Carlos Hyde to the Browns

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Carlos Hyde to the Browns

Postby kamihamster » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am

So maybe now they draft two QB and lessen their chances of busting? I get drafting a RB one overall is risky but it's not very often talent like that is around to be drafted one overall. Maybe they still get Barkley as Hyde always seems to be nicked up and they'll do the whole Atlanta thing with two starting RBs? I don't get it.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am

I think it's actually a solid landing spot for him. Duke will catch a lot of balls, but that's strictly his game. Hyde will be the 2 down/GL back.

The situation is solid. Gordon and coco streaking down the field, stretching out the defense, Landry drawing coverage in the intermediate zones, and the persistent threat of Tyrod running should leave lots of holes for Hyde to run through. NTM they just got TE Fells who will help with run blocking.

Another thing to consider is who will ultimately have control of the RBs. While Hue loves Duke, Haley has liked to lean on one RB (over RBBC) in the past, so Hyde might still get most of the work, or at least some passing down work.

Hyde is pretty much where he was the last yr, the only difference is he'll get more yardage but fewer passes. He's still a fringe RB1/2 for me.

Projecting a line of: RUSHING 1100 yards, 10 TDs / RECEIVING 30 rec, 200 yards, 2 TDs. Combined 1300 yards and 12 TDs.

That gives him a ppg of 13.25 in half point, and would of ranked him 11th in ppg last season.

*The Barkley dream is over ppl, they love Duke and are talking ext. Maybe they sign a rookie, but I would expect that to be Chubb, Guice, or Scarbrough. One of the bruisers anyways.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:22 am

Hue does not believe in Duke as a full time RB and has proven that thought with his actions. Duke will be leaving Cleveland after his contract is up.

Also Hue is a joke and should've been fired anyways but what can you do.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am I think it's actually a solid landing spot for him. Duke will catch a lot of balls, but that's strictly his game. Hyde will be the 2 down/GL back.

The situation is solid. Gordon and coco streaking down the field, stretching out the defense, Landry drawing coverage in the intermediate zones, and the persistent threat of Tyrod running should leave lots of holes for Hyde to run through. NTM they just got TE Fells who will help with run blocking.

Another thing to consider is who will ultimately have control of the RBs. While Hue loves Duke, Haley has liked to lean on one RB (over RBBC) in the past, so Hyde might still get most of the work, or at least some passing down work.

Hyde is pretty much where he was the last yr, the only difference is he'll get more yardage but fewer passes. He's still a fringe RB1/2 for me.

Projecting a line of: RUSHING 1100 yards, 10 TDs / RECEIVING 30 rec, 200 yards, 2 TDs. Combined 1300 yards and 12 TDs.

That gives him a ppg of 13.25 in half point, and would of ranked him 11th in ppg last season.

*The Barkley dream is over ppl, they love Duke and are talking ext. Maybe they sign a rookie, but I would expect that to be Chubb, Guice, or Scarbrough. One of the bruisers anyways.
Well put. These are a lot of my feeling as well.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:07 am

I'm trying to get a better sense how to value Hyde. Part of me wants to sell before the draft, afraid that if they draft Barkley his value will be considerably less to almost nothing. But if they don't draft Barkley, Hyde seems to be in a good offense on a team that should run a fair amount. Not to say they won't draft another RB, but if it's not Barkley, it shouldn't matter as much.

Am I right to assume that Hyde will maintain his low RB1 to mid RB2 dynasty value, IF the Browns do not draft Barkley? I'm only speaking in the short-term until the start of the regular season.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Swift, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, D. Smith, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, T. Kraft
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
Taxi Squad: R. Ali

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, I. Pacheco, D. Singletary, D. Pierce, E. Gray
WR: C. Olave, J. Waddle, D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed, A. T. Perry
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
Taxi Squad: L. McConkey, R. Pearsall, B. Corum, D. Laube

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:25 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:07 am I'm trying to get a better sense how to value Hyde. Part of me wants to sell before the draft, afraid that if they draft Barkley his value will be considerably less to almost nothing. But if they don't draft Barkley, Hyde seems to be in a good offense on a team that should run a fair amount. Not to say they won't draft another RB, but if it's not Barkley, it shouldn't matter as much.

