Chad Williams, diamond in the rough?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Chad Williams, diamond in the rough?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm
ericanadian wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm Some beat writer projecting Williams to start across from Fitz now. Arians was pretty solid at picking out the undersized receivers (Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, John Brown) and he seemed to like this guy quite a bit. Granted, it seemed like each one was worse than the last and who knows what level of involvement he actually had with Brown as Brown broke out after he left. It's been interesting enough to me to pick him up in both my leagues. I don't hate Bradford for the short term and if Williams can take the number two receiver role, he's pretty much certain to be the number three target and likely the main target downfield.
Williams is 6 ft 1 and 205, I don't think that is really, "undersized"?
For some reason, I thought he was shorter. It kinda kills the narrative, but I'm not sure it's really a bad thing.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm

I literally just dropped him last week after holding him most of last season and all this off season...

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:54 pm

I much prefer Mack Hollins
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 pm

id rather own williams than fitz

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Think the shelf life will be short on this one, meaning we should definitely find out early in the season whether or not he is something or not..
@PlankMelody

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:13 am

Arians raved about Williams in practice last season. (Cant remember where I read that)
He publicly threw him under the bus later and deactivated him for most of the season.

I need to see Williams actually play good pro football before I'll get optimistic about him. The WR chart last year was very climbable, and yet Williams was a healthy scratch 10 of 16 weeks.

I will say that Christian Kirk is miscast as an outside-WR, if Arizona's actually dumb enough to do that to him. So if Fitz is gonna stay in the slot, then I won't dismiss Williams' chances of unseating Nelson/Butler/Kirk as a starter in 2/3-wide. But does that actually represent real opportunity? I envision a scenario in which Arizona sans Arians becomes a very low passing yardage offense and that the boundary receivers in 3-wide are only used as vertical decoys to pull safeties out of the box and make David Johnson's life easier. If so, those boundary receivers won't prosper, maybe not even as boom or bust weekly plays, as Bradford has been gun-shy attacking vertically his entire career and Rosen's deep-ball is one of his weakest traits.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:13 am

Liked him last year, but I've soured since. Might still be worth a flier for another year as who knows what to expect from the Cards the next few years.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:24 pm

CHAD WILLIAMS HYPE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Fitzgerald isn't going to be around forever and who knows Kirk could be a bust . Hes a decent stash right now id say.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:08 pm

DJB wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:15 pm Fitzgerald isn't going to be around forever and who knows Kirk could be a bust . Hes a decent stash right now id say.
It's also possible both the youngesters are good. Actually think that's my impression here.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:28 am

Rough to see a diamond in there 8-) :geek: :ugeek:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:37 pm

So on the plus side, he's led the WRs in snaps in week two and was second on the team in week one. Unfortunately, he's only gotten three targets in each game and has yet to catch one. Has anyone had the fortitude to actually watch the garbage the Cards are calling football? Is this just a product of the line not giving Bradford enough time to go to Williams, who I assume is mostly running the deep routes and Bradford being inaccurate when he goes that direction or is Williams just not getting open and has garbage hands?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 am

I second this request ^^^
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:37 pm So on the plus side, he's led the WRs in snaps in week two and was second on the team in week one. Unfortunately, he's only gotten three targets in each game and has yet to catch one. Has anyone had the fortitude to actually watch the garbage the Cards are calling football? Is this just a product of the line not giving Bradford enough time to go to Williams, who I assume is mostly running the deep routes and Bradford being inaccurate when he goes that direction or is Williams just not getting open and has garbage hands?
I watch most games, including some of the Cards games.
From what I've seen it's a combination of things. The line has been poor, the playcalling has been atrocious and very predictable, and Bradford has been utterly awful. I cannot believe he is starting again this week. I think he's essentially just so skittish and in shell-shock mode, similar to Eli in NY, because they are both under constant pressure and are not mobile qbs.
Even when Bradford had time though, he looked bad. I'd hold off evaluating the skill players at this point. There was I think 2 opportunities for Williams to make a very contested catch on tough balls that he didn't make, but I'm not holding that too hard against him.

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am

In a league where I drafted him and subsequently drafted Christian Kirk, I dropped him this week for Higgins. He’s getting a lot of snaps but minimal targets/production.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs