Camron Meredith to Saints

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Camron Meredith to Saints

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 am By " most got for free" you'd have to have large rosters to have held him without making a tough decision whether to roster him or IR slot to stash him. Many leagues do not have those options.

If you drafted him early in a dynasty last year and held him all this time he wasn't really free. (Hopefully your lg has an IR designation where you stashed him ) Our league guys like him are in the rookie pool ( Marshawn was last year ) as the rosters get frozen @ seasons end. Unless you grabbed him late off waivers if he was dropped after preseason injury put him out for the year you will have to spend a draft pick this year. Ergo, Not Free !
Why are you fixating on this whole “free” thing?
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:24 pm

As Bot said, this is a good sign whether he goes to Nawlins OR if he stays with Chicago. The Saints appear to be a better landing spot, but even if he doesn't go there that would mean that Chicago wants him and so they pay him.

In either depth chart, he has the CHANCE to assert himself as the #2 target.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:37 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:24 pm As Bot said, this is a good sign whether he goes to Nawlins OR if he stays with Chicago. The Saints appear to be a better landing spot, but even if he doesn't go there that would mean that Chicago wants him and so they pay him.

In either depth chart, he has the CHANCE to assert himself as the #2 target.
Agreed, it’s a much more positive outlook compared to even just a week ago.
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
'21 Picks- 1.12

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 am

Deadline to match is tomorrow!

Let's say the Bears don't match. Does MT's value drop a little, or do you think that this helps both of them?
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 am

Not sure it drops MT's value - the Saints do not really have a clear #2 WR and Meredith "could" become that.
The WR2 offense in the Saints offense isn't quite as productive as it once was with the focus on the run game, though.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 am

No drop in value. I believe it helps both as it may keep safeties from keying on MT every play. Plus Meredith would play on a solid offense with a great QB, even with the Saints not passing as much as previous years. The Bears situation would be a weekly boom or bust whereas I feel Meredith should easily be a WR3 assuming he wins a starting spot.
'21 Picks- 1.12

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm

I'd rather have Meredith than Allen Robinson so if he goes to the Saints it definitely hurts Trubisky in the short-term, for me. (I'm just a hater)

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Tsunami wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm I'd rather have Meredith than Allen Robinson so if he goes to the Saints it definitely hurts Trubisky in the short-term, for me. (I'm just a hater)
lol. The quality of this board just dropped.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Bears haven't matched yet, that I'm aware of. Isn't tomorrow the last day for them?
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:35 pm

If they are planning on matching, why wait this long?

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 am No drop in value. I believe it helps both as it may keep safeties from keying on MT every play. Plus Meredith would play on a solid offense with a great QB, even with the Saints not passing as much as previous years. The Bears situation would be a weekly boom or bust whereas I feel Meredith should easily be a WR3 assuming he wins a starting spot.
Yep, I agree

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:35 pm If they are planning on matching, why wait this long?
True...they are probably moving on

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 am
cazzie33 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 am By " most got for free" you'd have to have large rosters to have held him without making a tough decision whether to roster him or IR slot to stash him. Many leagues do not have those options.

If you drafted him early in a dynasty last year and held him all this time he wasn't really free. (Hopefully your lg has an IR designation where you stashed him ) Our league guys like him are in the rookie pool ( Marshawn was last year ) as the rosters get frozen @ seasons end. Unless you grabbed him late off waivers if he was dropped after preseason injury put him out for the year you will have to spend a draft pick this year. Ergo, Not Free !
Because in a lot of leagues that drafted before camp Meredith was taken in the 2nd rd or 3rd @ the worst after finishing the year strong in '16. The thought was with Alshon moving on he was a number one receiver for the Bears. If you didn't want to take a total loss you had to roster him. In 2 of the 4 leagues I played in he wasn't rostered.

Busting on a 2nd rd pick wouldn't be a freebie in my book. Tying up a roster spot to try and salvage something of the pick cost you the chance to take a flier on another guy, especially in smaller rostered leagues.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:06 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Gtdano_14 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 am

Because in a lot of leagues that drafted before camp Meredith was taken in the 2nd rd or 3rd @ the worst after finishing the year strong in '16. The thought was with Alshon moving on he was a number one receiver for the Bears. If you didn't want to take a total loss you had to roster him. In 2 of the 4 leagues I played in he wasn't rostered.

Busting on a 2nd rd pick wouldn't be a freebie in my book. Tying up a roster spot to try and salvage something of the pick cost you the chance to take a flier on another guy, especially in smaller rostered leagues.
OK. Just know that some literally got him for free. I'm one of those owners as I got him in with a couple bucks of my blind bidding dollars after his first good week. I typically don't even spend $20 throughout the course of the season in our large league and try to trade $50-$60 of it every year for a late draft pick or two.
'21 Picks- 1.12

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:56 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm I'd rather have Meredith than Allen Robinson so if he goes to the Saints it definitely hurts Trubisky in the short-term, for me. (I'm just a hater)
Woah. bold statement there..... :think: Can't wait to revisit this one. I'm curious as to how this situation will pan out. If in Chicago, I see his ceiling as being capped a bit based off of the career trajectory of Trubisky, the likelihood of an emphasis on the running game, and the thought that he'd be the likely 3rd target on most passing play progressions. If he goes to New Orleans, I think it could work out well for him (if healthy). I think Drew Brees raises CM's ceiling and we know that the Saints under Payton and Brees can support multiple targets for fantasy.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.