Am I right to assume that Hyde will maintain his low RB1 to mid RB2 dynasty value, IF the Browns do not draft Barkley? I'm only speaking in the short-term until the start of the regular season.
As a Hyde owner, much of his value last year came from his 60 receptions, which seems like is mostly out the window now with Duke alongside him.

I know people are thinking of the Browns as a team on the rise, but we've been down that same narrative like 5 times already in this stretch of Browns' awfulness, so I'd rather not have to count on the Browns cranking out a double digit TD running back.

If I could get value to Hyde similar to what he had before I would sell. But no one seems to be offering that.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed May 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Any contenders kicking the tires on trading for Hyde? I don't own him anywhere but I'm pondering making an offer while there is blood in the streets.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Opinion:

- Carlos Hyde isn't very good; he might even be a mild downgrade from Crowell
- Nick Chubb will be Cleveland's 3-down RB by next year, provided he can become competent on passing-downs
- Duke Johnson is skipping town in 2019; paying Hyde as much as they are and drafting Chubb must feel like a slap in the face for last season's team MVP (as voted by his teammates)
- Hyde is a candidate to be cut in 2019 since his dead-cap hit diminishes and Cleveland can then save 3.5 million, instead of paying him 6 million to be a backup
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:39 pm

DynoScout wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:04 pm Any contenders kicking the tires on trading for Hyde? I don't own him anywhere but I'm pondering making an offer while there is blood in the streets.
Tried to move during our draft last weekend, best offer I got was 4.03 and 2019 3rd, as of now I’ll see what happens early in the season and see what I can get
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:17 pm - Hyde is a candidate to be cut in 2019 since his dead-cap hit diminishes and Cleveland can then save 3.5 million, instead of paying him 6 million to be a backup
I believe they save $2.6 million by cutting him, not 3.5.

And while that's probably not worth paying to a likely backup RB, I worry because the Browns have insane amounts of cap space and might actually have more trouble metting the cap floor. If Hyde is providing any value to the team at all, what is $2.5mil savings to a team that has $71mil in extra cap space?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Gronks
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gronks » Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 am
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 am From a football standpoint drafting a RB in the top 5 is a dumb move. Better to use those picks on more premium positions. They'll be going QB and pass rusher most likely.
^This

ppl saying the Browns are being the browns again is simply wrong. Unless you have an ideal circumstance and can afford to take an RB that early (i.e. have no other positional holes to fill) picking an RB at 1 or 4 is idiotic. It's been proven you can get Kamara/Hunt/DJ/Bell/etc in the later rounds, not selecting Barkley at 1/4 is the smartest thing they could do, and based on Dorsey's latest moves, the Browns have finally decided to be smart.
Browns played this well IMHO , but if Barkley turns out to be Barry Sanders then .......

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am

Gronks wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 am
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 am From a football standpoint drafting a RB in the top 5 is a dumb move. Better to use those picks on more premium positions. They'll be going QB and pass rusher most likely.
^This

ppl saying the Browns are being the browns again is simply wrong. Unless you have an ideal circumstance and can afford to take an RB that early (i.e. have no other positional holes to fill) picking an RB at 1 or 4 is idiotic. It's been proven you can get Kamara/Hunt/DJ/Bell/etc in the later rounds, not selecting Barkley at 1/4 is the smartest thing they could do, and based on Dorsey's latest moves, the Browns have finally decided to be smart.
Browns played this well IMHO , but if Barkley turns out to be Barry Sanders then .......
He won’t.
Anyways, even if he does, what if mayfield turns into Brees? Even a Barry Sanders can’t contribute as much winning and staying power as an elite QB.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 am

I'd still buy Hyde for a late 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 am I'd still buy Hyde for a late 2nd.
I would too. I think if you want to buy him, this is the time. If you want to sell him, wait until closer to the season or in-season.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri May 04, 2018 6:48 am

One thing to note - assuming Hyde is cut next off-season, before he takes a snap he'll be 29 and on his third team in three seasons. So an investment in Hyde means you're hoping a) Chubb is a bust, b) Hue uses him effectively and c) the team he eventually ends up with is a decent destination. Lot of ifs for a guy who will be pushing 30, has some injury history, and has never hit a 1000 yards rushing.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks