Jordan Matthews???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordan Matthews???

Postby Jfever » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:49 am interesting. Curious what that would look like as a function of average depth of target, as well as as a function of slot snap percentage.
Without digging into actual aDot numbers, it's safe to say it's not fair to compare JMatt to guys like Doug Baldwin, Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones, OBJ, AJG, etc...the guys demonstrating a relatively high catch rate paired with a high y/tgt. Those guys are catching a high percentage of their targets and accounting for a lot of yards in the process, most likely because their aDot is higher overall but I'd have to check to confirm.

But based on that idea, you can compare JMatt favorably to guys like Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Eric Decker, DT, Crabtree. JMatt outperformed a few of those guys substantially over the past four seasons he's been in the league with what I think most would agree was not good QB play and he did it at a much younger age than most.
One would think that aDot is quite dependent on the level of QB play. Id even say aDot would also hinge upon the O-line being at least serviceable in pass protection. Anyway, It is an interesting tit bit of statistics though. Also, one would think that the JMatt doubters, (the guys that are insinuating he is worth a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick :crazy: , the guys guessing he'll be off the NE squad by this time next year, or out of the NFL in 2 years :wtf: :lol: ) would have a very tough time with the above bolded portion of your response. I'm just hoping he stays healthy and his knee issue is now cleared up, ( I think the Pats would be diligent with any physical with him before trading a first round pick away....) because my gut tells me that if he stays healthy and is used like I think he could be used in that system, that his value and production are about to shoot up. :pray:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:50 am I think it has more due to his knee than his talent. There is clearly some major concerns about it from NFL teams.
If that's true then I understand being hesitant, but I usually get more of a feeling that people just think he sucks and can't catch the ball. Couldn't be farther from the truth.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 am

JFever wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 am
btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:49 am interesting. Curious what that would look like as a function of average depth of target, as well as as a function of slot snap percentage.
Without digging into actual aDot numbers, it's safe to say it's not fair to compare JMatt to guys like Doug Baldwin, Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones, OBJ, AJG, etc...the guys demonstrating a relatively high catch rate paired with a high y/tgt. Those guys are catching a high percentage of their targets and accounting for a lot of yards in the process, most likely because their aDot is higher overall but I'd have to check to confirm.

But based on that idea, you can compare JMatt favorably to guys like Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Eric Decker, DT, Crabtree. JMatt outperformed a few of those guys substantially over the past four seasons he's been in the league with what I think most would agree was not good QB play and he did it at a much younger age than most.
One would think that aDot is quite dependent on the level of QB play. Id even say aDot would also hinge upon the O-line being at least serviceable in pass protection. Anyway, It is an interesting tit bit of statistics though. Also, one would think that the JMatt doubters, (the guys that are insinuating he is worth a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick :crazy: , the guys guessing he'll be off the NE squad by this time next year, or out of the NFL in 2 years :wtf: :lol: ) would have a very tough time with the above bolded portion of your response. I'm just hoping he stays healthy and his knee issue is now cleared up, ( I think the Pats would be diligent with any physical with him before trading a first round pick away....) because my gut tells me that if he stays healthy and is used like I think he could be used in that system, that his value and production are about to shoot up. :pray:
Yeah, that knee worries me. I've already got him going in the 2nd round of the 2020 XFL mock draft. :lol: I hope he can get back into playing at a decent level, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:00 am

JFever wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 am Also, one would think that the JMatt doubters, (the guys that are insinuating he is worth a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick :crazy: , the guys guessing he'll be off the NE squad by this time next year, or out of the NFL in 2 years :wtf: :lol: ) would have a very tough time with the above bolded portion of your response.
Of course they would because it doesn't line up with the narrative that has developed about JMatt since he was traded from the Eagles and hasn't played much. But stats bare it out that as a short yardage possession type of receiver that JMatt's numbers were right up there and/or better than a lot of these guys. Keep in mind I'm doing the most cursory analysis but I'm open to explanations as to why it's wrong.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:50 am I think it has more due to his knee than his talent. There is clearly some major concerns about it from NFL teams.
This is what I'm worried about - it's why my enthusiasm is tempered even beyond the usual NEP non-Brady/Gronk fantasy crapshoot.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 am Yeah, that knee worries me. I've already got him going in the 2nd round of the 2020 XFL mock draft. :lol: I hope he can get back into playing at a decent level, though.
I went in detail on this in the team advice forum...but I just find it interesting how you pump up Malcolm Mitchell despite the massive red flags surrounding the health of his knee but use it to temper expectations on JMatt. If you look at both in a vacuum I think it's pretty clear which one you should be more concerned about (which I explained elsewhere if you want to go read it).
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:33 am

Only $170k guaranteed.. No guarantees he even makes the roster.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:33 am Only $170k guaranteed.. No guarantees he even makes the roster.
The Pats are so much better at this than everybody else.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:33 am Only $170k guaranteed.. No guarantees he even makes the roster.
Got a link?
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am

myndflyte wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am
Got a link?
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/ ... 6709282817
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:48 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am
myndflyte wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am
Got a link?
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/ ... 6709282817
Thanks!
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 am

My dynasty rival has seen and threw me an ironic offseason trashtalk "It's too scary to Hogan" after my attempt to denigrate his Chris following the JMatt sign :wall: Love this game !

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:12 am

Whom is more likely to not make the roster, CPatt, JMatt, or MMitchell? Is everyone confident that at the age of 32 / 33 that Edleman's knee will respond in a timely fashion? Mitchell hasn't been the epidemy of health.

Perhaps, some are worried about the wrong player not making the roster.

Admittedly, anything could happen. It realistically could go any which way. For my money, I'm hoping JMatt shows up and sticks it to all you negative doubters.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:21 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:29 am
I went in detail on this in the team advice forum...but I just find it interesting how you pump up Malcolm Mitchell despite the massive red flags surrounding the health of his knee but use it to temper expectations on JMatt. If you look at both in a vacuum I think it's pretty clear which one you should be more concerned about (which I explained elsewhere if you want to go read it).
I'd be interested. Can you link the page or give me the title of the thread?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:25 am

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-p ... -117129996

Main reason why Matthews signed with Patriots perhaps.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..