RoJo

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Re: RoJo

Postby brooklynkid » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:33 pm
brooklynkid wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:30 pm Ronald Jones is tough to access, I really liked his film but after doing more research on him i found out he's not much of pass catcher which is detrimental to his fantasy value. I'm skeptical on him due to his pass catching ability and his fluctuating weight. Is it possible that he was closer to 210 all along but cut down his weight to run a faster 40?
He was @208 when he ran the 40, so that is pretty close to 210. Also, he was puking from being full of water, which adds weight, so highly unlikely. His team page from this year listed him at 200, so there's that, too.
Well I meant when he tried to run the 40 the first time, at the combine and pulled his hammy. So since it's confirm he throw up water weight so Hypothetically lets say he played between 190-195 during the season. Adding and keeping 10-12 lbs shouldn't be too difficult if he does it the right way. They're too RB's that were outstanding that have the same build as Jones, Mccoy and Charles come to mind, but those guys were amazing pass catchers. McCoy came to the combine at 198 and Charles played his whole career around that weight. I think if he can play at 200-205 then he should fine but his pass catching is going to determine if he has 3 down capability.
Last edited by brooklynkid on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am

brooklynkid wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 am Well I meant when he tried to run the 40 the first time, at the combine and pulled his hammy. So since it's confirm he throw up water weight so Hypothetically lets say he played between 190-195 during the season. Adding and keeping 10-12 lbs shouldn't be too difficult if he does it the right way. They're too RB's that were outstanding that have the same build as Jones, Mccoy and Charles that come to mind, but those guys were amazing pass catchers. McCoy came to combine 198 and Charles played his whole career at that weight. I think if he can play at 200-205 then he should fine but he's pass catching is going to determine if he has 3 down capability.
I'd be a little leery of thinking this is easily accomplished.

While it's possible, not every athlete's body is capable of supporting extra muscle mass and allowing them to perform at a high level. We've seen instances where RB's add weight to "hold up to the rigors of the NFL" only to disappoint because the extra weight sapped some explosiveness. Or, playing with the extra weight/bulk put strain on tendons and ligaments that they aren't able to withstand leading to injury.

These are young men, and sometimes you don't totally fill out until you're 23-24 years old. But it's not a given every athlete can do it, and can lead to disappointment if you believe anyone can add weight and sustain performance or stave off injury. I've made this mistake in the past, but now I evaluate on what a player's frame is coming into the league. Not what I hope it can become.

Agreed that Jones is somewhat of a unique case to try and evaluate. Since what is his actual weight? It seems like nobody really knows at this point since there are wildly differing measurements out there right now.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:51 pm

If Rojo were being considered in the top 3 as he once was then all of these red flags would be a bigger concern for me. But in the mid-1st where it's looking like people are starting to consider him, everyone has some pretty big red flags and I'm a lot more willing to overlook poor testing in favor of the way he looked on the field, which was impressive.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am
brooklynkid wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 am Well I meant when he tried to run the 40 the first time, at the combine and pulled his hammy. So since it's confirm he throw up water weight so Hypothetically lets say he played between 190-195 during the season. Adding and keeping 10-12 lbs shouldn't be too difficult if he does it the right way. They're too RB's that were outstanding that have the same build as Jones, Mccoy and Charles that come to mind, but those guys were amazing pass catchers. McCoy came to combine 198 and Charles played his whole career at that weight. I think if he can play at 200-205 then he should fine but he's pass catching is going to determine if he has 3 down capability.
I'd be a little leery of thinking this is easily accomplished.

While it's possible, not every athlete's body is capable of supporting extra muscle mass and allowing them to perform at a high level. We've seen instances where RB's add weight to "hold up to the rigors of the NFL" only to disappoint because the extra weight sapped some explosiveness. Or, playing with the extra weight/bulk put strain on tendons and ligaments that they aren't able to withstand leading to injury.

These are young men, and sometimes you don't totally fill out until you're 23-24 years old. But it's not a given every athlete can do it, and can lead to disappointment if you believe anyone can add weight and sustain performance or stave off injury. I've made this mistake in the past, but now I evaluate on what a player's frame is coming into the league. Not what I hope it can become.

