Brandin Cooks - What's Not To Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Brandin Cooks Traded To Rams

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 pm Cooks is probably going to end up as frustrating to own as Sammy was before him.
Weren't people saying that about when he went to NE and had to compete with Edelman, Hogan, Gronk & Amendola?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137168
Edelman missed the entire season...

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 pm Cooks is probably going to end up as frustrating to own as Sammy was before him.
Weren't people saying that about when he went to NE and had to compete with Edelman, Hogan, Gronk & Amendola?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137168
Edelman missed the entire season...
Why muddy the pristine Internet waters with your pesky facts?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm

This was a terrible move for the Rams. They should have just kept Watkins and extended him instead of giving up another first for a wr they are gonna have to pay even more next year.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:04 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:29 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Maybe, but there is a huge difference between Goff & Brady. I'm also not sure people who said he would lose value in New England were completely wrong. People were expecting him to take the next step and become a top tier guy in New Orleans. He's now settled in as a high end WR2.
I would agree that Brady is a master at reading defenses, however in terms of throwing to Cooks, Goff is an upgrade. Brady never had an arm and he has lost arm strength in the past year. He never could take advantage of a good portion of Cooks' game. It would not surprise me if Belichick envisioned(long term) Garoppolo throwing to Cooks when he made the deal last year. Defenses will be forced to respect Gurley and Cooks will feast deep. My guess is he puts up the best production of his career going forward.
Goff has a better arm, but I don't think it translates to better production on deep shots. The numbers show Brady to be more efficient on throws with 20+ depth of target and far more importantly, Brady went downfield almost twice as much as Goff.
Efficient on deep passes can be extremly deceiving. PFF has Alex Smith as the most efficient deep passer in the NFL last year. Brady has an extremely high football IQ and knows the throws he can make and obviously is a master at situational football which allows him to take certain shots downfield. I watched him make some deep attempts to Cooks early in the season and the problem was not Cooks. Brady adjusted to what he could and could not do and Cooks probably adjusted too. Cooks will have a full offseason to develop chemistry with Goff and learn the playbook(Watkins never knew what he was doing on most plays). Even in LA, I do not think Cooks will become the type of target magnet required to be top 3-5, but I do strongly believe his best production is ahead of him.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Yup, this shows no confidence in their ability to build a team through the draft. They lucked on a good squad and now are going "all in" with free agency and trades. I predict this team won't go better than 8-8. 49ers will be good and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson. I call the NFC West a toss up between the 3, with a slight edge to the 49ers.

New England now has to late 1sts. That will net them a good guard and a really good player on defense. Their offense will be fine. Brady can throw to anyone as long as he stays upright. He'll have Gronk, Edelman, Hogan and whatever guys they bring in. This team will go 11-5 or better and contend in 2018. If they can get a D that's in the top 15, they will be very tough to beat.

Studstables
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Studstables » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm

It’s more likely the pats trade down than up if you take their history into account. And if they somehow reversed course and did trade up into the 1st, it wouldn’t be for a rb

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:07 pm Yup, this shows no confidence in their ability to build a team through the draft. They lucked on a good squad and now are going "all in" with free agency and trades. I predict this team won't go better than 8-8. 49ers will be good and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson. I call the NFC West a toss up between the 3, with a slight edge to the 49ers.

New England now has to late 1sts. That will net them a good guard and a really good player on defense. Their offense will be fine. Brady can throw to anyone as long as he stays upright. He'll have Gronk, Edelman, Hogan and whatever guys they bring in. This team will go 11-5 or better and contend in 2018. If they can get a D that's in the top 15, they will be very tough to beat.
no, the way they are doing it is correct. Once you have a promising quarterback on is rookie deal, you have to go all in. This is how the Seahawks developed a dynasty, because they were able to invest in other key positions when Russel Wilson was on his rookie deal making 500k a year. Once the quarterback demands $25 mil+ a year, it is much harder to content.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:46 pm
The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm I love how aggressive the Rams are being and seeing all of this trading in the NFL.

The puzzling part of this trade is the Pats are built to win now...so, I'm not really sure I get this move unless they have a plan to replace Cooks with a playmaker. I'm not saying its going to be Odelly (because Brady can move the offense without an alpha WR just fine) but I also wouldn't dismiss it outright. An outside the box, left field, random take that has even less of a chance of happening...do they move up for Barkley? It would add quite the dynamic to the offense and since Barkely can do it all...teams wouldn't know if the Pats are throwing or running anymore based on the RB in the game. It won't happen but, hey, if so, you heard it here first! Haha
Man that would be fun to watch!

As crazy as it sounds, the Pats still don't really have enough draft capital to move up for Saquon. They'd have to get to #4, and 2 late Firsts plus their 2019 First wouldn't be enough.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right...but the Pats have two firsts and two seconds this year...giving then 4 picks in the top 63...plus they have next year's picks. Might be enough ammo.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

I like this for Cooks. Team gives up a first round pick and obviously likes him. They'll utilize him. He's a better player than Woods....
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Studstables wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm It’s more likely the pats trade down than up if you take their history into account. And if they somehow reversed course and did trade up into the 1st, it wouldn’t be for a rb
^ agree... my thoughts as well. They trade down for more picks.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Studstables wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm It’s more likely the pats trade down than up if you take their history into account. And if they somehow reversed course and did trade up into the 1st, it wouldn’t be for a rb
I tend to agree...I mostly mentioned Barkley for fun.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:45 pm

This isn't terrible for Cooks. Brady wasn't able to use him effectively last year. He missed him quite a few times.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Not sure where the idea that the Pats did not use him much last year comes from - his production was very similar to what it was in New Orleans. Also, not sure why anyone would be optimistic about his fantasy output for the Rams. I think this is great for the people around Cooks but not Cooks himself.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Trevormortis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:34 pm
Sammy is no Cooks. Sammy couldn't even figure out where to line up throughout the season and had to have the rookie Kupp tell him what to do. That is not Cooks.

I'm a big Cooks fan in general and I like it for him and the Rams. For fantasy, I agree with those who think it's a lateral move, but if Gurley demands extras attention it may allow Cooks to prosper.
You might think thats because he was traded to the Rams right before the season started...

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:07 pm Yup, this shows no confidence in their ability to build a team through the draft. They lucked on a good squad and now are going "all in" with free agency and trades. I predict this team won't go better than 8-8. 49ers will be good and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson. I call the NFC West a toss up between the 3, with a slight edge to the 49ers

I love what they are doing. They have a young nucleus, some that they drafted in Gurley, Goff, Aaron Donald, Kupp and now are signing and trading for key free agents. They didn’t keep Trumaine Johnson, but are paying Peters and Talib what it would’ve cost them to keep Johnson and Peters is better than Johnson imo, probably Talib is too but definitely got older there. This move to get Cooks is smart to, imo, they more than likely wouldn’t have gotten a WR that talented at pick 23 and he’ll only be 25 in September, plus they are already talking extension. I like Cooks more than Watkins, so to me, that was an upgrade. The Suh signing, I thought that one was a bit puzzling but I respect a team trying to win it all, while they got a nice window of opportunity here. I think that division will come down to them and the 49ers but I think the Rams win the NFC West rather easily.