Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerick Mckinnon

Postby Jfever » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:31 pm

So, that one dudes take is the standard? There are weirdos everywhere.... Don't read into it that much. Bottom line, McKinnon is set up for an uptick of production whether or not SF drafts a rb early (1- 3rd rounds). This means his perceived value also goes up. It's up to his owners and potential buyers as to how they work out their details based on their leagues scoring, line up requirements, and their personal rosters strengths and weaknesses. Not a shock that people wouldn't move him for a 2nd. Is it a shock to you?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:39 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm I only regret having dropped this JAG long ago when I figured out he was a JAG if I would have known his fanboy love club would be like a flock of 15 year old girls chasing around a boy band I would have held for that exact moment and crushed some effing skulls !
Translation: I know better than everybody else and I just want to point that out in the most obnoxious way possible.
this made me laugh I plead nolo contendere on this charge your honor , as I get that way at times so my name fits eh?
I just find it hilarious that people that cannot pick him out of a lineup are screeching he is an rb1 and because shanhan has him that makes him someone that any smart dynasty owner cannot live without. What I have seen is the shanahans rifle through many a back over the years. While many have had great value few have had any longevity in that system for whatever reason . What I have seen is although JM is an awesome athlete and makes some jaw dropping plays he has mediocre # at best even compared to guys that define ordinary . If you believe then go get him ! who am to steal your fun ? When it blows up in your face after you count him as your rb1 which some of the prices to acquire suggest don't come here whining about bad beats and that mean ol shanahan moved on to joe williams jeremy mcnichols or some UDFA from valdosta state. It has happened before and will happen again . He is a satellite back and I would not value him above a flex on any team I wanted to win a title with (which is every team I own every year more or less) if he blows up great but I do not even think he will ;that is how I see it .
I have been wrong many a time & will be wrong many more times but ask my league mates I am right a lot more than I am wrong.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 am

Bad News Barrett wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:03 pm Ryan McDowell of DLF just tweeted a trade, basically

McKinnon and 1.12 for Mike Evans

Some junk pieces involved on both sides as well

Yep, that's where we are at
Is this the first time a bad trade has ever happened?
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:36 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm I only regret having dropped this JAG long ago when I figured out he was a JAG if I would have known his fanboy love club would be like a flock of 15 year old girls chasing around a boy band I would have held for that exact moment and crushed some effing skulls !
Translation: I know better than everybody else and I just want to point that out in the most obnoxious way possible.
this made me laugh I plead nolo contendere on this charge your honor , as I get that way at times so my name fits eh?
I just find it hilarious that people that cannot pick him out of a lineup are screeching he is an rb1 and because shanhan has him that makes him someone that any smart dynasty owner cannot live without. What I have seen is the shanahans rifle through many a back over the years. While many have had great value few have had any longevity in that system for whatever reason . What I have seen is although JM is an awesome athlete and makes some jaw dropping plays he has mediocre # at best even compared to guys that define ordinary . If you believe then go get him ! who am to steal your fun ? When it blows up in your face after you count him as your rb1 which some of the prices to acquire suggest don't come here whining about bad beats and that mean ol shanahan moved on to joe williams jeremy mcnichols or some UDFA from valdosta state. It has happened before and will happen again . He is a satellite back and I would not value him above a flex on any team I wanted to win a title with (which is every team I own every year more or less) if he blows up great but I do not even think he will ;that is how I see it .
I have been wrong many a time & will be wrong many more times but ask my league mates I am right a lot more than I am wrong.
No one has a perfect track record but yes, some have better track records than others. And this along with what Fever said (some people will be eating crow on this one) is what kills me about the forum: everyone purposely has a short memory. It's always on to the next argument, especially for the people who don't have great track records. No one will eat any crow. If McKinnon puts up big numbers everyone will just move on and repeat with someone else.

We all will be right and wrong but I have a very good track record on RBs. Have I missed? Yes. But I find a gem every single year. I correctly predicted CJ Anderson, Alfred Morris, Karlos, Rawls (and then battled the whole forum to say he was being drastically overrated going into year two viewtopic.php?t=115576), Chris Carson, I BOUGHT Murray when he left Philly and everyone was selling and I paid a future 1st at that too, the first ended up 1.12 and then this off-season I just traded him for two 2nds), I traded up to the 2nd in my rookie draft to take Kenyan Drake (for picks that would become 2.12 and 5.12) and then I just sold him for 1.10, and moved back into the draft to take Foreman last year when he fell.

I will readily admit that predicting QBs, WRs, TEs has been harder to find the hidden gems, but RBs have been easier for me to eye test and project (along with NFL scouting/nfl draft spot/expert/forum takes of course) and my track record has been very good.

Not a "brag" post. I have been holding McKinnon for years and have posted to threads and linked to them that he would get a shot after MN and I was waiting for it. Just because people who always buy the flavor of the week hype are pumping up the price in the market does not mean that he won't produce in real life.

All the anti-McKinnon doubters are playing both sides of the fence already and I know it. He produces and they will say:
1) he was supposed to do that, I just said his previous record showed that he was blah blah blah
2) it wasnt that great and is almost over, still sell now
3) we were still right to doubt him because his prices said he had to be a top (too high) 6 or whatever RB.

Every take isn't the same. I pay attention to who says what. The people who just want to buy into a RB situation bc of Shanahan and "couldnt pick him out of a lineup" aren't the same people going 15 pages deep into an off-season forum about the nuances of his career. But the doubting crowd in this case for some reason A) mostly admits they have watched him less and are going off topical stats (he was valued at this, now this? He didnt pass RBs on a depth chart because the NFL is Madden and I only understand talent via numbers if he wasnt the clear 1, he can never be! His YPC, a number that I can easily grab off the internet wasnt elite, situation didnt play into it, and this tells the whole story for me! Sure, he'll catch some passes BUT...).

The doubters need to admit that they didn't see him coming and get over it. The debate is what is pushing up perception that people like him think he will be something outrageous like top 3 or something. And the doubters are clinging to basically, how can you say he is worth more than a late first? A mid first is ludicrous! Maybe when a younger RB like McKinnon gets into a great situation and people have held for a long time, they don't want to just give him away to those who didnt and start right over with our choice of the 5th rookie RB. You blame us for that?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:39 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am
I love your responses! I actually googled Valdosta State to see if that was a real place. Well damn, it sure is

Thanks for the morning laugh. That was a great post
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 am

thank you
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:15 am

So, your prediction CC?

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 am

don't normally predict stats on players I don't own generally as if I am right I reap no benefit and if I am wrong does it really matter .
but this seems very important to you so wtf - I say 149 carries for 583 yards rushing 58 catches for 479 rec yards and 5 total tds. 3 fumbles lost - misses 3 games via injury 6 drops and 8 missed blocking assignments . and oh yeah 1 for 1 passing for 24 yard touchdown to george kittle .

hope that suffices buddy !
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 am don't normally predict stats on players I don't own generally as if I am right I reap no benefit and if I am wrong does it really matter .
but this seems very important to you so wtf - I say 149 carries for 583 yards rushing 58 catches for 479 rec yards and 5 total tds. 3 fumbles lost - misses 3 games via injury 6 drops and 8 missed blocking assignments . and oh yeah 1 for 1 passing for 24 yard touchdown to george kittle .

I know that this is a bit tongue-in-cheek but that is locking in a prediction of a repeat of his 2017 MN production. Let's all make sure to bump this and see where we land after the season

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:47 am

If his ACL goes this year some of you are going to jump out of your chair and do a backflip and start dancing on a table

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:36 am

_yeti wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 am don't normally predict stats on players I don't own generally as if I am right I reap no benefit and if I am wrong does it really matter .

I know that this is a bit tongue-in-cheek but that is locking in a prediction of a repeat of his 2017 MN production. Let's all make sure to bump this and see where we land after the season
Thanks for taking the time CC. It was important to me. Why? :think: Because someone with the opinion as yours must have some type of prediction going on inside to have the opinion on the players value and potential production in the first place. Especially, one as strong willed as yours comes across. Even after much discussion that has been reasonable, even after the "questions" have been answered, you stick to your unsupported opinions. Like your pissed you dropped him or something, and now that you have dropped him and someone else owns him, you cheer against him. Seems a bit strange. Anyway, Now, we have your prediction on record and can refer back to it to either slap ya on the back and say you were right all the long, or, the more likely outcome, rub it in your face a little just to let ya know that your takes are a bit over opinionated and rooted in misguided, jacked up, over inflated hyperbole. But.... again, you could be right, and I could be wrong. The 49'ers could be wrong, Shannahan could be full of %$#$, but, it would be strange if he repeated his identical fantasy output from 2017 to 2018.

Peace.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:54 am

There were very few people saying that McKinnon was a hold for the '18 free agency this time last year. The mass majority was throwing out his stats and laughing at the idea of holding him. He was a clear drop. Worthless. Those that were holding were delusional that he would ever get a chance...

Now, those that held, and those that were telling people to hold, are again delusional apparently...because those that were saying he would never be worth anything couldn't possibly put a wrong opinion on their ego.

Just because there is suddenly a large number of fantasy gamers valuing McKinnon, it doesn't make the few that have valued him for years wrong, or make their thoughts tied to Shanahan in an overly-simplistic manner.

Also, he was drafted in round 3 because he had only been a RB for one year. Round 3 speaks volumes about what his potential was thought to be when there are so many available far more experienced RBs available.

As far as being drafted in round 2-3 in fantasy leagues...well bleep. He was behind a younger AP!! In round 1, you take a back with the chance to win the starting spot. APs backup being drafted in round 2-3 is a testament to the potential people saw. Pointing back to his perceived value as a rookie isn't a criticism of "how did he become so valuable if he wasn't valuable back then." He WAS highly regarded, but his situation was about the worst it could be, behind the best RB in the league in a power scheme with a fullback and/or in-line TE (or two).

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:42 am

Valhalla, very well said. Time and time again, You continue to be the voice of reason in a calm, rational, well thought out, and respectful tone. I read through and it screams of common sense and reasonable thought leading to understanding. You and your contributions help to make this community a better site.

Well done sir.

:clap:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:37 am

Nobody from this thread is going to eat crow, regardless of how well McKinnon does this year. In the three years I’ve been on these forums, I’ve gradually come to the realization that folks around here are actually more married to their hatred of a particular player than even their love of a particular player. Call it the “Funchess Effect.”
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 am

LT x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 said no one ever.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------