General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: Best Sell-High Method?

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:05 pm

kaius wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:48 pm
I'd much rather target other high value players and make offers. Personally when a players stock rises, for whatever reason, and the owner now says they're on the block I immediately feel like they're trying to gouge me based on the player's newfound value and as such I'm way less likely to even bother making an offer for the player.
This is what worries me most about just putting a guy on the block, or announcing he is available. I'm not an aggressive seller, so it's not natural for me anyway, but I've been worrying that maybe I'm missing out on a very useful tool.
Theres nothing wrong with the trading block, it's more when you see a guy get put up almost immediately after some favorable news or you hear the owner talking the guy up right before he puts the guy on the block that I just instantly want nothing to do with them.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 am

I feel like people are either good traders or not so much. It’s almost like a talent. So some people are just going to have an easier time negotiating than others.
I will say that knowing the other owner’s tendencies and behavior is a big part of it. Sometimes I low ball, sometimes I walk you to the offer I’m looking for so you think you came up with it, sometimes I give u the best offer first, and sometimes I’ll just send a blind offer over. It really depends on your owner persona. Different tactics work best on different personalities. Knowing and exploiting this is almost more important than whatever players are actually involved in the deal.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:58 am

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 amsometimes I walk you to the offer I’m looking for so you think you came up with it
Haha yes this is one of the best feelings in the world when you can pull it off.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am

Im probably the easiest to trade with, I either want the guy or I don't, for example last season
I wanted Crowell in the worst way, idk I just like the guy, I have a thing for owning Browns lol

Just sent he guy an offer to cut to the chase 2 2018 seconds and James white

I didn't feel like sitting there going back and forth, and running into the risk of another owner getting him.

he accepted.

Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.
last season I also made a trade I wanted Theilen as well

Just offered Matt Ryan and Dede Westbrook he had a lot of hype

got
Rivers, Theilen and a 2019 second round.

Someone like me isint looking to always be the winner of a trade, as long as im happy its a win
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:54 am

own jerick mckinnon or trey burton ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

One of the problems with throwing guys up on the trade block or posting a message is that people assume when you're looking to move someone, you're going to move them at less than their consensus value. It usually results in a lot of lowball offers.

I prefer to just do the legwork myself and send out some offers involving them.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kaius » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:54 am own jerick mckinnon or trey burton ?
heh, no
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:02 am

Sell low scenarios:
You put someone on the block like OBJ this week like in one of my leagues, i know the fighting reports scare you.
Another guy in one league tried to be slick & with in an hour of Bell saying he’d consider retiring Sent me an offer.
Offtopic but sell lows are obvious to me, if your one of those people your leaguemates will sniff out if your selling high!! I feel like if I’m going to sell high if it’s a 2 for 1 deal where I get the best player. I’ll try to mask the sell high as the 2nd best player in the deal if I can. If I can’t get a 2for1, I’ll aim for picks.

I don’t announce anything ever, I do my HW & see who has a need. I like for most of my trades to help the owner today. It creates a nice trade rapport next time. I’ll generally target youth over production, or potential if a guy is injured but a far superior talent. It’s helped me personally more than hurt me.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 am

I never understood announcing that players are on the block. It's pretty much a dead giveaway that you don't believe in the player's current value going forward to some degree. If everyone knows you're trying to get rid of a player, they're not going to give you their best offer.

If you want to sell high, act like you don't want to sell high. Target a player that you like more, gradually build up the offers to the point where it gets to the player you want to sell high on. That way, it looks like you're improving your offer each time, you're not necessarily shopping the player either, and you don't give away that you're trying to sell high.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:44 am

The trade block is a useful tool. I've only used it three players, two of which were traded from using it:
-Ajayi, traded in November for a 2019 1st, 2018 2nd, and 2020 3rd
-Crabtree, traded him on Friday for a 2019 2nd
The trade block creates conversations, but you can still control the conversation. Just because your making it known that your willing to sell one of your assets, it doesn't mean it's an open invitation for being haggled. That's like saying pawn shop owners are easily swayed because their making it known that all of their merchandise is for sale. Good luck with that.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 am I never understood announcing that players are on the block. It's pretty much a dead giveaway that you don't believe in the player's current value going forward to some degree. If everyone knows you're trying to get rid of a player, they're not going to give you their best offer.
Not necessarily, there's a lot of reasons why people want to trade players that don't have much to do with thinking they are overvalued. You might have a need at another position, you might be going after rookie picks (rookie fever!), you might simply be trying to convert an aging roster to a more youthful one or maybe you're looking to sell a younger upside guy for an older more stable guy.

I typically put players on my trade block that I think I have a chance of getting fair value for, i'm not thinking every player i put on the block is overvalued.

You're right in that you will get a lot of low-ball offers, but on the positive side at least it gets the conversation going.