Brandin Cooks - What's Not To Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Brandin Cooks Traded To Rams

Postby saw061600 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm

meineymoe wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:46 pm so who steps up in New England? Better hang onto Kenny Britt a bit longer! :lol:
-oo-
Now which dumpster did I throw his "You're dead to me" bleep last year....
Last edited by saw061600 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:58 pm

mullmania wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:48 pm You know the dome thing actually probably helps him more than people think.

Here's the 2018 Rams schedule FWIW

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-18/2018- ... hedule.php

Aside from all the home games they go to Minn, Detroit, NO. Even games like SF away and Seattle aren't bad environments to play in.
The new stadium isn't finished yet... I'm pretty sure they're playing outside this year and next.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 pm

I am assuming that the fact the Rams traded a first rounder means they intend to extend him. I think this may be good for Cooks. Brady is getting up there, and now Cooks will have a young ascending QB throwing to him in a very good offense. Not worried about what happened with Watkins at all, Cooks is a better player. I think ths puts an end to the OBJ rumours, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Blackout wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:57 pm Bye bye Cooks value, it was fun !
Why? This makes no sense to me. Highest scoring offense, young offensive minded head coach. Great RB that will tremendously help the PA pass for a burner like Cooks. If this decreases his perceived value, I will be buying everywhere.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Now Woods and Kupp don't have to worry about facing #1 coverage and can continue feasting on underneath and intermediate routes while Cooks stretches the defense away from the primary read.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:01 pm
Why? This makes no sense to me. Highest scoring offense, young offensive minded head coach. Great RB that will tremendously help the PA pass for a burner like Cooks. If this decreases his perceived value, I will be buying everywhere.
I mean, it's not like he's literally not valuable, but Goff is not a very good QB. His stats are incredibly deceiving. Cooks will struggle mightily to get 1000 yards
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 pm
I mean, it's not like he's literally not valuable, but Goff is not a very good QB. His stats are incredibly deceiving. Cooks will struggle mightily to get 1000 yards
I don't think so at all. I guess we shall see. Everybody has their own take. I like this for Cooks, especially long term. He's the best WR on this team and they put up points. Gurley is a far superior RB to anything the Pats have. Should be the potential for some lethal PA passes. I only own Cooks in 1 league, but if everybody is down on this move, I'll be buying.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

I love how aggressive the Rams are being and seeing all of this trading in the NFL.

The puzzling part of this trade is the Pats are built to win now...so, I'm not really sure I get this move unless they have a plan to replace Cooks with a playmaker. I'm not saying its going to be Odelly (because Brady can move the offense without an alpha WR just fine) but I also wouldn't dismiss it outright. An outside the box, left field, random take that has even less of a chance of happening...do they move up for Barkley? It would add quite the dynamic to the offense and since Barkely can do it all...teams wouldn't know if the Pats are throwing or running anymore based on the RB in the game. It won't happen but, hey, if so, you heard it here first! Haha

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:10 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm I love how aggressive the Rams are being and seeing all of this trading in the NFL.

The puzzling part of this trade is the Pats are built to win now...so, I'm not really sure I get this move unless they have a plan to replace Cooks with a playmaker. I'm not saying its going to be Odelly (because Brady can move the offense without an alpha WR just fine) but I also wouldn't dismiss it outright. An outside the box, left field, random take that has even less of a chance of happening...do they move up for Barkley? It would add quite the dynamic to the offense and since Barkely can do it all...teams wouldn't know if the Pats are throwing or running anymore based on the RB in the game. It won't happen but, hey, if so, you heard it here first! Haha
Best way to get a stud RB cheap is on their rookie contract. Smart play in my book for a contender that needs a RB.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm I love how aggressive the Rams are being and seeing all of this trading in the NFL.

I was actually wondering at the outside possibility that they jump the Bills to get a QB for the future (doubt it but that would be amazing).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm curious to start seeing the trade values / questions pop up on him. I already kicked the tires on the owner in our league

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 pm

I think the main thing with Cooks now will be the volatility. I think he will put up numbers but could still see him as a boom or bust type play each week.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm

I was actually wondering at the outside possibility that they jump the Bills to get a QB for the future (doubt it but that would be amazing).
Yea, that crossed my mind as well...seems like a bold move for a team that is a legit super bowl contender...but no one will argur with planning for the future.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:24 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:54 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 pm Cooks is probably going to end up as frustrating to own as Sammy was before him.
Weren't people saying that about when he went to NE and had to compete with Edelman, Hogan, Gronk & Amendola?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137168
Maybe, but there is a huge difference between Goff & Brady. I'm also not sure people who said he would lose value in New England were completely wrong. People were expecting him to take the next step and become a top tier guy in New Orleans. He's now settled in as a high end WR2.
I would agree that Brady is a master at reading defenses, however in terms of throwing to Cooks, Goff is an upgrade. Brady never had an arm and he has lost arm strength in the past year. He never could take advantage of a good portion of Cooks' game. It would not surprise me if Belichick envisioned(long term) Garoppolo throwing to Cooks when he made the deal last year. Defenses will be forced to respect Gurley and Cooks will feast deep. My guess is he puts up the best production of his career going forward.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:03 pm Now Woods and Kupp don't have to worry about facing #1 coverage and can continue feasting on underneath and intermediate routes while Cooks stretches the defense away from the primary read.
own no kupp shares but do own a few bob woods shares and this was my instant thought .... GREAT for woods!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci