slow draft auction tips

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

slow draft auction tips

Postby playa_hata » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:42 pm

how many players should be nominated at once and how long does each nominee stay up for auction?(how long is the timer for each nominee) seems like more than 1 or 2 players at a time would be confusing. any one who has had experience with slow draft email auctions i would greatly appreciate youre input!
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Re: slow draft auction tips

Postby playa_hata » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:36 pm

really could use some help here lol

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Lol..so I've done slow draft auctions but never via email. We did it on the MFL site or a message board.

That said, I've seen it done a couple ways. Each team nominates a certain number of players, typically in my experience, 2-3. And then each time one of them expires, you nominate a new player. Each team should try to have a minimum of 2 or 3 nominated at all times until obviously later in the draft when they don't have the roster space and can't afford to nominate 3 players because they only have 2 spots.

One of my favorites was 3 players. So we typically had 36 players going at all times. I believe for 24 hours, and then shortened it to 12 and 8 hours as the rounds progressed . Each time their was a new high bidder it would reset to the timer.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm Lol..so I've done slow draft auctions but never via email. We did it on the MFL site or a message board.

That said, I've seen it done a couple ways. Each team nominates a certain number of players, typically in my experience, 2-3. And then each time one of them expires, you nominate a new player. Each team should try to have a minimum of 2 or 3 nominated at all times until obviously later in the draft when they don't have the roster space and can't afford to nominate 3 players because they only have 2 spots.

One of my favorites was 3 players. So we typically had 36 players going at all times. I believe for 24 hours, and then shortened it to 12 and 8 hours as the rounds progressed . Each time their was a new high bidder it would reset to the timer.
all email means is every player won is sent out as an email so everyone is kinda notified of each player thats selected

TM1

TM2

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:59 am

chosen_one wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:42 pm how many players should be nominated at once and how long does each nominee stay up for auction?(how long is the timer for each nominee) seems like more than 1 or 2 players at a time would be confusing. any one who has had experience with slow draft email auctions i would greatly appreciate youre input!
Slow auction is the way to go, IMO. It's actually not confusing at all to have multiple players available at the same time. I've only done it on MFL, but I assume there are other sites that operate similarly.

The way it works is that everyone is obligated to nominate a set number of players per day. I think 3 is the right amount, but you can make it more if you need a faster draft or less if you want it slower. You can set the clock to whatever you want, but I think 24 hours works well. It allows people to only have to check in once a day. On the bid page, you'll see a full list of all the players that have been nominated and not yet won. You'll see their current price and clock remaining.

The bidding (but not the clock) is like ebay - you enter in your max bid but it will only cost you what someone else has bid. Like if you nominate someone with a max bid of $5 and nobody bids on him, you'll get him for $1. From the moment a player is nominated, the 24 hour clock starts but it only changes if the high bidder (not the high bid amount) changes. So if someone bids $4 on your player after he's been available for 4 hours, your bid will go up to $4, but the clock will stay at 20 hours remaining. It is generally considered bad etiquette to "snipe" someone, but if someone bids $6 with 1 hour remaining, that person becomes the new high bidder and the clock is reset to 24 hours.

As for timing, if you have 25 roster spots per team and 3 nominations per day, your draft should take about 25/3 = 8.3 days + 24 hour clock + fluff for clock reset = about 10 days... although there will be some teams that fill their roster a day or two early and some that drag behind, so you might finish in 8 days or if you blew your wad and can only bid $1 for your last 8 players, you might keep getting outbid on your nominations and it could drag on for a couple more days. If timing is a problem, you can allow more nominations per day towards the end. On MFL, there is no way to really limit nominations. It's kind of honor system, although you can check to see if people are violating the agreed upon terms.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:10 am

Slow auction, 10hr clock (people live in different time zones). Proxy Style Auction Start-Up everyone nominates 2 players. When you win a player you nominate another. 12 team so there should always be 24 players on the board at a time.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:59 am

chosen_one wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:42 pm how many players should be nominated at once and how long does each nominee stay up for auction?(how long is the timer for each nominee) seems like more than 1 or 2 players at a time would be confusing. any one who has had experience with slow draft email auctions i would greatly appreciate youre input!
I'll join your league Jerk :crazy: :ewink:
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------