Barkley - Outside of Cleveland

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Barkley - Outside of Cleveland

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 am

I believe most were under the assumption Barkley would be going to Cleveland as of Tuesday. Given the recent moves, Hyde to Cleveland (as the 8th highest paid RB), and the Giants only electing for a short term deal with Stewart, it seems Barkley moving past #1 overall is more likely.

As a Giants fan, I would love to see Barkley drafted to pair with the most electric WR in the game, but I feel that his fantasy output would be suppressed by Giants inept Oline.

What are your thoughts on Barkley falling somewhere other than Cleveland, and its impact on his fantasy value.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Barkley - Outside of Cleveland

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 am

Im disappointed. I really dont want him on the Gmen or Colts. Simply because of the Olines. If he falls I hope its the Bucs or Raiders that he falls to.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 am

I said it in another thread, but I really think Barkley goes #7 to Tampa Bay, which would be much better for his fantasy value than Cleveland, NYG, or Indy (IMO).
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 am

Ruggenater wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 am I said it in another thread, but I really think Barkley goes #7 to Tampa Bay, which would be much better for his fantasy value than Cleveland, NYG, or Indy (IMO).
This is my hope as well.

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 am

Makes too much sense for Indy I think. I can't see him falling if they can take him there. The o-line should improve and having him helping with blocking and run pressure will do so much to help Luck.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 am
Ruggenater wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 am I said it in another thread, but I really think Barkley goes #7 to Tampa Bay, which would be much better for his fantasy value than Cleveland, NYG, or Indy (IMO).
This is my hope as well.
me x3, I am very much hoping he falls to #7 and goes to the Bucs.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 am

Now, I think the Colts will take him. I must be too high on Barkley but I think he’s going to be a star but now that Hyde signed with Cleveland and I think the Giants will take a QB so I’m thinking the Colts, who have a huge hole at RB since I view Mack as only a change of pace RB. Of course, there could always be a team trade up for him, it should be interesting.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am

I still think there is a decent chance that Barkley is a Brown. Hyde's deal seems to be front loaded... reminds me a touch of the Murray & Cook tandem in Minnesota. It might be an attempt to save Barkley's legs for year 5-6 of his career when they're more so in their window, rather than 2018. Although it could insinuate that the browns might take a RB like ROJO or Michel in R2.

If he's not a brown I would put my money on the Giants

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 am

AlPal&Ange wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am I still think there is a decent chance that Barkley is a Brown. Hyde's deal seems to be front loaded... reminds me a touch of the Murray & Cook tandem in Minnesota. It might be an attempt to save Barkley's legs for year 5-6 of his career when they're more so in their window, rather than 2018. Although it could insinuate that the browns might take a RB like ROJO or Michel in R2.

I saw this take on Twitter too, and agree. My thoughts were they may be going QB at one and hoping to land him at 4.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am

AlPal&Ange wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:59 am I still think there is a decent chance that Barkley is a Brown. Hyde's deal seems to be front loaded... reminds me a touch of the Murray & Cook tandem in Minnesota. It might be an attempt to save Barkley's legs for year 5-6 of his career when they're more so in their window, rather than 2018. Although it could insinuate that the browns might take a RB like ROJO or Michel in R2.

Agreed. Hyde's deal is very similar to Murray's.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:25 am

I still think TB, OAK and SF are the best places to be for a RB. And as they are #7, #9 and #10 in the draft, chances are good that Barkley will wear one of these uniforms. Colts will be pass happy with Luck or in trouble if he's not around anyway. Giants are questionnable at QB and OL. They didn't produce a good workhorse RB (Bradshaw-Jacobs did a good 1-2 punch duet however), Wilson was supposed to be the next one but a neck injury stopped his career like Franklin in GB. A mix of Gallman, Perkins and the last wheels of Stewart can do enough for now to afford passing on Barkley. Plus they have #34 and someone will be available.

Edit : Nate Solder just signed a big contract in NY. It can help.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Browns could still be in contention for Barkley. Duke could be traded.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am

A lot of people have talked for a long time like Barkley is a lock for top 5, I did not think that was the case and still feel that way. If he fell out of the top 10 I would be shocked.

I want him to go to TB.

If he slides to 10 and the Raiders take him, I will cry.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am A lot of people have talked for a long time like Barkley is a lock for top 5, I did not think that was the case and still feel that way. If he fell out of the top 10 I would be shocked.

I want him to go to TB.

If he slides to 10 and the Raiders take him, I will cry.
Out of joy of course :ewink: Chances are thin though. I think the coin toss lost versus the Niners (thanks Woodson) could be a "drama" in this way. Absolutely no chance GIants, Colts, Bucs, 49ers all pass on him. I see the Bucs as the very last choice (and my preference)
Last edited by Blackout on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

But why would they sign Hyde, draft Barkley, then trade Duke? Duke is a very good passing down back, Hyde more of a 1st and 2nd down guy, and Barkley a 3 down guy. Its kind of all over the map. As a Hyde and Duke owner, soon to be Barkley as well, I dont know what to think of this situation.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins