It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

Postby Plank » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Fuller with Watson is my most likely ..

Mike Williams with Rivers ..
@PlankMelody

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: It's likely at least 2 more 1st round WR's from the 2015-2017 NFL draft classes will hit. But which ones?

Postby keebs3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 pm

At this point I'm hoping for even one of them in team 1...
Though, now that I've given up all hope and dropped him last season I'm sure it will be Perriman, somehow. Or Treadwell if he doesn't make my cut.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm
ericanadian wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 am Excellent point. I don't understand some of the odds people are placing.
Baseline was 35% based on DD's analysis. Therefore, a guy drafted last year, but not having done anything to increase or decrease that number, such as Williams or Ross, would largely remain at that point. Guys moved up or down based on what they've done since being drafted.
Yes I understand that. I just disagree with some of what I've seen is all. Coleman at 10% chance of hitting 1000 once and 0% chance of hitting it twice, for instance. The forum only thrives due to differing opinions, though.
Have to agree with all of the above. Are we really saying, and supporting the notion that Coleman has a 0% chance of having two 1,000 yard seasons for his career based on what we've seen so far? I think that's just putting a little too much faith in the numbers. Yes they have their place, but I'll pick and choose where it's applicable for my teams. And FWIW, I don't own any Coleman shares.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm And FWIW, I don't own any Coleman shares.
How dare you promote a player not on your roster(s). Blasphemy! :shh:
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm And FWIW, I don't own any Coleman shares.
But with MFL down it was the perfect crime! By the time MFL is back up again the crime will be forgotten and he would have gotten away scot free save for your heroic efforts! :biggrin:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am
But with MFL down it was the perfect crime! By the time MFL is back up again the crime will be forgotten and he would have gotten away scot free save for your heroic efforts! :biggrin:
He was totally in the clear until he Plaxico Burress'd himself!
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:31 pm I did a little research on WR's taken in the 1st round of NFL drafts. I defined a "hit" as a WR having 2+ 1,000 yard receiving seasons.

- Only 24 of 66 WR's drafted from 1998-2015 were considered hits, so about a 36% hit rate on average of getting what we would deem a valuable WR over multiple seasons.
- The worst 3-year stretch during that span was 3 out of 13 for a 23% hit rate. (Edit: there is a 3 of 14 stretch for 21%, nonetheless)
- The recent receiving classes (2015-2017) have only given us 1 hit (Cooper) in 13 so far for an 8% hit rate.

As you can see the recent hit rates are not normal (as to be expected as not much time has passed), and while possible it seems unlikely the 7-8% hit rate will stand the test of time. If we are to assume things will trend back to the mean, that means an additional 2-4 more WR's aside from Cooper will be hits from the 2015-2017 draft classes (resulting in a hit rate of anywhere between 23%-38%). I know it's easy to simply write them all off as busts but odds are at least 2 of them will gain a lot of value soon. I'd probably choose Parker, Doctson, and Davis... just always liked them as players. I'm curious though, who are YOUR picks to bust out of the slump?
  • Kevin White
    DeVante Parker
    Nelson Agholor
    Breshad Perriman
    Phillip Dorsett
    Corey Coleman
    Will Fuller
    Josh Doctson
    Laquon Treadwell
    Corey Davis
    Mike Williams
    John Ross
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 – 1 of 3 (Moss)
1999 – 2 of 3 (Holt and Boston)
2000 – 1 of 5 (Burress)
2001 – 2 of 6 (Santana Moss and Wayne)
2002 – 1 of 3 (Javon Walker)
2003 – 1 of 3 (Andre Johnson)
2004 – 2 of 7 (Lee Evans, Larry Fitzgerald)
2005 – 1 of 6 (Roddy White)
2006 – 0 for 1
2007 – 2 for 6 (Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Bowe)
2008 – None drafted in the 1st
2009 – 3 of 6 (Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks)
2010 – 2 for 2 (DT, Dez)
2011 – 2 for 3 (AJG, Julio)
2012 – 0 for 4
2013 – 1 for 3 (Hopkins)
2014 – 3 for 5 (Evans, OBJ, Cooks)

It's very possible I messed up somewhere :shh:

Tier 1: Likely immediate returns, and a long term hit:

1. Corey Davis: Most upside, and best chance to me to live up to it.
2. Will Fuller: If he's healthy, he's a top 20-30 WR for me.
3. Corey Coleman: Depends entirely on the pecking order amongst the WR's, but I like Coleman as the #2 if the Browns hadn't gotten Landry.
4. N. Agholor: he already kind of broke out in '17, kicking myself as I had him in a lot of places in '16, and gave up in '17, a reminder to give WR's the traditional 3 year window because it's an accurate traditional read on the position (So I'm paying attention to the '16 guys this year).
5. D. Parker: I think a lot of my teams are going to end up losing big or winning big on this bet, although it was a sunk cost years ago.

