Marlon mack

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Marlon Mack

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:05 am He has some Karlos Williams in him. Huge and can really run but can he stay consistent? I'd avoid but the upside is nice. Could be Matt Jones II.
Karlos Williams is 6'1" 230 lbs. Mack is 5'11" 210 lbs. That's not exactly "huge" for a running back. Not unless you consider a 5'9" 210 lbs. Duke Johnson huge.

And Matt Jones was 6'2" 239lbs. I'm just not feeling your comps for Mack. Adjusted size/weight he's easily the smallest of this group. I think he's a complimentary piece rather than a player a team would want to feature.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 am

He’s a similar size to Mark Ingram and LeSean McCoy, and he managed a 4.5 flat 40. His size and speed aren’t issues. He’s the same height and a pound heavier than Sony Michel, who’s a consensus first round dynasty pick right now.

With Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, Blount, etc. all signed to other teams, Mack’s value comes down to whether or not the Colts draft a superior player. I’d be concerned if they took Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, or Penny, and I think those guys will cost a first or second round pick, which would just be a terrible move for the Colts.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 am He’s a similar size to Mark Ingram and LeSean McCoy, and he managed a 4.5 flat 40. His size and speed aren’t issues. He’s the same height and a pound heavier than Sony Michel, who’s a consensus first round dynasty pick right now.

With Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, Blount, etc. all signed to other teams, Mack’s value comes down to whether or not the Colts draft a superior player. I’d be concerned if they took Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, or Penny, and I think those guys will cost a first or second round pick, which would just be a terrible move for the Colts.
Coogan hate!!!! Where has that guy been anyway?
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:16 am

Cherokee wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 am He’s a similar size to Mark Ingram and LeSean McCoy, and he managed a 4.5 flat 40. His size and speed aren’t issues. He’s the same height and a pound heavier than Sony Michel, who’s a consensus first round dynasty pick right now.

He gone. Big blowup on the boards.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am

Mack wasn't terrible last year. Final grade of 73.4 by PFF. Not great, but not bad.

I don't believe he has the necessary pop in his pads to be a majority touch-share leadback in the NFL. Runs with okay pad-level but has little ferocity into contact, he'd much rather just bounce. He's a space-back only, by which I mean everything he legitimately does well, he does only in space. Thus while he could be fantasy valuable in the right scheme / offense, he doesn't have the skill-set to be more than a complementary piece in the real football context.

As of '17, Indy is not the right scheme or talented enough an offense to enable Mack to statistically overachieve. Even putting aside the base offensive-line's deficiencies, Indy was even worse at second-level blocking (25th) and in second-level / open-field yards (29th) last year than they were in adjusted line yards (18th). If there's gonna be an NFL offense that unlocks Mack as fantasy viable as a space-back, it absolutely needs to be an offense that's drastically better in those areas than Indy in 2017.

Mack isn't a rational dynasty buy or hold at this point in time. Indy has too many problems, too weak a roster to cast the die on players like Mack that need to be surrounded by talent to unlock his own talent. They're rebuilding under Ballard, and that means they're looking for legitimate foundation talent. Mack isn't that. Even if Indy doesn't splash for a Day 1 or early Day 2 RB this year, and thus Mack seems dynasty relevant for another season, it still probably won't amount to much statistically just as it didn't in '17, and we'll be right back here predicting Mack's imminent tumble on the depth-chart next off-season.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am Mack wasn't terrible last year. Final grade of 73.4 by PFF. Not great, but not bad.

I don't believe he has the necessary pop in his pads to be a majority touch-share leadback in the NFL. Runs with okay pad-level but has little ferocity into contact, he'd much rather just bounce. He's a space-back only, by which I mean everything he legitimately does well, he does only in space. Thus while he could be fantasy valuable in the right scheme / offense, he doesn't have the skill-set to be more than a complementary piece in the real football context.

As of '17, Indy is not the right scheme or talented enough an offense to enable Mack to statistically overachieve. Even putting aside the base offensive-line's deficiencies, Indy was even worse at second-level blocking (25th) and in second-level / open-field yards (29th) last year than they were in adjusted line yards (18th). If there's gonna be an NFL offense that unlocks Mack as fantasy viable as a space-back, it absolutely needs to be an offense that's drastically better in those areas than Indy in 2017.

Mack isn't a rational dynasty buy or hold at this point in time. Indy has too many problems, too weak a roster to cast the die on players like Mack that need to be surrounded by talent to unlock his own talent. They're rebuilding under Ballard, and that means they're looking for legitimate foundation talent. Mack isn't that. Even if Indy doesn't splash for a Day 1 or early Day 2 RB this year, and thus Mack seems dynasty relevant for another season, it still probably won't amount to much statistically just as it didn't in '17, and we'll be right back here predicting Mack's imminent tumble on the depth-chart next off-season.
^this. Spot on analysis. Even if they don't touch a RB, he will lose you more weeks than he wins you in that offense next year. Plug him into an offense like ATL, NO, etc. and he is a solid weekly PPR play (at best). The best thing that could happen for Mack is that the Colts revamp their O line and plug in a plodding, non-passing catch back. What do you guys think would've happened to D. Sproles and the likes if they were worked into a bellcow role early in their career? I can answer that: You probably would have never heard of D. Sproles.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:54 am

no no no you are doing it all wrong dragging 2017 assumptions into 2018 the offense won't be the same at all . Whole new system, new qb at least two new offensive linemen with 2 of the 6 picks they own in the first like 69 picks in this year's draft . Mack is 5'11" & 213 lbs does that look like darren sproles ? He does have stuff to work on his pass pro ,not bouncing as much and holding onto the ball ....things many rookies must work on !
gore (an absolute warrior who is just used up at this point) left so much yardage on the table last season - MACK is one of my favorite buys right now which may or may not pan out. If colts draft a back highly it could blow up in your face ,if however they don't mack's price will rocket up and the window to buy at a discount will have closed. I do think the colts add a pounder type back but not until 3rd or 4th round so not one that will have draft capital far exceeding mack's . Thinking royce freeman in the 3rd or 4th perhaps or a jordan chunn type in the 7th or UDFA ranks . Chunn has been so overlooked in this draft process while many an inferior back has splashed the headlines .

