news on CJA has been relatively quiet...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: news on CJA has been relatively quiet...

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 am

I am not surprised CJA was released, but the timing is a little odd.. Unless Denver is hoping to make it look obvious they are going Barkley so someone else nabs him or trades up to do so - so the Broncos can get a QB.. Or maybe I am giving Elway too much credit.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:25 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 am I am not surprised CJA was released, but the timing is a little odd.. Unless Denver is hoping to make it look obvious they are going Barkley so someone else nabs him or trades up to do so - so the Broncos can get a QB.. Or maybe I am giving Elway too much credit.
I'm guessing they were holding out in hopes of a trade, but with the draft a week away, it became clear to them that no one was going to pay anything for him.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

Given Elway clearly is not a CJA guy, I wonder if there's an issue he has that we don't know about. Maybe it is just a salary cap or higher RB contract that's the issue, but I kinda don't think that's all of it.

I think CJA would fit well in New England, but man they already have so many RBs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am Given Elway clearly is not a CJA guy, I wonder if there's an issue he has that we don't know about. Maybe it is just a salary cap or higher RB contract that's the issue, but I kinda don't think that's all of it.

I think CJA would fit well in New England, but man they already have so many RBs.
I thought of that. I think teams with Cap room will be interested, it will allow them to spend draft picks at other positions. Not sure of their cap situations, but Washington, TB, Indy, Seattle come to mind. I thought of NE too, but not sure they will pay the type of money others will.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Warren Sharp exposes C.J. Anderson for the fraud that he is: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/statu ... 4587552775
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Blackout wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am
mlynarcm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am
Blackout wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 am Maybe 2 news to retain here...

1/ CJA is related to Miami. Drake could say bye to his hype (i knew it early)

2/ It would probably be a duet between Colts at 3 and Broncos at 5 for Saquon
I'm pretty sure he meant to say the Broncos at 5 and the Colts at 6.
Yes. It was a bit "thinking about your mistress when you make love with your wife and call her the wrong name" situation, no ? :( :wall: (I never did though)
Are you thinking the Giants are out? Everything seems to point to them grabbing an RB early. Maybe not second overall, but it seems a possibility.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:36 pm
Blackout wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am
mlynarcm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am

I'm pretty sure he meant to say the Broncos at 5 and the Colts at 6.
Yes. It was a bit "thinking about your mistress when you make love with your wife and call her the wrong name" situation, no ? :( :wall: (I never did though)
Are you thinking the Giants are out? Everything seems to point to them grabbing an RB early. Maybe not second overall, but it seems a possibility.
I did read an article on ESPN that stated them taking Barkley at 2 would put them in cap hell (couldn't find the article). They stated having OBJ, Shepard and Engram puts a lot of money at the WR position, and then they'd be paying Barkely a hefty amount for an RB. Then having to figure out the QB spot in the future. At the end a source was quoted saying for cap reasons if they aren't going QB they have to trade out.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 pm

I think the Giants don't get Barkley; mainly because I believe they trade down.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm

bsp27 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm Warren Sharp exposes C.J. Anderson for the fraud that he is: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/statu ... 4587552775
Threads like this are why YPC are mistakenly thought to measure skill. People in dynasty / fantasy will take more from reports like that than they should. The load of work shared there speaks nothing of oline, blocking scheme, effect of poor qb play on focus of defenses, game script, and specifics of offensive play call vs defense. All it does is mis use statistical analysis. Put CJA behind a better oline, with a marginally better qb, and you'll see improved production. Simple as that in my opinion.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Numbers can be dug up to "prove" whatever side of an argument one is on.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 pm

What is this logical nonsense - get that outta here!

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Some realistic landing spots:

Miami - Yuck
Buffalo - it would suck for CJA owners but he would make sense as depth behind Shady
Arizona - see above ^
Carolina - this would make a ton of sense for both parties
Giants - could be a nice little spot, assuming they don't take Saquon
Seahawks - he'd be a great addition for them
49ers - he'd be the only 2-down runner in town
Bucs - a lovely spot
Redskins - this would be great. Definite upgrade on Perine and RK
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm Some realistic landing spots:

Miami - Yuck
Buffalo - it would suck for CJA owners but he would make sense as depth behind Shady
Arizona - see above ^
Carolina - this would make a ton of sense for both parties
Giants - could be a nice little spot, assuming they don't take Saquon
Seahawks - he'd be a great addition for them
49ers - he'd be the only 2-down runner in town
Bucs - a lovely spot
Redskins - this would be great. Definite upgrade on Perine and RK
Overlooked that one. Would make perfect sense.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm
bsp27 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm Warren Sharp exposes C.J. Anderson for the fraud that he is: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/statu ... 4587552775
Threads like this are why YPC are mistakenly thought to measure skill. People in dynasty / fantasy will take more from reports like that than they should. The load of work shared there speaks nothing of oline, blocking scheme, effect of poor qb play on focus of defenses, game script, and specifics of offensive play call vs defense. All it does is mis use statistical analysis. Put CJA behind a better oline, with a marginally better qb, and you'll see improved production. Simple as that in my opinion.
Well, his run blocking efficiency was 16th in the league last year, so exactly average. So, he had an average o-line, while facing the easiest run defense schedule by far, and STILL was the 4th worst in success rate. "He didn't rank anything above 20th out of 27 in ydg on unsuccessful plays (Missed YPA) or in explosiveness rate."

You can talk about qb play all you want, but Anderson was worse than a washed Jamaal Charles and Devontae Booker. "Anderson's success rate on 2nd down was 41%, the worst on the Broncos. And his 1st down rate was 30%. For comparison, Charles was at 42%."

"Here's a comparison of Anderson's early down performance the past 2 years as compared to league averages. His SROA (Success Rate Over Average) was -4.1%. Compare:
Charles: +2.1%
Booker: -0.2%
Anderson: -4.1%"

He's terrible, just accept that and move on.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

bsp27 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm
JFever wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm
Well, his run blocking efficiency was 16th in the league last year, so exactly average. So, he had an average o-line, while facing the easiest run defense schedule by far, and STILL was the 4th worst in success rate. "He didn't rank anything above 20th out of 27 in ydg on unsuccessful plays (Missed YPA) or in explosiveness rate."

You can talk about qb play all you want, but Anderson was worse than a washed Jamaal Charles and Devontae Booker. "Anderson's success rate on 2nd down was 41%, the worst on the Broncos. And his 1st down rate was 30%. For comparison, Charles was at 42%."

"Here's a comparison of Anderson's early down performance the past 2 years as compared to league averages. His SROA (Success Rate Over Average) was -4.1%. Compare:
Charles: +2.1%
Booker: -0.2%
Anderson: -4.1%"

He's terrible, just accept that and move on.
This is ridiculous. Small sample sizes compared to a guy that carried the ball 250 times. Thanks for telling everyone what there opinion needs to be so we can move on with our lives. Ask the mods to close the thread, no more discussion needed. You've figured it all out for us. :thumbup: