Captain
Captain

Re: When agreed deal gets changed...

Postby hjernazian » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:50 pm

saw061600 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm What do you do when:
Owner agrees to deal.
Deal sent.
Owner rejects deal.
Owner sends modified, to their benefit, deal to you (without a word or explanation, just sends over like they never agreed to deal).

For me...I'm sending back my original offer except I'm moving my pick from his 3.02 to the 2.02 I should have asked for to begin with. SMH.
Nothing. Lick your wounds and move on. 9/10 deal discussions never get completed. And as some have suggested, try to only entertain offers put in through MFL system. However, I don't agree to this. You have a higher trade completion rate when you actually talk through the trade and come up with an understanding via dialogue. If an owner is specifically difficult repeatedly, then I would resort to MFL system or bust approach, which I've done with only 1 owner in my league.

Also, when I send a proposal I set it to expire in 24 hours and I let it be known my offer is good for 24 hours. Prompts more follow through on the side of owner B.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:16 pm

"Also, when I send a proposal I set it to expire in 24 hours and I let it be known my offer is good for 24 hours. Prompts more follow through on the side of owner B. "

As Maxwell Smart used to say ; " Ahh, the old deadline or the deal's off trick "

I usually wait 24 hrs and one minute then just after it expires tell them I was just going to accept it but now it's gone :boohoo:

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Nothing. Maybe he simply changed his mind. I’m willing to work a trade with anybody, even someone whose done that move, if it helps my team. There are owners I’m more willing to approach simply because they are easier to work with, but don’t exclude someone for any reason if it helps your team.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Honestly, I think it's kind of a rookie mistake to think that you have a deal just because someone "agrees" to it.

Not saying you're a rookie of course, but it's still a common characteristic amongst dynasty newbies.

I would never push for a trade partner to verbally agree to a deal, and then hold them to that agreement.

I try to get them to send the offer so that I can "review it". Even if I know I'll be accepting it right away. Or I'll send them an offer and tell them that I'm open for counters or feel free to accept "as-is".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 pm

I think there was just a thread on this a few months ago. It sucks but you just have to deal with it.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:52 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 pm Or I'll send them an offer and tell them that I'm open for counters or feel free to accept "as-is".
I don’t mean to make fun of this, but duhhhh! Unless you were talking about one of those offers where you send nothing, ask for the players you want, and type in the players or pieces you would like to swap or be willing to move. If that’s the case my b.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Soon it looks like both parts will have to swear on someone's life or sign with their blood to avoid that...

Seriously, as long as the instant accept function has not been switched, people can change their mind. But i must confess it never happens to me. Once the guy knows exactly what he wants and say "deal", here we go and we don't go back. Either it's done in 2 PM and 10 minutes either it's done in 5 PM and 2 days either it's not.

He just proved he is febrile or maybe he thinks you are. Go ahead.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 am

:think: A pox on the trade partner(s) that use words like "febrile" :think:

Sounds like lawyer talk that should automatically give one pause. Immediately I start searching for the devil in the details. Probably the kind of guy who tried to trade you Ryan Grant after he signed the Ravens offer sheet with insider information about his failing the physical. Hoping to catch you in a febrile condition just before you have that seizure once you find out the contract is null and void. :snooty:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 am

This same discussion comes up repeatedly on here and it's pretty straight forward. It's never a trade offer until it's in the system. That's what the system is for. I send it to you to accept or decline. No texting. No email. No chat in this app or that... It's like a house negotiation. They can sign the contracts (verbal agreement to buy) but until you are at the closing and they are handing over the cash, there is no sale.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:55 pm

skip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 am This same discussion comes up repeatedly on here and it's pretty straight forward. It's never a trade offer until it's in the system. That's what the system is for. I send it to you to accept or decline. No texting. No email. No chat in this app or that... It's like a house negotiation. They can sign the contracts (verbal agreement to buy) but until you are at the closing and they are handing over the cash, there is no sale.
It was in the system. Whole quote was something like "can't access via phone but I can do that".

The no email or other is actually in direct opposition to the results of most "how do you like to trade" polls on DLF and numerous other sites. Most people prefer to discuss before a trade offer occurs instead of just cold trade offers.

However, all that said, I guess I don't disagree with this and similar responses in that it's not really an offer until it's an offer in the system. Also, (not just in reply here) I was only asking what others do when it happens out of curiosity. I already knew what I was doing in response.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:05 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:55 pm
skip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 am This same discussion comes up repeatedly on here and it's pretty straight forward. It's never a trade offer until it's in the system. That's what the system is for. I send it to you to accept or decline. No texting. No email. No chat in this app or that... It's like a house negotiation. They can sign the contracts (verbal agreement to buy) but until you are at the closing and they are handing over the cash, there is no sale.
It was in the system. Whole quote was something like "can't access via phone but I can do that".

The no email or other is actually in direct opposition to the results of most "how do you like to trade" polls on DLF and numerous other sites. Most people prefer to discuss before a trade offer occurs instead of just cold trade offers.

However, all that said, I guess I don't disagree with this and similar responses in that it's not really an offer until it's an offer in the system. Also, (not just in reply here) I was only asking what others do when it happens out of curiosity. I already knew what I was doing in response.
I'm not suggesting not using them. What I'm saying is that assuming that they are a consummation of a deal is where I take issue. They are simply a means of negotiation. All I see here is a discussion having taken place and your potential trade partner declining the offer once it was officially on the table for acceptance.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:01 pm

To the OP, that's just incredibly bogus dude!

No way I ever deal with that guy unless it's clearly weighed in my favor and he's desperate.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Sucks but you move on. You can let them know that it isn’t what you had already agreed to, and note it for the future, but I don’t know if I’m blackballing anyone on this, thus limiting myself what is usually a limited 11 team trade option league. Don’t want to hurt yourself on something, and realistically, you’d be lying to yourself to say you’d never deal with them again, as you’d surely accept a future offer in your favor...

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

owners that act like that are prone to doing it more then once. cut your loses and move on to just dealing with the rest of the league