Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jerick Mckinnon

Postby jman3134 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this is great for Matt Breida because McKinnon is not a three down back? I think Breida will get more time in the committee now and McKinnon will get a lot of receptions out of the backfield. Both can thrive. Bad for Joe Williams though.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Fwiw McKinnon was ranked RB 8 by PFF which iirc is based solely on watching the games
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 pm

bsp27 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:50 pm
bsp27 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm

that's also a great point. Latavius Murray was the more efficient rusher between him and Mckinnon.
I'm wondering if this opinion is based on watching the games or looking at the box scores.
would me watching the game on television make Mckinnon more efficient?
If so...im watching all my guys every sunday. :lol:

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm

bsp27 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 am I won't be selling high on McKinnon. Either you believe in Shanahan, or you don't. I do.
Do you really think that Shanahan can make him a more efficient feature back?
1. McKinnon does not have to be a feature back to be a fantasy RB1 or RB2.
2. Yes, coaching matters. Not saying McKinnon is anywhere near as talented as Gurley, but look at Gurley with McVay vs with Fisher. Worst case scenario, McKinnon is still in a committee with whoever SF drafts at RB and is a PPR RB2 and upside handcuff a la Tevin Coleman. Best case scenario, McKinnon becomes the 1A and is a PPR RB1. I would buy for a late 1st, but I'd need a mid 1st to sell.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Why are the McKinnon haters talking about "efficiency?" What is that, YPC? And how much of that is solely based on the Viking's dumpster fire of 2016? You need to come with more substance than that
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm No, it wouldn't bsp27. But, it would cut down on your silly posts that lack context.
bsp27 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm
skip wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm Whether or not you believe in Hyde or McKinnon, this is what I see:
1) Hyde has a more proven track record of production.
2) McKinnon had the opportunity to sieze the starting role in Minnesota in 2016 and failed. He again had that opportunity (shared with Murray after the Cook injury) in 2017 and didn't impress.
3) Hyde got $5m per season & McKinnon replaced him at a cost of $7.5m per season.

I'm not going to argue whether or not McKinnon will be successful in San Francisco. But what I don't understand is why the 49ers made this move for a back who might match Hyde's production. Even if that were the case, there is no way McKinnon should have received such a lucrative deal.
that's also a great point. Latavius Murray was the more efficient rusher between him and Mckinnon.
Damn. I hate to constantly be and feel like the thought police here.

1. Hyde's production being "proven". As an owner that was invested in Hyde from his rookie year - I wasn't a consistently happy owner. So, In my honest opinion - he was proven to the extent that he was proven to be inconsistent. Not bad years, but, not good considering his lack of efficiency. No thanks. Mckinnon is 2 years younger so - there is that to be considered. Hyde has likely peaked and is trending down, while Mckinnon's career arch is still climbing. And, in the right environment, with the right opportunity and surrounding cast, I think (as do the 49'ers) that Mckinnon could out produce Hyde - all things being equal.
2. I love that you say that Mckinnon was given the opportunity to take the job in 2016. It is once again like you don't watch the games. Minnesota had (in 2016) one of, if not the - most horrible 0-line in the entire NFL that season. They were hard to watch. As a fan - it was painful. All 5 starters missed time. some of their backups that came in to replace, also then were replaced by 3rd and 4th stringers. One or two off the damn street if I recall correctly. So, