Superflex startup 1.01?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Superflex startup 1.01?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Also depends on how many non-QBs you’re starting and how many points passing TDs are. If it’s 6 point and QB-SF-2RB-2WR-TE I’m more inclined to take a QB in 0.5 PPR. But if you have a bunch of starters and passing TDs are 4 pts, like a QB-SF-2RB-3WR-TE-2Flex, it’s reasonable to take OBJ/Nuk/Gurley/Zeke and then go QB-QB at 24-25.

As always, the real answer is to trade down a few spots with whoever will overpay you.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:34 am

Couldn’t trade down because there weren’t any takers. I would have probably taken a loss in the trade to move down a little (not a significant loss but I certainly didn’t need an overpay). Ended up taking Wentz as I like his mix of youth and upside. Maybe not many people’s 1.01 overall, but I thought a solid foundation. I prefer to go QB-QB in the first two rounds (occasionally I’ll let my 2nd QB slide to the 3rd round depending on how the draft goes). It’s been a pretty light QB draft so far though, and the startup has gone closer to a 1QB startup with a few QBs thrown in. I like my foundation though, as I grabbed Wentz #1 and drafted Stafford and Keenan Allen at the 2.12/3.01 turn. I may not be competitive this year due to the other skilled positions, but I would much rather have to worry about replacing RB or WR down the road, as opposed to having to find QBs.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:34 am Couldn’t trade down because there weren’t any takers. I would have probably taken a loss in the trade to move down a little (not a significant loss but I certainly didn’t need an overpay). Ended up taking Wentz as I like his mix of youth and upside. Maybe not many people’s 1.01 overall, but I thought a solid foundation. I prefer to go QB-QB in the first two rounds (occasionally I’ll let my 2nd QB slide to the 3rd round depending on how the draft goes). It’s been a pretty light QB draft so far though, and the startup has gone closer to a 1QB startup with a few QBs thrown in. I like my foundation though, as I grabbed Wentz #1 and drafted Stafford and Keenan Allen at the 2.12/3.01 turn. I may not be competitive this year due to the other skilled positions, but I would much rather have to worry about replacing RB or WR down the road, as opposed to having to find QBs.
Feel free to keep posting how your draft goes. I think you made the right pick, and there is a good chance you will be competitive because you'll be one of the few with Solid QB play.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Sounds like a good start. Let us know how it goes. As you've seen, I've got a superflex startup coming and I've never done one before
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

i'll sign off on that start, although I haven't charted Keenan versus the other RBs/WRs when you downgrade from 1ppr to .5ppr.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 am

viewtopic.php?f=160&t=157322

Moved it to the “correct” sub.