Aaron Jones...sell??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
brofinator
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Aaron Jones

Postby brofinator » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 am

They clearly used the hot hand approach in '17, don't see why that would change now

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 am

brofinator wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 am They clearly used the hot hand approach in '17, don't see why that would change now
They clearly used the whoever isn't injured hand.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 am

To me, this is pretty clearly going to be a RBBC deal, especially with the questionable durability concerns for everyone involved.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 pm

ascherb wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 am To me, this is pretty clearly going to be a RBBC deal, especially with the questionable durability concerns for everyone involved.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -committee

GB Coach agrees with you atm. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 pm
ascherb wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 am To me, this is pretty clearly going to be a RBBC deal, especially with the questionable durability concerns for everyone involved.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -committee

GB Coach agrees with you atm. ;)
3 headed monster! Yes!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:16 am

I've turned down several offers for Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones (not the pair, but separately). They weren't great offers & I don't think anyone will offer more than a late second round pick.

I do think one of them will be a good fantasy flex start this year, though we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out.

TLDR: I think both are solid holds. Don't sell cheap, don't spend a lot to get them.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 am

This! And the reason I avoid this mess.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:41 am

I bought Williams for Eifert in a 2TE league a bit ago.

On the flipside, I sold Jones for Mahomes in a 1QB league.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 am
This! And the reason I avoid this mess.
And now it's being reported that they are aspiring to use a RBBC approach this season to "emulate the Saints" backfield.

What a mess.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm

spider321 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm When people say Williams is more well rounded, it's more than YPC. You're too hung up on that stat. They're referring to pass blocking, route running, and knowing the offense, three things that are absolutely critical when playing with Aaron Rodgers.

Jones has more speed and shiftiness, but I think Williams is equal to or better than him in all other areas. They trust him more. And the Packers drafted Williams over Jones, so that says a little about what management thinks.
lol
what a rock solid argument
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:35 pm

- Williams is an inferior receiver to Montgomery and isn't a sharp route-runner
- there is zero objective evidence Williams is trusted any more or less than Jones and Montgomery
- that Jones was drafted one round later than Williams on Day 3 is irrelevant at this point; the NFL tape the coaching staff now has on both players is much more relevant

As others have said, this is gonna be a platoon situation so long as everyone's healthy. Packers are even talking up Montgomery again.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 am

I am high on him, but I also don't know how they plan on using him going forward (as no one else does either). I have a trade offer including him (coming to me), but part of the hangup on my end is Jones and how I think he will be going forward.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:16 am I've turned down several offers for Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones (not the pair, but separately). They weren't great offers & I don't think anyone will offer more than a late second round pick.
I made this trade in the DLF Charter league (12 team, PPR, IDP)
gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.07 (Royce Freeman);Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09 (James Washington);Year 2018 Draft Pick 6.12 (TE Ian Thomas, Car)
received Jones, Aaron GBP RB;Williams, Jamaal GBP RB; Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.05 (Roquan Smith);Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.05 (Sam Bradford).

Accomplished two goals with this trade: traded down to take Roquan Smith, and got Williams and Jones - I just like the chances of one of them hitting before the #7 rookie RB.

league link, if you want any more details: http://www77.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/20018#0

-oo-

Conan Troutman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Conan Troutman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:35 pm - Williams is an inferior receiver to Montgomery and isn't a sharp route-runner

As others have said, this is gonna be a platoon situation so long as everyone's healthy. Packers are even talking up Montgomery again.
- That may be true, but the difference between Williams and Montgomery as a pure runner is a lot bigger.

It could be some sort of platoon, but based on their play styles there's a clear role for everyone. Williams is a traditional lead back who can do everything well, but isn't special in any one area. Plus he can wear down a defense. Jones is more explosive and the best pure runner, coming in for designed runnings plays but not seeing the field a ton if pass is at least an option. Montgomery should be the weapon of choice for stuff like end-arounds and other gimmick plays plus the two-minute-offense where you don't want to run the ball anyway.

What type of back you want on the field will obviously depend a lot on the situation. But with Jones as a pure runner type and Montgomery being more of a receiver than a running back, most situations the Packers offense will find itself in will probably call for the most well rounded option in Williams. Biggest threat to his role is neither Jones nor Montgomery, but Mays - who is that lead back type himself.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 pm

spider321 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm When people say Williams is more well rounded, it's more than YPC. You're too hung up on that stat. They're referring to pass blocking, route running, and knowing the offense, three things that are absolutely critical when playing with Aaron Rodgers.

Jones has more speed and shiftiness, but I think Williams is equal to or better than him in all other areas. They trust him more. And the Packers drafted Williams over Jones, so that says a little about what management thinks.
lol
In other words, I have Aaron Jones on the team in my sig, so despite the validity of your well thought out statement, I'm going to put my blinders on and respond with the least intelligent response I can muster.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick