Jets Move Up to 3

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Big Tuna
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Jets Move Up to 3

Postby Big Tuna » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am

Jets are all about best player avaliable, Saquon the Bronx kid who's expressed the love him and his pops have for the Jets, if he falls to 3, it'll be pretty hard to pass up whether the plan to trade up was for a QB all along.

* Jets fan

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am

Here’s hoping Darnold bombs his pro-day, falls to 3 and ends my lifelong search for a franchise QB.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:29 am

Must be for a QB I never believed giants would go for Barkley. I see the bucs to take Barkley at 7
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:44 am

Big Tuna wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am Jets are all about best player avaliable, Saquon the Bronx kid who's expressed the love him and his pops have for the Jets, if he falls to 3, it'll be pretty hard to pass up whether the plan to trade up was for a QB all along.

* Jets fan
Can't see them trading all those picks to draft a RB. They just signed Crowell, I think they are fine with him there. The fact they only signed Teddy to a 1 year deal shows no confidence in him. I think it has to be a QB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am I think it's a great move for the Colts. Brown's would be smart to take a haul for the 4th pick from the bills.
No, the Browns would be smart to grab Chubb if he is available. Imagine two studly bookends to the DLine and a franchise QB. The Browns could look like they are just about done with their rebuild around this time next year.
The standard is the standard.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm

It seems to me that usually when a team moves up, it is because they have a guy in mind and want to make sure they get that guy, so I dont feel as though they would move up just to make sure that one of 3 guys they like fall to them.

Maybe they have 2 guys they are torn about.

Or maybe fantasy football has rubbed off on them and they felt it cheaper to buy now, and sell on draft night. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Maybe the Giants wouldn't move the second pick to the Jets. They compete for the same market, so it's probably even worse than a division rival. Still wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants make a deal with the Bills to move back. Bringing in guys like JStew isn't something I expect from a team focused on the future.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Explore this: instead of trading up, the Jets should have traded down.

Arguably, they have more holes on their roster than any other team in the NFL. Granted that they didn't have to give up their 1st in 2019, but 3 second-round picks could translate into 2-3 potential starters for them. I would have liked to see them trading down, potentially getting another 1st in 2019 in return. They could then use their bevy of picks to round out their roster, have the inside track at pick 1.01 next year (or, worst case, have already acquired the additional picks to move up a few spots), and take their QB there.

Even if this QB hits, I don't think that the Jets have a good enough team to compete. And, without the draft picks that they gave up, it might take a couple of years to build that team. We all know what happens to good QBs whose teams around them are bereft of talent...
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm

moishetreats wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:23 pm Explore this: instead of trading up, the Jets should have traded down.

Arguably, they have more holes on their roster than any other team in the NFL. Granted that they didn't have to give up their 1st in 2019, but 3 second-round picks could translate into 2-3 potential starters for them. I would have liked to see them trading down, potentially getting another 1st in 2019 in return. They could then use their bevy of picks to round out their roster, have the inside track at pick 1.01 next year (or, worst case, have already acquired the additional picks to move up a few spots), and take their QB there.

Even if this QB hits, I don't think that the Jets have a good enough team to compete. And, without the draft picks that they gave up, it might take a couple of years to build that team. We all know what happens to good QBs whose teams around them are bereft of talent...
I agree with this from a football standpoint.

However, the Jets are an entertainment business in New York City. They need to sell tickets. McCown and Teddy B don't really do that. A super hyped top five rookie QB? That'll get some headlines and move tickets.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Bold prediction: 5 QB’s go in the top 5 picks because the Browns trade out of 4 and the Colts draft Barkley anyway. 😉
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:04 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 am Guess the window to sell Teddy has closed
Going to need to show this to the guy that offered me Teddy for my 1.05 (superflex but :surprised: )
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Interesting move. For the Giants to turn down an offer like that from the Jets their management is either inept or they're sold on a QB at #2. The Browns are also most likely to take a QB at #1. So the Jets either have some strong information about which QBs will be gone or they're fine with any of the top 3.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:33 pm

ppm wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 pm Interesting move. For the Giants to turn down an offer like that from the Jets their management is either inept or they're sold on a QB at #2. The Browns are also most likely to take a QB at #1. So the Jets either have some strong information about which QBs will be gone or they're fine with any of the top 3.
It's the last one in my opinion. I think the Jets have been analyzing QB's and have a top 3 that they really like and feel there is a fall off from there. Hence their willingness to "over pay" into a position that nets them a guy they really like.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:37 pm

I don’t understand these people saying teams like the browns and jets should pass up the opportunity to draft a franchise qb. You aren’t always in position to draft one, and there may be years where not a single franchise qb is in the draft class. If you can go get one you do it, it’s that simple

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:37 pm I don’t understand these people saying teams like the browns and jets should pass up the opportunity to draft a franchise qb. You aren’t always in position to draft one, and there may be years where not a single franchise qb is in the draft class. If you can go get one you do it, it’s that simple
Same goes for dynasty roster building, IMO. Don't pass on a superior RB or QB because you're supposed to build WRs first.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.