His backup usage YPC isn't really doing anything for anyone who knows that efficiency drops as carries increases. He has been utilized as a backup at a position that doesn't require a lot of time to develop into and his team continues to add formidable competition for carries. So what exactly about his usage, production, age gives him more dynasty value than a top rookie in this draft?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave