Gore to Miami

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Re: Gore to Miami

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Just daydreaming here, but I would really like to see Miami draft Nick Chubb in the late 1st-mid 3rd range to pair up with and learn from Frank Gore as a mentor. Similar-ish styles of play, both constantly praised for the professionalism/work ethic/love for the game, both had what were--at their respective times--considered devastating knee injuries in college.

**Also, and I am surprised I haven not seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but Frank Gore was born in Miami, went to the University of Miami, and now gets to finish his career with the Miami Dolphins. That is a pretty cool Marshawn Lynch-like homecoming story.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm Just daydreaming here, but I would really like to see Miami draft Nick Chubb in the late 1st-mid 3rd range to pair up with and learn from Frank Gore as a mentor. Similar-ish styles of play, both constantly praised for the professionalism/work ethic/love for the game, both had what were--at their respective times--considered devastating knee injuries in college.

**Also, and I am surprised I haven not seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but Frank Gore was born in Miami, went to the University of Miami, and now gets to finish his career with the Miami Dolphins. That is a pretty cool Marshawn Lynch-like homecoming story.
I like Chubb and hope he goes to an offense that isn't a complete dumpster fire
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:52 am

I think this is your window to sell Drake. Signing a non-threat behind him has clearly given him a little value bump. Time to move him before CJA or DeMarco Murray or a rookie joins the fray. You might lose a little bit of value if you sell him now and they don't draft a threat, but I'd argue that it's worth it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:15 am

Gore won't do anything! He's old AF!
- Dyno players every offseason.

I wouldn't expect an RB2 season out of him... But maybe a late RB3 / low RB4 type season? Nothing amazing, but for a RB that's gonna be 35 soon, that's pretty awesome.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 am

BEST case for Drake, here's why:
- With the amount of quality RB's currently in the NFL and coming out of the draft every year it was inevitable that MIA brings in RB help.
- Gore wants to retire in Miami so he probably doesn't care how many touches he's getting.
- Gore will be a great mentor to Drake
- Gore coming in is not a threat to Drake's starting role whereas a top rookie or higher profile FA RB would be a threat
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

Great signing for Miami since they got him at the vet minimum. I think they still draft somebody in the 3-5 round. Gore seems like a great guy to have to teach Drake and a rookie.

If it ends up being just Drake and Gore, Gore is worth a roster spot in any league. I think his contract suggests he is not expecting a lot of work, so I don't think that is it for the fins.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

eNdblu wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:15 am Gore won't do anything! He's old AF!
- Dyno players every offseason.

I wouldn't expect an RB2 season out of him... But maybe a late RB3 / low RB4 type season? Nothing amazing, but for a RB that's gonna be 35 soon, that's pretty awesome.
This is funny. I think I sold him for the 2.12 after he signed with the colts. I didn't need the RB depth that year and "he'd be retired by the next offseason" was my thinking. Probably could have used the RB depth he offered the last few years more than Sammie Coates...
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:28 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 pm I think because a lot of people expected Miami to bring in someone better to compete.
That was my thinking, and they still may via the draft?

But Gore is turning 35 in May, and that's just crazy old for a RB. I would not feel comfortable projecting a decent amount of carries, YPC, or games played for a player with the amount of mileage he's racked-up. It's like counting on that Subaru with 180,000 miles on the odometer to just keep chugging along.

At some point, it won't.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:51 am

Drake owners' famous last words: "Gore won't cut into Drake's touches much if at all! He's there to mentor/retire."
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Obviously, us Drake owners didn't want a RB added to the backfield, but we know they were going to bring in a F/A or through the draft. Bringing in a vet who can grind out 3.5 yards a carry is best case scenario.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Drake put up some decent numbers when Damien Williams and he were splitting work. I imagine if Gore and Drake were to split the carries similarly, Drake would put up similar numbers.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:38 pm

j2cain wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:29 pm Obviously, us Drake owners didn't want a RB added to the backfield, but we know they were going to bring in a F/A or through the draft. Bringing in a vet who can grind out 3.5 yards a carry is best case scenario.
This is why Drake is a sell. While this is all true, signing Gore does not preclude Miami from drafting a RB, but it seems as though people think that it does.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:51 am Drake owners' famous last words: "Gore won't cut into Drake's touches much if at all! He's there to mentor/retire."
So a reverse Arian Foster

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:44 pm

I’m a lot happier with Gore signing than Murray or someone like that. If nothing else, Drake is going to get a bunch of the 3rd down work plus quite a bit of time on 1st/2nd down. Now if they draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2, then that changes everything.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:45 pm

What if they take Penny in the 4th?