Dez Bryant: ideal landing spots/situations?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Dez Bryant: ideal landing spots/situations?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 pm

It's seeming like the writing is definitely on the wall now, that he'll be cut this summer. Where would you like to see Dez land?

Green Bay & Indy would be my ideals. Highly talented QBs who aren't afraid to take aggressive shots.

Carolina is attractive. If there's one thing we know about Cam, he's willing to throw jump balls to big-bodied WRs! I'd much rather see Dez getting those targets than Funchess.

San Francisco is nice, he'd be the one big WR on the roster, although I don't see Garçon & Goodwin disappearing.

Sadly Buffalo wouldn't be a TERRIBLE landing spot, as he could rise to the top of that depth chart with very little effort.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: Dez Bryant: ideal landing spots/situations?

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Detroit Lions. Fans already love Dez.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:15 pm

I admittedly haven't paid much attention outside of a few "could it happen?" headlines, what makes you think it's that much closer to reality? Would there be rationale to releasing after free agency rather than before?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:18 pm

It's too bad the Raiders signed Jordy, because he would've been a great fit in Oakland.

If I had to guess, Washington would make some sense. Nothing like sticking it to a rival and he fills a need on the team.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Oh man... if my chargers didn't invest such a high pick in Mike Williams last year, Dez would be a PERFECT fit with Rivers.

Rivers loves throwing deep jump balls, but he hasn't had someone he could do that with since Malcolm Floyd retired.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 pm

N.O. would be a nice fit.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Translation: Even at this stage of his career, I would like him on my favorite team.

I guess I'll just mention Chicago for no other reason than they need warm bodies at WR.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 pm It's seeming like the writing is definitely on the wall now, that he'll be cut this summer. Where would you like to see Dez land?

Green Bay & Indy would be my ideals. Highly talented QBs who aren't afraid to take aggressive shots.

Carolina is attractive. If there's one thing we know about Cam, he's willing to throw jump balls to big-bodied WRs! I'd much rather see Dez getting those targets than Funchess.

San Francisco is nice, he'd be the one big WR on the roster, although I don't see Garçon & Goodwin disappearing.

Sadly Buffalo wouldn't be a TERRIBLE landing spot, as he could rise to the top of that depth chart with very little effort.
I still don’t think he’ll be released/waived. I’ve said all along that I think he’ll either restructure or the Cowboys will leave it as/is until next off-season, then make a decision, which is what I still think will happen. As much as I liked the signing of Allen Hurns, I don’t think his signing and the signing of Deonte Thompson will be enough to let Dez go. Also, it was reported just yesterday that T.Williams had a broken foot so he wil be out most of this offseason and I know he’s not great, but the Cowboys simply don’t have enough talent at WR to let go of Dez, not this offseason. Now, after they see how Hurns fits in this season, how the rookie WR(s) fit in because they will definitely draft one or two, then make a decision on Dez next offseason.

To play along, if they do release him, I would pick SF 49ers as the best spot for him. He would be their main go to WR and get a fresh start with a new innovative coach in Shanahan, that’s the spot that I would pick.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 pm I still don’t think he’ll be released/waived. I’ve said all along that I think he’ll either restructure or the Cowboys will leave it as/is until next off-season, then make a decision, which is what I still think will happen. As much as I liked the signing of Allen Hurns, I don’t think his signing and the signing of Deonte Thompson will be enough to let Dez go. Also, it was reported just yesterday that T.Williams had a broken foot so he wil be out most of this offseason and I know he’s not great, but the Cowboys simply don’t have enough talent at WR to let go of Dez, not this offseason. Now, after they see how Hurns fits in this season, how the rookie WR(s) fit in because they will definitely draft one or two, then make a decision on Dez next offseason.
I don't think they will release him either provided that they work out a restructure. There is no way the team will let him play under his current contract. They save far too much money by declaring him a post June 1st cut for what he brings to the table.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 pmI still don’t think he’ll be released/waived. I’ve said all along that I think he’ll either restructure or the Cowboys will leave it as/is until next off-season, then make a decision, which is what I still think will happen. As much as I liked the signing of Allen Hurns, I don’t think his signing and the signing of Deonte Thompson will be enough to let Dez go. Also, it was reported just yesterday that T.Williams had a broken foot so he wil be out most of this offseason and I know he’s not great, but the Cowboys simply don’t have enough talent at WR to let go of Dez, not this offseason. Now, after they see how Hurns fits in this season, how the rookie WR(s) fit in because they will definitely draft one or two, then make a decision on Dez next offseason.

To play along, if they do release him, I would pick SF 49ers as the best spot for him. He would be their main go to WR and get a fresh start with a new innovative coach in Shanahan, that’s the spot that I would pick.
1. I agree that Bryant will work something out and stay in DAL.
2. I doubt SF is interested. Shanahan has said before he cares more about route-running and ability to separate than physicality in his WRs, hence SF re-signing Goodwin for cheap rather than going after Watkins or Robinson in free agency.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Dallas 2014.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm Dallas 2014.
Hahaha right?! #FreeRomo :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Patriots

Gronk- returning?
Edelman- recovering from injury; upcoming FA
Cooks- downfield weapon, not short-range or possession
The rest- role players
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ravens
Plus- history of adding vet WRs, and target cut players so compensatory picks not affected
Minus- clone of Crabtree?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Colts
Plus- targets available, good complement to Hilton
Minus- could 2 TE offense eat into targets/opportunities?

Other (crazier) ideas- Arizona, Jets, Bills
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 pm

This is getting a little hot, but it's the owner's meetings and there's plenty of talk generated there.

That said, there has been no discussion with Dez's camp to date, and a restructure is the only way he stays in Dallas. They save a ton of cap room by releasing him post June 1, and I'm really 50/50 on whether that happens or not. I've found myself on the same page as Cowboysfan33 quite a bit this offseason but this is starting to feel like a team that's willing to move on if they don't get him to reduce his cap number substantially.

For Dez as a player and fantasy asset, I wouldn't mind seeing him move on from Dak/Zeke. It hasn't worked, and even with reports of Dez trying to expand his route tree I'm skeptical of things improving substantially in 2018 if he stays. So why not look to greener pastures? Had to know lukky would throw Indy in the mix, and I don't think that would be too bad of a spot as long as Luck is back at 80-90% with the loss of Moncrief. Green Bay could produce a sweet Rodgers/Dez combo, but they did just add Graham so a signing like that might be redundant and cost prohibitive.

All of the first tier free-agent WR's have already signed, and as a post June 1st cut you'd also have possible destinations muddied by teams who invested significant capital at the position via the draft. I wouldn't like the Washington speculation since I don't think Alex Smith uses him any better than Dak. But Skip's offhanded Chicago take is one I find interesting. Trubisky might just sling it around and let Dez go up and get it. Maybe not as far-fetched as you'd think since they've got substantial need, and it would be a win/win proposition for QB and WR.

I am finding myself hoping he gets out of Dallas this year though. I think from a fantasy perspective that ship has sailed. I don't think the Cowboys will find themselves in an "addition by subtraction" situation by releasing him. It probably hurts the team overall. I'm just speaking from a selfish fantasy owner's perspective on this issue.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 am

I could see him staying in texas and signing with houston - nuk will get primary defensive attention they have a field stretcher and dez would be a very solid add as wr2 on outside always facing 2nd cbs with a safety being forced to honor fullers deep speed . That situation seems tailor made for dez to stay in his home state and have a viable role where he doesn't have to command primary defensive attention he once commanded .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci