3) Keep allowing him the full 12 hours per pick
80%

Total votes: 106

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Re: START-UP guy has gone radio silent, how to handle

Postby Wolfepack28 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Why are you guys hounding him in PM’s if he hasn’t broken a rule? Radio silent? No. More like he’s offended by the fact that you guys are questioning why he isn’t picking players quicker. Man this thread really blew up in commish’s face here lol. DON’T MAKE RULES AND THEN TRY TO HARRASS SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE OPERATING UNDER THE RULES. Stop harrassing him. Not a good look and don’t expect many people on here to respond to any “owners wanted” ads you may post. People remember these things lol

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm

I think it's a great idea that the commish posted this topic.

Drag lagging can be frustrating when the tensions are running high, and news is breaking that could affect guys in your queue but the lag time could cause other owners to pounce.

So it's good for the commish & leaguemates to post this & get reassurance that the correct thing to do is swallow it and play by the rules rather than go to extremes like kicking the owner out. And learn from it when crafting the draft expectations & timers for future drafts in this league or any other league.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 pm

kamihamster wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 am

Do you know what the guys job is? Maybe he can't have his phone on him at all times or doesn't have a signal where he works and has to be on a computer to make his picks. He probably did want to do some thinking but then had to do some work or had a sick kid to tend to and life just got in the way. If you dont like that he's taking so much time change the rules... but right now he's not breaking any rules... he's just not as fast as you'd like him to be.

This. I work in a large manufacturing facility and i could get fired for having my phone out on the production floor. Thats 12 hours of radio silence from me (Monday thru Friday 7AM until the supervisors go home. Night shifts and weekends i have more....errrm....flexability. Dont tell my boss :shh: ). I was in a draft last year and people were complaining about people taking 3 or 4 hours between picks. Buncha redrafters playing at Dynasty. Sheesh.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:07 pm

motherlode wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 pm
kamihamster wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 am

Do you know what the guys job is? Maybe he can't have his phone on him at all times or doesn't have a signal where he works and has to be on a computer to make his picks. He probably did want to do some thinking but then had to do some work or had a sick kid to tend to and life just got in the way. If you dont like that he's taking so much time change the rules... but right now he's not breaking any rules... he's just not as fast as you'd like him to be.

This. I work in a large manufacturing facility and i could get fired for having my phone out on the production floor. Thats 12 hours of radio silence from me (Monday thru Friday 7AM until the supervisors go home. Night shifts and weekends i have more....errrm....flexability. Dont tell my boss :shh: ). I was in a draft last year and people were complaining about people taking 3 or 4 hours between picks. Buncha redrafters playing at Dynasty. Sheesh.
I'm assuming that you communicated this to the other owners? All it takes is communication, and then if they have a problem, it's on them for being donktards.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:24 pm

How is this even a thing?
You put a 12-hour clock and then complain if it goes 12 hours..

It is honestly stupid to even suggest booting him for that.

I know with myself - there are easily intervals where I won't access my cell phone for personal use for 8-10 hours, let alone have the time to make a draft pick.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:33 pm

The funny thing is people think this mystery owner hasn’t communicated but he has. He did respond the first time and said he essentially needs more time (according to the OP this response would have taken place within the first 4 hours). It’s the 8 hours of continued harassment from multiple owners (the OP details this for us) that he didn’t respond to. His next pick he is again bombarded with multiple messages within the first 5 hours of his allotted time. He could be working, sleeping, anything. This is all according to the OP!

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wolfepack28 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:57 pm

OP has gone radio silent. What gives?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Curious if anyone will admit to being one of the 10 who voted to boot the guy acting within the rules.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Wolfepack28 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:57 pm OP has gone radio silent. What gives?
Can we vote to remove the OP from the forum?
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Wait, so a guy doesn't pick until the end of his allotted 12 hours and also doesn't respond to any messages during the same time frame?

It's almost as if he was..........................busy. :dance:

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Bad News Barrett wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pm
Wolfepack28 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:57 pm OP has gone radio silent. What gives?
If only he communicated...

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Bad News Barrett wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pm
all due respect he should be forced to stay and educated for his and his league mates good plus its hilarious fun when instant karma places a metal bike rack right where a young skater dudes onions land after skating down a hand rail!.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:35 pm

I personally feel like the 12 hour clock is a courtesy to allow for life to occur, with the understanding that owners shouldn’t be default use all 12 hours on each pick. I get that they are entitled to it, but I thought this was an understood item. If you can’t make the pick, it is ideal for at least acknowledgement, either that pick or at the outset, that you will need extra time due to X. Frankly, if every owner took the 12 hours I wouldn’t even want to participate in a startup.

I don’t agree with kicking anyone, or changing rules...or constant harassment, but I understand the frustration and desire to determine how to speed an owner up. Owners should have a plan as their pick approaches, not simply start their investigation when they hit the clock. I actually think many who have commented, as dynasty fanatics commenting on a message board, would be similarly annoyed if this occurred in their league, but simply are speaking in generalities with their responses by not acknowledging how annoying this can be in a real situation. Startup excitement in a league chat and conversation for ‘when’s the next pick already!’ Is pretty common place in startups I’ve been in...though I acknowledge it has never resulted in rule changes, kickings from league, or anything further than the general chat ‘harassment’. Perhaps it speeds them up, perhaps it doesn’t. Frankly, the owner can ignore the chat if they don’t want to see/acknowledge it, or give the courtesy of his situation.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Think this is a communication issue, and both sides have seem to have fallen short. Like Fireman said, the draft clock is not an open invitation for everyone to take their full allotted time to make each pick. If you go into a draft knowing that you will be burning up a lot of clock, have the courtesy of letting your drafters know.

On the flip side, I have been in a few startups drafts, and it seems that there's always a few (and not just one or two) guys who put pressure on everyone to make picks quickly. I get it if it's August... but this usually happens in early spring, when we have 6 months.

:wall:

People should enjoy drafts. Take their time when needed. Allow others to take their time, provided they are reasonably courteous about it.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert