Is it me, or did Andy Reid just finish building the same offense he had in Philly?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Is it me, or did Andy Reid just finish building the same offense he had in Philly?

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 pm

It is well known the type of offense Andy Reid likes to run, and it's been obvious since day 1 that he's been successful in bringing it to KC. Not only did he turn a 2-14 team into an 11-5 team the first year he was brought in, but took a team that finished LAST in the division 4 of the previous 5 years prior to his arrival and turned it into a team consistently at the top of the division, finishing 1st or 2nd in the division during all 5 of his years there so far.

Now all of this is obvious, and been well spoken of. However, aside from the system working in general, with minor adjustments here and there due to some players not having the same skill set as previous players (see Alex Smith - plugged in for the sake of keeping competitive, keeping his job, showing his system will work, showing he can adjust etc.), does Reid have the players to go with his system to fully blow up and become the offensive fantasy scoring juggarnaut like hsi eagles were in the 2000s?

It's been fun watching him build, similar to orphan fantasy owners re-building a fantasy team - making it "there own". I feel Andy Reid has finally made this team "his own" and I think they are going to blow up fantasy boards this season on.

QB: After immediately grabbing Alex Smith during his arrival at KC, he used him as an excellent game manager while he built - so he wouldn't waste precious prime years of his future franchise QB. Waited to draft a QB until finally Mahomes, and even let him develop a year behind Smith patiently, instead of immediately thrusting him into the fire - risking ruining his future by potentially destroying his confidence.

Is Mahomes his future atheltic gunslinger? Similar to McNabb, and Vick?

WR: Is this Sammy/Tyreek duo his new Maclin/DeSean jackson?

RB: I think it's unarguable that Hunt is his new RB toy. Very similar Skill set to Shady when it comes to elusiveness (1st most elusive RB of 2017 -http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ning-backs) with a little more power than Shady had, could lead to many huge seasons for Hunt in the future. Everyone is predicting a decline this upcoming season in Hunt's production, which is expected - However, even so, I dont think this past season will be his "career year".

TE: Kelce. Enough Said. Much better Celek/Smith/whoever you want to mention here.

Anyways, I'm at work and a lot more I want to say, so I'll have to come back to this because I need to get some actual work done. Just fun watching one of my favorite coaches to watch successfully rebuild - and I have been slowly draftign and trading for KC players over the years due to my trust in an Andy Reid offense with much success - and have now bought Sammy everywhere I could where I could get him cheap with the hopes that people connect WR's and KC as fantasy irrelevant due to recent years and people being biased towards recency. However, I think the KC WR slump is about to be forgotten about as Mahomes gets unleashed.

TLDR: Buy Sammy Shares.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Is it me, or did Andy Reid just finish building the same offense he had in Philly?

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:48 pm

its you in short
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is it me, or did Andy Reid just finish building the same offense he had in Philly?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Shady was a much better talent than Hunt, and I believe that was Hunt's career year. I would not touch Watkins unless it was for very cheap. Mahomes reminds me of Jeff George.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Can you delete this post and re-post it later after I've bought a few more Sammy shares. ;)

Seriously - I quite agree with your take on what Andy Reid is doing in KC. Should be fun to watch it play out.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm

andy reid is like santa more or less - usually by the end of december he is done until about labor day when activity starts to ramp up again when people get in the spirit .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Watkins and Maclin don't seem all that similar to me, and neither do Hunt and McCoy (they're a bit inverted; McCoy's 40 and agility score were good and great respectively and his burst scores were utterly abysmal, while Hunt's 40 and agility scores were lacking but his burst scores were okay). He also never had a TE like Kelce in Philly.

The Hill and DeSean Jackson loose comparison I'll grant you. Although I think Hill is more like a bizarro Percy Harvin that's actually comfortable running vertical routes and making over-the-shoulder catches.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Honestly the only thing missing is a stud WR with size and speed. If they had signed Moncrief, I would literally pay ANY combination of Firsts for him, in that KC offense.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm

I believe that Hunts best profile comparisons are actually Frank Gore and Isaiah Crowell.

I'm thinking the OP is not going for straight player to player comparisons, more of what roles he envisions each to have, and the fact that the Reid Eagles offenses were usually top 10 in the early to mid 2000s.

Oh and I wish I had thought of what lukky said - Moncrief to the Chiefs would have been sweet.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jimmy jr.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jimmy jr. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Yes , I think you're on to something , but I agree a big body at WR would have made it complete . Some say Mahomes is comparable to Jeff George , may be , but if it turns out he's not .... LOOK OUT !
Full Dynasty for (34 yrs.) 10 Teams ppr R. Wilson, K. Murray , W. Levis , K. Cousins.

./ , A. Kamara, S. Barkley , N. Harris , K. Williams, G. Edwards, K. Miller/. ,Godwin, .DK , A.J. Brown, C. Olave, T. Burks, M. Mims, Tank Dell / M. Andrews, T. McBride, D. Waller. / H. Buckner , J . Moody / Patriots & Rams .

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:50 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm andy reid is like santa more or less - usually by the end of december he is done until about labor day when activity starts to ramp up again when people get in the spirit .
That's disrespectful to Santa. St. Nick has great clock management. Every year he delivers the presents on time before children wake up on Christmas morning. Reid can't even execute a 2 minute drill.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:50 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm andy reid is like santa more or less - usually by the end of december he is done until about labor day when activity starts to ramp up again when people get in the spirit .
That's disrespectful to Santa. St. Nick has great clock management. Every year he delivers the presents on time before children wake up on Christmas morning. Reid can't even execute a 2 minute drill.
:lol: :clap: Nice one!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:04 pm

So Chiefs aren't going to win a superbowl either until they replace Reid?

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:04 pm So Chiefs aren't going to win a superbowl either until they replace Reid?
BINGO.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:04 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:50 pm
laying the fiddle of gold at rookie pro's feet and slinking away now ! :oops:
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci