Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Re: Jerick Mckinnon, poor man's C.Michael?

Postby REPTAR » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:44 am

As a McKinnon owner who got him for nothing off the waiver wire in preseason, it would definitely take something substantial to pry him away from me now. Picks likely wouldnt do the trick unless they were high firsts, just because I'd rather hold on to him and see what I've got.

But that remains the question. With bsome big bye weeks coming up, I'm hesitant to bring him off my PS and throw him into action, because I just don't know what we'll see going forward. Is he the back of the future in Minny? Or is he a timeshare/COP type player who will be paired with a high pick rookie in next years draft (worse even, GURLEY). Still, he was drafted in the 3rd rd, so he wasn't exactly a flier.

I think this may be a difference in the Michael/McKinnon debate. Michael's has done less yeah, but the general consensus around the forums (at least it seems so) is that Michael has the look of a player with bellcow upside. I love McKinnon, and not saying he couldn't, or that he wouldn't be equally as effective in a timeshare, but I don't think anyone is ready to say he's got a future as a bellcow. I dunno though, love to see them try it!

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 am

henry1jg wrote:
Steveeb wrote:Injuries and a lack of an IR spot forced me to drop him last week. This hurts. At least I dropped him hours before kickoff so no one could claim him.. maybe I can get him on waivers..
Ouch.

I offered a 3rd rd pick for him two wks ago and was laughed at. It would probably cost me an unreal amount now. I have two 2nds that are on track to be 2.04 or better, I should've just given him one of those then. I would love to hear what some are going to want for him now.
I would guess its going to be another one of those situations where pompous owners turn down late 1sts and early seconds and then post "I won't even consider anything less than and early 1st for him." And just like it did with Khiry, the buzz will wear off and people will feel stupid for not selling high.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:48 am

I'm not saying anyone should sell high or anything like that. I am just interested in hearing what others think of McKinnon. I have him in one dynasty, but it's admittedly a league that I do not devote a ton of time to and a league that I don't lose sleep over after a loss. Having said that, I feel like I am able to be more realistic about player value and it cuts down on me seeing the world through rose tinted goggles. In that league, which is a 12 team, PPR, IDP league, I would want a starter at another position. I'm tired of dealing for picks. I want a guy that will slot into my lineup, most specifically on defense. If I could land a top 20 LB, or a top 10 SS, I'd pounce. If I could only get a pick, I would tell that owner that I want about another 4-6 games worth of data before dealing him. If I was offered a late 1st, I would likely pounce due to my RB depth. But I am also the type of person that usually trades away picks in leagues that do not have a salary cap.

So McKinnon owner, what's your scoring system and what do I have to give you to land McKinnon?
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:46 am

henry1jg wrote:I'm not saying anyone should sell high or anything like that. I am just interested in hearing what others think of McKinnon. I have him in one dynasty, but it's admittedly a league that I do not devote a ton of time to and a league that I don't lose sleep over after a loss. Having said that, I feel like I am able to be more realistic about player value and it cuts down on me seeing the world through rose tinted goggles. In that league, which is a 12 team, PPR, IDP league, I would want a starter at another position. I'm tired of dealing for picks. I want a guy that will slot into my lineup, most specifically on defense. If I could land a top 20 LB, or a top 10 SS, I'd pounce. If I could only get a pick, I would tell that owner that I want about another 4-6 games worth of data before dealing him. If I was offered a late 1st, I would likely pounce due to my RB depth. But I am also the type of person that usually trades away picks in leagues that do not have a salary cap.

So McKinnon owner, what's your scoring system and what do I have to give you to land McKinnon?
I'm in a 10-team league, and I might have taken a second-round pick for him last week. This week? I'm probably asking for a late first-round pick. I know it was just Atlanta, but he had a couple of splash plays that really opened my eyes. Could he be sort of a Ellington type?
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:00 am

henry1jg wrote:So McKinnon owner, what's your scoring system and what do I have to give you to land McKinnon?
RB's are devalued in my league so a late 1st and he'd be gone. I'd probably hold him for a second although i do think I'd regret it:

1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE
2points every 10 yards rush/rec, 2pt every 20 passing, 5pt TD.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 am

henry1jg wrote:I'm not saying anyone should sell high or anything like that. I am just interested in hearing what others think of McKinnon. I have him in one dynasty, but it's admittedly a league that I do not devote a ton of time to and a league that I don't lose sleep over after a loss. Having said that, I feel like I am able to be more realistic about player value and it cuts down on me seeing the world through rose tinted goggles. In that league, which is a 12 team, PPR, IDP league, I would want a starter at another position. I'm tired of dealing for picks. I want a guy that will slot into my lineup, most specifically on defense. If I could land a top 20 LB, or a top 10 SS, I'd pounce. If I could only get a pick, I would tell that owner that I want about another 4-6 games worth of data before dealing him. If I was offered a late 1st, I would likely pounce due to my RB depth. But I am also the type of person that usually trades away picks in leagues that do not have a salary cap.

I tend to hold onto young players (sometimes to my detriment) as it's always in the back of my mind i could be trading a young stud.

Would take a 1st for me to trade McKinnon and/or a starter than has atleast a few years left. I have him in atleast a half dozen leagues.

Only offer i have got in one league is Jermaine kearse from a AP owner.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:40 am

Jecked wrote:.Only offer i have got in one league is Jermaine kearse from a AP owner.
LOL

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:58 am

Scooped him up from waivers after someone dropped him for Chad Henne. Hoping I can package him with Andre Johnson or Pierre Garcon for a top 10 WR.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:08 pm

I put him on the trading block last week in a PPR league, and just asked for an offer. It has just been crickets so far. I would anticipate things picking up next week if he shows up again the box score. I'm trying to get a gauge on value too.
Last edited by KU Sucks on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:40 pm

I have him on the team in my sig. I picked him up off waivers the night the AP news broke when someone else had already grabbed Asiata.

With that said, not going to saying I won't trade him but it would have to take a pretty good offer for me to let him go. If only because my depth behind McCoy & Bell is pretty bad.

Plus, I'm not sure what I could get that would help me.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:10 pm

PhadedCN wrote:I have him on the team in my sig. I picked him up off waivers the night the AP news broke when someone else had already grabbed Asiata.

With that said, not going to saying I won't trade him but it would have to take a pretty good offer for me to let him go. If only because my depth behind McCoy & Bell is pretty bad.

Plus, I'm not sure what I could get that would help me.
That's basically my situation. Unless I get a proven rb in return(which would be ridiculous) I have no reason not to see how it plays out.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

mnnightowl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mnnightowl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:09 pm

ManuManu wrote:I only watched a little of that game during commercials for Niners-Eagles. I read that he fell down on a potential long TD. Is that right?
I definitely wouldn't describe it that way. http://www.gfycat.com/SatisfiedDisguise ... nshorthair
ManuManu wrote: Anyway, my concern with McKinnon once AP was suspended was that it pushed his timeline ahead a year early. I looked at this as a redshirt season with hopes of him flashing enough next year to replace AP in 2016. Now he HAS to play well this year or the Vikings will draft the heir apparent in 2015.

Anyone else see it this way? Part of me wants to trade him now, but I'm intrigued enough by the athleticism that sitting on him seems like the right move.
Vikes will be drafting RB regardless. There was already rumor that the Vikes needed to do something about Peterson's 2015 salary. Asiata wasn't here for the role he's been thrust into. Even if ADP does stay I'd call it a horse apiece on the pros cons of playing vs. not playing re: draft risks. It may even be more likely that a front office will do a draft hedge when a prospect in waiting hasn't proven it on the field.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:56 pm

mnnightowl wrote:
ManuManu wrote:I only watched a little of that game during commercials for Niners-Eagles. I read that he fell down on a potential long TD. Is that right?
I definitely wouldn't describe it that way. http://www.gfycat.com/SatisfiedDisguise ... nshorthair
ManuManu wrote: Anyway, my concern with McKinnon once AP was suspended was that it pushed his timeline ahead a year early. I looked at this as a redshirt season with hopes of him flashing enough next year to replace AP in 2016. Now he HAS to play well this year or the Vikings will draft the heir apparent in 2015.

Anyone else see it this way? Part of me wants to trade him now, but I'm intrigued enough by the athleticism that sitting on him seems like the right move.
Vikes will be drafting RB regardless. There was already rumor that the Vikes needed to do something about Peterson's 2015 salary. Asiata wasn't here for the role he's been thrust into. Even if ADP does stay I'd call it a horse apiece on the pros cons of playing vs. not playing re: draft risks. It may even be more likely that a front office will do a draft hedge when a prospect in waiting hasn't proven it on the field.
Completely baseless projections with nothing to back them up. They drafted him in the 3rd. If he performs admirably they'll leave him. If he performs okay, maybe they sign a free agent and use their picks on a position of more need. Maybe they leave him anyway. Maybe AP comes back for the '15 season. In any case, no, they won't be "drafting a rb regardless", and they already took precautions about AP's 2015 salary. 3rd round draft pick.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

mnnightowl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mnnightowl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 pm

joshb wrote:
mnnightowl wrote:

Completely baseless projections with nothing to back them up. They drafted him in the 3rd. If he performs admirably they'll leave him. If he performs okay, maybe they sign a free agent and use their picks on a position of more need. Maybe they leave him anyway. Maybe AP comes back for the '15 season. In any case, no, they won't be "drafting a rb regardless", and they already took precautions about AP's 2015 salary. 3rd round draft pick.
Would you be less irritable if I'd said "they will bring in competition regardless"? They will. And if Peterson is on this roster in 2015 I'll eat my hat. That you would even speculate it speaks volumes.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 am

If you can get a 1st for him, I say do it.