Tier 2: I expect them to be successful, but it may take another 1-2 years for it to really pay off.

6. Mike Williams: Normally I'd rank him ahead of Parker, but I suspect Parker will pay off sooner, Williams still has to deal with a giant pile of other passing options in San Diego and the likely retirement of Rivers in a year or two.
7. J. Doctson: Last season shook my confidence in him. Definitely had some splash plays, but also showed an alarming capacity for drops that he didn't have in college. With Alex Smith in town, he may continue to develop, but the numbers will not be great because Alex Smith is Alex Smith.
8. L. Treadwell: I'm waiting out the contract. Have been speculating on him in leagues, having him as an add on in trades whenever possible because I believe he's a legit size weapon for offenses, but I don't think it's gonna happen in Minnesota. Eagerly awaiting him moving on from Minnesota in the spring of '20. A long time to wait, but since I didn't draft him anywhere in 2016, it's not a major sunk cost for me beyond roster space being limited while I wait.
9. John Ross: 2017 was a total disaster. No doubt. His injury history is also well and truly horrific. But I do believe in his talent as a player IF and that's a huge if, he can stay healthy.

Tier 3: A slight Chance
10. Kevin White: I'm not sure if the Bears have officially moved on from him or from Meredith or from both of them. His injuries have been bizarre, his confidence in himself supposedly shaken, but if he can stay healthy, 2016 suggested he might be able to put up a 50 or more catch season with some volume. the question is if anyone's going to give him "opportunity" going forward. That's a huge question.

Busts:

1. Phillip Dorsett: It's over.
2. B. Perriman: It's really over.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Im a big Coleman believer. Whenever I have watched him play he stands out. Yes the drops are a concern. But his athleticism and good route running impress the heck out of me. Watch his performance vs THE Ramsey last season. Looked to me like he was dog walking Ramsey all day. You could see Ramsey's frustration trying to cover Coleman. If Kizer had'nt sailed several passes that were uncatchable than Coleman could have had a huge game. The year before vs the Ravens when he torched the defense for 2 TDs before McCown got hurt was another example.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm Im a big Coleman believer. Whenever I have watched him play he stands out. Yes the drops are a concern. But his athleticism and good route running impress the heck out of me. Watch his performance vs THE Ramsey last season. Looked to me like he was dog walking Ramsey all day. You could see Ramsey's frustration trying to cover Coleman. If Kizer had'nt sailed several passes that were uncatchable than Coleman could have had a huge game. The year before vs the Ravens when he torched the defense for 2 TDs before McCown got hurt was another example.
:thumbup:

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:17 pm

(looks at roster)

Corey Coleman
Will Fuller
Corey Davis
Mike Williams
John Ross

I might have way too much stock in this group of receivers :think:

P.S. Shout out for the Tyler Lockett breakout from 2015 class! :thumbup:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 am

So how do we feel about this post-draft with all the WR landings? And 2 new 1st round WRs in 2018.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri May 04, 2018 11:10 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am
He was totally in the clear until he Plaxico Burress'd himself!
Should have used a holster, and not my undies. :doh:

Live and learn!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 am

Now that the NFL Draft is (well) over and OTAs and such have gotten underway - just curious if anyone has changed their opinion for the better or worse on any of the WRs listed.

I am going to guess that Miller landing in Chicago means more owners are going to be skeptical on Whites odds.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am

The minute that John Fox was fired, to me it signaled trouble for Kevin White but it was also the best thing for the franchise.

Not only does Nagy not have any connection to him but brought in Robinson, Miller, Burton + Gabriel. White will really have to show out and stay on the darn field to think about carving a role in this offense.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:37 am

Servo wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am The minute that John Fox was fired, to me it signaled trouble for Kevin White but it was also the best thing for the franchise.

Not only does Nagy not have any connection to him but brought in Robinson, Miller, Burton + Gabriel. White will really have to show out and stay on the darn field to think about carving a role in this offense.
What a colossal bust White was! He was injured heading into our rookie auction and I got him for practically nothing. I remember being so excited about his future... I bailed after the second injury, so I have no stake in him anymore, but what a shame...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.