Doing this stuff isn't much different than playing qb in the league to an extent Are you a sight thrower or an anticipation thrower ? Sight throwers can be effective but anticipation throwers generally are the cream of the crop .
Much like my boy big ben when he was young he was a sight thrower needing to see guys open and then rifle the throw into tight windows now he throws before the break and the ball is waiting on the receiver when he gets to where he is going ! Once in awhile you throw some ugly ints but when that happens you just say F it - reload and fire again.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:18 am

Agree with CC (it’s so bleep strange) with the exception that I’m a little more concerned with their recent trade back that they’ll add a better back. Even so, there’s nobody at his price with higher upside.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:16 am
Cherokee wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 am

He gone. Big blowup on the boards.
He’s not gone. That pathetic, cheating, thieving loser is too ashamed to show his face, but he still lurks here.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:25 am

LOL - nice to see OCR has overcome his previous shyness .
I have been on sock puppet alert as I was sure that was the route most likely taken , however if that is the path I have seen no evidence save a simultaneous personality transplant to match the new account.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 am

I'm not super familiar with the Colts needs but I've done a little research and it seems like they need a lot of help everywhere. So hypothetically lets say they spend their 1st and 2nd round picks on O-line/DE/CB/WR, that plugs a lot of holes they needed filled before they made the trade with the jets.

I could easily see them using that 3rd round pick (67th overall) on an RB now that they have other positions addressed. From what I've heard the other main position of interest may be linebacker? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with Irsay publicly coming out and telling us he would pick an RB early and he has this many draft picks at his disposal now, I don't think they pass on RB in the top 3 rounds.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 am

IBall2 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 am I'm not super familiar with the Colts needs but I've done a little research and it seems like they need a lot of help everywhere. So hypothetically lets say they spend their 1st and 2nd round picks on O-line/DE/CB/WR, that plugs a lot of holes they needed filled before they made the trade with the jets.

I could easily see them using that 3rd round pick (67th overall) on an RB now that they have other positions addressed. From what I've heard the other main position of interest may be linebacker? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with Irsay publicly coming out and telling us he would pick an RB early and he has this many draft picks at his disposal now, I don't think they pass on RB in the top 3 rounds.
At the 67 overall pick, they can probably land a nice RB prospect like Royce Freeman or Rashaad Penny in this deep class. I like both those players more than Mack but could see the 2018 season being an RBBC.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:34 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 am
IBall2 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:02 am I'm not super familiar with the Colts needs but I've done a little research and it seems like they need a lot of help everywhere. So hypothetically lets say they spend their 1st and 2nd round picks on O-line/DE/CB/WR, that plugs a lot of holes they needed filled before they made the trade with the jets.

At the 67 overall pick, they can probably land a nice RB prospect like Royce Freeman or Rashaad Penny in this deep class. I like both those players more than Mack but could see the 2018 season being an RBBC.
I would be so pissed if we take one of those guys in the 2nd round.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Mack is a screaming buy low for me right now and I have been scooping him up everywhere i could get him. While he show some flashes of big-play ability last year, its the moves the Colts have made this offseason that lead me to believe he will be the lead back in a committee going forward, on an Andrew Luck-offense.

The colts declined to sign any RB (Hyde, McKinnon, etc) AND traded away from drafting Saquon Barkley. Both of those actions are clear signs that the Colts have some level of faith within Mack and maybe even believe in him to be the bell cow back. Now, the only RBs that threaten Mack in the draft are Guice, Chubb, Penny who are definitely in play but there are also 15+ teams who are also interested in them as well. if the Colts were truly worried about their RB position, they would've locked up a RB in free agency and/or locked-in Saquon Barkley rather than leaving it up to luck in drafting a RB in round 2.

And discussing last year, Mack was not nearly as terrible as some people in this thread make it out to be. His 3.8 ypc was respectable and he was probably the most explosive piece on the offense all year long. Let's not forget that the Colts were an absolute mess last year and the situation would've been hard for any RB to succeed.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Lssd2012 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm Mack is a screaming buy low for me right now and I have been scooping him up everywhere i could get him. While he show some flashes of big-play ability last year, its the moves the Colts have made this offseason that lead me to believe he will be the lead back in a committee going forward, on an Andrew Luck-offense.

The colts declined to sign any RB (Hyde, McKinnon, etc) AND traded away from drafting Saquon Barkley. Both of those actions are clear signs that the Colts have some level of faith within Mack and maybe even believe in him to be the bell cow back. Now, the only RBs that threaten Mack in the draft are Guice, Chubb, Penny who are definitely in play but there are also 15+ teams who are also interested in them as well. if the Colts were truly worried about their RB position, they would've locked up a RB in free agency and/or locked-in Saquon Barkley rather than leaving it up to luck in drafting a RB in round 2.

And discussing last year, Mack was not nearly as terrible as some people in this thread make it out to be. His 3.8 ypc was respectable and he was probably the most explosive piece on the offense all year long. Let's not forget that the Colts were an absolute mess last year and the situation would've been hard for any RB to succeed.
They still have pick No. 6 - Barkley could still happen.
If not the others you mentioned could be in play.