80%

Total votes: 106

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Re: START-UP guy has gone radio silent, how to handle

Postby bucsrule » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:53 am

treble83 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:52 am
jeaton6 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 pm It’s not so much about the time, but about the lack of common courtesy and the fact that he did it on purpose. And it was not done on purpose because a few people reached out to him to see what gives (I.e. “harassed” as some of the thinner skinned dudes like to call it LMAO).
:wtf: :lol: :lol: :doh:

Thinner skinned dudes!? Like the one's that were crying because a league mate was taking too long to make picks and threatening to boot him for it? Then proceeds to jump down the throats of anyone that questions their logic or reasoning? I agree.. That takes some thin skin.
This!

When you point the finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing right back atcha. :dance:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 am

This!

When you point the finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing right back atcha. :dance:
[/quote]

Unless it's former Giants DE JPP :nono: couldn't even give the tired old 3 fingers comment a :thumbdown: or a :thumbup:

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:35 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 pm Think some of you are off target here. Read the OP. Jeaton was getting input about a guy who might have gone awol. Later it turns out that the guy just took his time and didn't bother to do the courteous thing and communicate with the league.
jeaton6 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:02 am In start-up, Guy was on GroupMe said he was researching pick
He did communicate within the first few hours. People continue to ignore this fact. If he didn't communicate after the multiple messages from multiple different owners about why he wasn't immediately picking a player after he already said he was researching players I can't say I blame him based on the discourse from jeaton in this thread. If Jeaton didn't come here wanting to boot the guy from the league after taking the full time just once (which is an insane idea) then maybe I'd be more on his side. Who knows what types of messages this dude has gotten from these people or if they're mulling about booting him from the league in the groupme chat. Jeaton keeps saying "he did it on purpose he did it on purpose!" but can anyone tell me what that even means?
Please go back and read. Very few in this thread seem to be able to do so including you. Let me know where I said “I” wanted to boot the guy. If you cannot find proof that’s what I wanted to do then do not post again.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 am

treble83 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:52 am
jeaton6 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 pm It’s not so much about the time, but about the lack of common courtesy and the fact that he did it on purpose. And it was not done on purpose because a few people reached out to him to see what gives (I.e. “harassed” as some of the thinner skinned dudes like to call it LMAO).

Thinner skinned dudes!? Like the one's that were crying because a league mate was taking too long to make picks and threatening to boot him for it? Then proceeds to jump down the throats of anyone that questions their logic or reasoning? I agree.. That takes some thin skin.
Again your reading comprehension sucks. There was no threat to boot. Go back AGAIN and re-read what was said. The question was about what possible approaches to take. No one threatened to do anything.
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 am

Find the holier than thou attitude in this thread hilarious because in my 30+ startups I’ve found 50/50 who are fine with pace and other half who are not. Personally I tend to not care too much at all and am a big believer in letting people use their time allotted. That said, as I mentioned it turns out this was purposeful (long story short he was mad that someone agreed verbally to a trade but the trade never went through because this guy never actually put it in the system so the other guy ended up going in another direction) but this guy decided he still would hold the league hostage for 8 hours Plus another 6 on the next pick. Not buying that half of you here haven’t ever bitched about pace, not for a second. Good to see the solid dialogue here. Would love to join a startup up with those of you who feel so passionate about this and test your patience. If you’ve got one that you’re getting in PM me.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:54 am

#triggered
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm

jeaton6 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:35 am
Please go back and read. Very few in this thread seem to be able to do so including you. Let me know where I said “I” wanted to boot the guy. If you cannot find proof that’s what I wanted to do then do not post again.
Are you serious?
jeaton6 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:02 am I’ve suggested we ... 2) replace him now rather than the team getting autopicked the rest of then draft.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm

^^ lmao.
As the kids say.. Or used to say?
"Schooled".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:00 pm

jeaton6 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 am Find the holier than thou attitude in this thread hilarious because in my 30+ startups I’ve found 50/50 who are fine with pace and other half who are not. Personally I tend to not care too much at all and am a big believer in letting people use their time allotted. That said, as I mentioned it turns out this was purposeful (long story short he was mad that someone agreed verbally to a trade but the trade never went through because this guy never actually put it in the system so the other guy ended up going in another direction) but this guy decided he still would hold the league hostage for 8 hours Plus another 6 on the next pick. Not buying that half of you here haven’t ever bitched about pace, not for a second. Good to see the solid dialogue here. Would love to join a startup up with those of you who feel so passionate about this and test your patience. If you’ve got one that you’re getting in PM me.
Definitely have. BUT, they are within there rights. It sucks, no doubt, when a guy is obviously taking the league hostage. It just happened in a league I am in. 2 guys, actually. They were at 1.11 and 1.12, so they had 4 picks between them even 2 rounds. It was a long process every 2 rounds. These owners don't respond to trade offers, either. These type of owners end up alienating themselves from other leagmuemates as people stop trying to deal with them. I have already given up on these 2 owners at least on any type of negotiating. If they send me an offer I can just accept, sure, I'd deal with them, if not I won't bother, and I know other league mates are at the same point as me. Guys like this either change their ways when they realize nobody wants to deal with them, or often end up leaving leagues. That's why it's important to have good rules in place that don't allow trading of future picks without paying etc.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm
Are you serious?
jeaton6 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:02 am I’ve suggested we ... 2) replace him now rather than the team getting autopicked the rest of then draft.
LAWYERED

:clap:

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon May 07, 2018 4:01 am

DISCLAIMER: I only read page 1 before replying because I'm lazy

A 12 hour clock is in place to accommodate differing schedules and trade talks and things of that nature to avoid an auto-pick situation.

I think taking a 12 hour+ clock down to the wire over and over is terrible ettiquette. It's one of those "Breaking the spirit of the rule" things where you aren't breaking any rules if you are doing it, but wtf man.

But he's not doing anything illegal and he paid in to the league already so I don't think you should kick him out...this year...but if it persists the entire draft you could certainly sit down with the other owners next offseason and either change the rule or have that awkward talk with the guy and let him know that the league wants to, to be tactful, "go in a different direction"

Then again I think there's a huge difference between taking all your allotted time in March vs doing it in August. There's no hurry then, and to be honest it probably is researching, tape grinding those youtube highlight reels and whatnot lol, because he might not know bleep about the incoming rookies when the actual draft hasn't even happened yet lol.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm
Are you serious?

would LOVE to see him have a response to this :clap: :clap: :clap:
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 07, 2018 10:04 am

No coincidence he never posted again.