The gazelle (Tyrell Williams)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: non-sexy topic: Tyrell Williams

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:07 am
bsp27 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 pm But in terms of Mike Williams vs Tyrell, I have to have Tyrell above because he has better athleticism and has been efficient and productive in the NFL.
That's all good it's your personal opinion, no issue with that.
I do to. Williams looks like a bust to me. Tyrell is a decent WR, but I think Williams and his lack of athleticism and injury history scream bust to me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:01 pm

It’s interesting to see people just refer to “Williams” in a thread about two players whose last names are both Williams...as if we needed proof that UDFAs take a back seat :)
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 pm

If Tyrell Williams is going to succeed in 2018 it is likely like Adam Thielan did - a combination of opportunity, continued struggles/injuries from other WRs and himself taking another step forward.

So basically he'll need at least 2 of Allen, Benjamim & Williams to struggle (or be injured) as well as show he is ready for an increased role (vs being force fed due to last man standing).

It is certainy possible - but like others have alluded to - UDFAs have extra obstacles in their path to succeed, their time in the sun is usually shorter (because they have to keep proving it over & over) and there is usually a pedigreed player coming soon to replace them if they falter / injury.

If he is lucky though, he'll get a nice 2nd landing spot like Hurns or Hogan did.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Bumping this. Imo the HH injury clears a path for a more prominent role for Tyrell. Mike Williams is overrated and Rivers has a rapport with Tyrell.

What's not to like here again? I see a guy who has a good shot at being the 2nd option in a pass happy offense, and who's in a contract year. He only has to beat out a guy who looked just plain bad as a rookie and has had some lingering injury issues.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm

I think so long as Keenan Allen remains healthy, no other WR in SD's offense can reach better than fantasy WR3/4 value. Tyrell or Mike, doesn't matter. I don't think Henry's injury makes much of a difference, either. Except to Allen, that is, who presumably will now soak up even more targets between the hashmarks.

Tyrell is a boundary vertical weapon, and that has little overlap with Henry's usage. If trends since Whisenhunt took over as OC in '16 hold steady, Henry's injury should primarily benefit Allen and the running-backs' involvement as pass-catchers in the middle of the field.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:02 am

Reading reports outa OTAs, Rivers continues to target TWill. Also, with the HH injury, all it takes is one of two WR's in MWilliams and KAllen to be hurt at one point or another for him to immediately jump into the WR2 conversation again. I see this more likely than not. Ironically, since I first created this thread, the owner has dropped him out right to make room for the rookie draft. He's on my list of FA's to bid on (no offseason bidding).
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:06 am

I took him in the 10th round of a 12 teamer as my WR4 (deeper starting lineups, 4WR and flex each week) on a team I feel has a chance to contend out of the gate

Good depth guy to have, limited upside if you're trying for that area of player to possibly hit and be fantasy WR2s. Hoping he has a higher floor this coming year. Is a 15-20 then 3 weeks of 4 guy it seems. Needs more targets
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 am

hjernazian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:02 am Reading reports outa OTAs, Rivers continues to target TWill. Also, with the HH injury, all it takes is one of two WR's in MWilliams and KAllen to be hurt at one point or another for him to immediately jump into the WR2 conversation again. I see this more likely than not. Ironically, since I first created this thread, the owner has dropped him out right to make room for the rookie draft. He's on my list of FA's to bid on (no offseason bidding).
Where did you find that Rivers is targeting Twill? I own him in my league and all I hear is the buzz about Mike Williams being back.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 pm

Anyone else hoping he’s traded to the Pats? Bill was interested enough in him to take a close look before he had done anything in the NFL. He may still be interested.
I wonder if the Pats also reached out to sign him as an UDFA...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.m ... sleepe.amp

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Patience
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:58 am

Playing all 3 positions in LAC is important .. all 3 WR's last year were split evenly whether it was the left, right or slot .. Until Mike Williams can play all 3 positions he won't take over the 3 WR, only other option I could see is they jam in the X, and let Keenan, with either Gazelle or Benjamin move around much like Diggs and Thielen ..

I also could see M Williams only being used in the red zone, like Gazelle, Keenan, and Benjamin between the 20s and then M Williams, Gazelle and Keenan in the red zone ..
@PlankMelody

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 am

Plank wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:58 am Playing all 3 positions in LAC is important .. all 3 WR's last year were split evenly whether it was the left, right or slot .. Until Mike Williams can play all 3 positions he won't take over the 3 WR, only other option I could see is they jam in the X, and let Keenan, with either Gazelle or Benjamin move around much like Diggs and Thielen ..

I also could see M Williams only being used in the red zone, like Gazelle, Keenan, and Benjamin between the 20s and then M Williams, Gazelle and Keenan in the red zone ..
Oh I'm not saying Tyrell is going to be taken over by Mike, or even that he can't be good in LA. I just think the Chargers might believe they don't need Tyrell (because they think highly of Mike) and I think I'd rather see Tyrell in NE.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:10 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 am
Oh I'm not saying Tyrell is going to be taken over by Mike, or even that he can't be good in LA. I just think the Chargers might believe they don't need Tyrell (because they think highly of Mike) and I think I'd rather see Tyrell in NE.
I think Tyrell is exactly the kind of guy who fits in NE. An under-utilized player whose advanced receiving and YAC metrics are among the best in the league. I think that's exactly where he goes next off-season.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Tyrell Williams - worth a 3rd since he's a free agent

Postby Wizard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Is Tyrell Williams worth trading a 3rd for. My thoughts are that he's 26 (be 27 by the beginning of next season) so he still has a few good years left in him and he's a free agent at the end of this season. I remember reading he was really good a few years ago when Allen was out and there is the hope he goes to a team that will used him a lot more than the Chargers do. What do you think?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Re: Tyrell Williams - worth a 3rd since he's a free agent

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Yes, I own him and wouldn’t give him up for a 3rd