Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jerick Mckinnon, poor man's C.Michael?

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:52 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I think that they will at bring in a "big" back next year either through the draft or FA. If he gets those types of touches against a bad defense odds are McKinnon will make some big pays. I guess he is still a buy low player until that happens again.
I agree with this. I'm going on limited knowledge here but I would guess they bring in a big back somewhere between rounds 2 and 4. I think he settles in as an RB2 or solid flex play next year in a 2 man committee, but if he outplays the other guy or the other guy gets injured I can see RB1 upside in home games vs the Pack and Bears. Something similar to the Ridley/Vereen, Gio/Hill, Mathews/Woodhead, Bell/Bush, or even last years Mendenhall/Ellington.

For those who know more about him, what kind of RB would you compare him to? Is he a 3rd down back or more of your typical 1st and second down runner between the 20's?
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:
Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:I think that they will at bring in a "big" back next year either through the draft or FA. If he gets those types of touches against a bad defense odds are McKinnon will make some big pays. I guess he is still a buy low player until that happens again.
I agree with this. I'm going on limited knowledge here but I would guess they bring in a big back somewhere between rounds 2 and 4. I think he settles in as an RB2 or solid flex play next year in a 2 man committee, but if he outplays the other guy or the other guy gets injured I can see RB1 upside in home games vs the Pack and Bears. Something similar to the Ridley/Vereen, Gio/Hill, Mathews/Woodhead, Bell/Bush, or even last years Mendenhall/Ellington.

For those who know more about him, what kind of RB would you compare him to? Is he a 3rd down back or more of your typical 1st and second down runner between the 20's?
Vikings fan here (sad I know).

I don't think he needs a supplemental back at all - and if they do draft one it wont be until round 5 +. Asiata is a fine "bruiser" as a back up.

McKinnon weighs out bigger than Ray Rice and is an inch taller (at least by whats posted) and in any case - he was a 3 down back.

I don't think they are similar running backs but he's built well and is very explosive. I think if he performs the rest of the year in this subpar offense he will lock down the backfield as the 3 downer.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:05 am

McKinnon has officially leaped CMike in my signatures depth chart!
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:McKinnon has officially leaped CMike in my signatures depth chart!

/popschampagnebottle :dance:
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm hoping Forte, showing excellent hands receiving and running well between the tackles ... key word here is *hoping* .. one can y'know. heh.

I haven't watched all the games yet, and probably will save the Minnesota one for last ...
@PlankMelody

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:45 pm

I only caught it on red zone but he stood out on pass protection one play. Another they moved him out into the flat pre snap. If I'm recalling from memory, slot receiver went upfield and they threw a quick out to McKinnon. He easily made the first guy miss (really, really easily) then made a 2nd DB miss before finally the third guy got him after a nice gain.

It was a very impressive sequence.
Last edited by Telperion on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby princey98 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 pm

As a Lions fan I saw McKinnon matched up in space against Deandre Levy a few times, and McKinnon came out on top more often than not. Levy has been a monster, and as sure a tackler as I've seen this year And McKinnon made him look bad a couple times.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Another 100yd game on the ground although he wasn't a factor in the passing game. He should be a startable RB moving forward. I feel a really big game coming soon.

cdubbaya
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cdubbaya » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:Another 100yd game on the ground although he wasn't a factor in the passing game. He should be a startable RB moving forward. I feel a really big game coming soon.
I haven't looked but I think they have Washington's terrible defense next week. He'll be starting over Morris on my team.
7th year Dynasty Team. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K
QB - Mahomes, Watson, Stafford
RB - Hunt, Fournette, Drake, Gio B
WR - Hopkins, K Allen, Boyd, K Cole, Enunwa, Funchess, A Robinson, Sutton
TE - Burton, Herndon
D/ST - Broncos, Jets
K - Maher, Myers

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm trying to acquire him in a keeper league before that really big game, as I think it's coming too.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I cannot even describe how excited I am .. 100 yds on the ground against the Bills? You kidding me? haha... So glad I grabbed him, wish I had him on more teams ..
@PlankMelody

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

sloth8u wrote:
joshb wrote:Would anyone drop Turbin for Mckinnon? Or any of my rb's in sig.
i would feel safe dropping nicks right now.
i havent read all the posts up to this point, but heres what i had to say awile ago.....now is the time to sell here....i love the guy, and if you can keep him, congrats...but if your rebuilding, now is the time to pursue movin him. he is not a buy, but give him until week 12 and lets see where he is. there's a good chance he will be the rb for the vikes with questions about if ap is comming back....you dont want to be left holding him then if your rebuilding. if you can wait and see with ap...he is a hold!

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

If you're rebuilding you don't want a young explosive RB? If you are going to sell him wait until later in the year as he continues to put up big games.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:15 pm

sloth8u wrote:
sloth8u wrote:
i havent read all the posts up to this point, but heres what i had to say awile ago.....now is the time to sell here....i love the guy, and if you can keep him, congrats...but if your rebuilding, now is the time to pursue movin him. he is not a buy, but give him until week 12 and lets see where he is. there's a good chance he will be the rb for the vikes with questions about if ap is comming back....you dont want to be left holding him then if your rebuilding. if you can wait and see with ap...he is a hold!
So your opinion on McKinnon was that Nicks is droppable. Now it's sell before he puts up some big numbers. Got it.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:23 pm

sloth8u wrote:
sloth8u wrote:

He just averaged 4.76 ypc over the past two weeks against two of the best run defenses in the NFL without a passing game to keep defenses honest. It makes no sense to sell at this point unless the offer is mind-blowing.....