Jeremy Hill

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jeremy Hill

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am

I remember when no one wanted anything to do with NE RBs. Now they sign a bad RB to an already crowded backfield and people are getting excited. Gillislee got a lot of love last year and ended up being a bust for most of the year. I think Gillislee is a much better back than Hill, so not sure what to expect from him.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am

I like Gillislee too. He rode the pine a lot last year though. Just like always with NE I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out...Hill will be on my bench for the most part. On bye weeks I can roll the dice with him and hope he gets one of those crazy 4 TD games or something 🤞

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am

If you are going to own NE RBs, own the cheapest ones. Just like Dion Lewis last offseason after James White blew up in Super Bowl and Burkhead came in free agency. Never hurts to throw darts at a high scoring offense like New England and maybe get lucky.

I bought Hill & Gillislee for peanuts this offseason and don't mind how that's working out at all. If just one of them has a stretch of fantasy relevance that's all gravy.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:04 pm

dude had two fluke, long runs and some goal line work on a good offense. He was never "good." He's worth holding to see if he can get the goal-line/clock killer role with NE but don't kid yourself thinking he was ever more than that.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am I remember when no one wanted anything to do with NE RBs. Now they sign a bad RB to an already crowded backfield and people are getting excited. Gillislee got a lot of love last year and ended up being a bust for most of the year. I think Gillislee is a much better back than Hill, so not sure what to expect from him.
I think the algorithm makes some sense. If the guy is a hyped up player that people think can excel, then NE is a bad landing spot because of the musical chairs they play with RBs. But if the guy is a bum that people are down on and has zero value, then NE is a good spot because they've revatalized those kinds of guys before and a committee piece of a great offense may be a best case scenario for them.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am I remember when no one wanted anything to do with NE RBs. Now they sign a bad RB to an already crowded backfield and people are getting excited. Gillislee got a lot of love last year and ended up being a bust for most of the year. I think Gillislee is a much better back than Hill, so not sure what to expect from him.
I think the algorithm makes some sense. If the guy is a hyped up player that people think can excel, then NE is a bad landing spot because of the musical chairs they play with RBs. But if the guy is a bum that people are down on and has zero value, then NE is a good spot because they've revatalized those kinds of guys before and a committee piece of a great offense may be a best case scenario for them.
Nailed it.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)