Agreed that Jones is somewhat of a unique case to try and evaluate. Since what is his actual weight? It seems like nobody really knows at this point since there are wildly differing measurements out there right now.
X2 ... I finally filled out at a solid 233 at 45 years old. I assume I still run a 4.5 40 but honestly I'm too tired to check.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm

^^^ well done sir
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm
X2 ... I finally filled out at a solid 233 at 45 years old. I assume I still run a 4.5 40 but honestly I'm too tired to check.
Literally laughed out loud at that one. Well done indeed!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Interesting listening to Matt Kelley today, and he is saying the laser timing in the 40 does not affect the adding of the .005 seconds on the Player Profiler status when he updates it. He goes into the reasons why, and he is saying the 4.48 pro day time is still equivalent to a 4.53 combine time. So RJ is basically Melving Gordon speed at almost 10 pounds lighter. He also basically says the 85 % thing is an excuse for a slower than expected time, as a prospect does not usually test unless they are 100 percent. I this particular case, he said running at 85 percent provided no benefit, as GM's would look at his 40 time at the combine, know he pulled up lame, and have only his tape to go by (ala Corey Davis) and assume he is a next level caliber speedster. i happen to agree with this particular Kelley take, as I do not always.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm

I think this guy has bust written all over him. Im not going anywhere near him with a top 5 pick.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pmHe also basically says the 85 % thing is an excuse for a slower than expected time, as a prospect does not usually test unless they are 100 percent.
The opinion of one man - rookies will constantly work out at the combine at less than 100%. I remember when Julio Jones went out and tore up the combine on a fractured foot. Performing through an injury shows toughness in my opinion; and going into the NFL with toughness is better than wanting to sit out and I believe testers do it regularly - because if you are expecting to be 100% frequently in the NFL, you are in for a rude awakening.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pmHe also basically says the 85 % thing is an excuse for a slower than expected time, as a prospect does not usually test unless they are 100 percent.
The opinion of one man - rookies will constantly work out at the combine at less than 100%. I remember when Julio Jones went out and tore up the combine on a fractured foot. Performing through an injury shows toughness in my opinion; and going into the NFL with toughness is better than wanting to sit out and I believe testers do it regularly - because if you are expecting to be 100% frequently in the NFL, you are in for a rude awakening.
Yes, but Jones didn't tear up his pro day, so it may have hurt his draft stock. I don't think his pro day numbers helped his cause, which was also what Kelley was getting at, and I agree. At this point, there is no evidence to suggest Jones is a 4.4 flat guy, which is what he was expected to be, and his agility testing was sub par as well. None of this helped him, IMO.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Quite frankly - I am perfectly fine with him not tearing up his pro day; if he slides right into my lap as a result, I'm happy to take him. I have 1.07 in one league and 1.09 in the other, barring someone I like better sliding; I would be very happy with RoJo there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm Quite frankly - I am perfectly fine with him not tearing up his pro day; if he slides right into my lap as a result, I'm happy to take him. I have 1.07 in one league and 1.09 in the other, barring someone I like better sliding; I would be very happy with RoJo there.
I think I would be happy with him at that point, but I have 1.06 and he is lower on my board than that, so I will not be owning him, unless I trade back

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm Quite frankly - I am perfectly fine with him not tearing up his pro day; if he slides right into my lap as a result, I'm happy to take him. I have 1.07 in one league and 1.09 in the other, barring someone I like better sliding; I would be very happy with RoJo there.
I agree but I think he has become much more landing spot dependent. Originally, I saw him as a plus athlete who would eventually shine through as he matured and adjusted to the NFL. Now, I see him more than a JAG, but someone who definitely needs a little luck to garner meaningful touches ... his ability alone won’t get him there.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:44 am

My biggest problem with him is, what the heck is his role? I mean, even if he is a sub-4.5 guy...

He's built like a scat-back (don't give me the 210 garbage. Dude is 195-200 when he wears pads). He isn't an early downs grinder. He can't pass protect. He isn't a pass-catcher.

Awesome kick returner??? I mean seriously, what is an NFL team gonna envision for his professional role?

Can anyone think of a good comp for him, given the fact that he isn't a passing-game back? I suppose what Abdullah has turned into is a fair comp. And that is... less than thrilling.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Discussing 208 vs 195 is just pointless. So is the 40 time. 4.48 is just fine.

Watch the film and you can tell this kid is plenty fast. Very rare for any NFL play run full speed in a straight line for 40 yards, so who cares what the exact time is.

It’s even more insane that people get so worked up about the 40 times when just last year, we had several guys like Cook, Hunt, Kamara, etc. who came in and dominated and looked plenty fast despite modest 40 times.

Kid is electric. Obviously he won’t be a bell cow, but he can be special. Probably more of a real life asset than consistent fantasy producer.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com