When agreed deal gets changed...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: When agreed deal gets changed...

Postby AussieMate » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Meh, once it came to crunch time he decided it wasn't in his best interest. bleep happens, no trade is ever official until the players have been swapped, everything before that is foreplay. Nothing to be done except don't talk trade with him again if this bothers you.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

saw061600 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm What do you do when:
Owner agrees to deal.
Deal sent.
Owner rejects deal.
Owner sends modified, to their benefit, deal to you (without a word or explanation, just sends over like they never agreed to deal).

For me...I'm sending back my original offer except I'm moving my pick from his 3.02 to the 2.02 I should have asked for to begin with. SMH.
I value communications, so if this is a deal that we hashed out, and then the other person pulls this, yeah, I'd be upset. Negotiations come first, the deal you both agree on sending is the deal. I liked your response of asking for more. And I would be tentative about dealing with this person again in the future.

If this was a cold deal you sent him, and he changed it, then yeah, that happens -then you are using the form as a negotiating tool. But if the negotiations come first, and he gets cold feet when the deal is sent, then he can man up and tell you he's changed his mind.

-oo-

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 am

Happens all the time and kinda sucks, but can't hold a person to anything that was verbal/text based. Only official sent/accepted offers matter

I would be hesitant to deal with that person again, and if a deal chat starts to come up I would tell him "We can deal with offers/counter offers until one of us accepts" not agree on an outside medium anymore

I have one owner in one of my leagues I've hit at that point. We'll chat very minutely about a player and perceived value and if it sounds like there's mutual interest, then I'll tell him to send official offers
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:57 am

This is one of the reason I rarely talk trades on Groupme or via email or text. It's a bait and switch scam.
Think of it this way...if you took your car in for repairs and the shop quoted you $200 for the repairs, then charged you $1,000...would you do business with that shop again? Most people wouldn't...but that's exactly what this idiot tried to do.
Best thing you can take away from this, is you know other owner is a scammer. Wouldn't blacklist them per se, but definitely would not go out of my way to do business with them and would definitely not discuss any trades on Groupme or email at all with them.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 am

damn so many people here were not raised properly. IF YOU AGREE TO A DEAL YOU ARE HELD TO THAT DEAL. all those who are saying ah well you cant take someones word for it until its actually sent in the system and accepted are the ones who create problems like this. Your word is what people have to take you by, you cant say one thing and do another that is the definition of backhanded and is totally foul play.

IF your opinion is that you can talk and agree to a deal but you are not held to accept that deal once sent then you really need to re-evaluate your approach and your thinking on what is right or wrong and what is ok and not ok to do in a fantasy football league (or anything in life that requires 2 sides coming to an agreement).

if this situation happened to me i would screen shot the accepted deal and times and put it on the league chat, or message board, whatever you use to communicate. If they don't wanna make it right or they accepted a different deal at the same time then at the very least it will alert the whole league to a scummy owner and it will set a tone for not being down with that type of behavior.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:07 am

I would just ask him why he decided to waste everyones's time negotiating a deal that he was ultimately going to reject and let the relationship sort itself out from there. I definitely would not do the revised deal he sent

Anyway I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it but it would lead me to be cautious and suspicious when dealing with that owner in the future
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 am all those who are saying ah well you cant take someones word for it until its actually sent in the system and accepted are the ones who create problems like this
I find the exact opposite to be true... The ones who are creating these problems are the ones who negotiate outside of the site and then back out of deals (exactly like this scenario). The ones advocating for negotiating within the system are ensuring the problem doesn't happen at all.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 am

skip wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 am all those who are saying ah well you cant take someones word for it until its actually sent in the system and accepted are the ones who create problems like this
I find the exact opposite to be true... The ones who are creating these problems are the ones who negotiate outside of the site and then back out of deals (exactly like this scenario). The ones advocating for negotiating within the system are ensuring the problem doesn't happen at all.
I don't think it matters where the deal was negotiated - well, unless it was at the end of the bar at 2:30 am - but if there is a digital trail of the negotiations and an apparent acceptance of the terms, and then the deal is reneged on when it is sent via the official site, I still call that a lack of integrity.

Most owners I deal with are usually suspicious of a deal I just send them via the trade proposal option on the website, MFL always in my case, so I try to PM them or hit them up on facebook or league chat or via text or something, just to gauge their interest in the proposal I'm considering sending. My trade proposal usually isn't my first approach at an owner, though once you get to know your owners, you know which ones will respond with a counter offer, and which ones will just ignore you.

Like Skip, I realize it isn't official until it is in the system and accepted - but there are numerous methods of negotiation, and I don't think it's too much to expect some integrity and fair dealing along the way.

-oo-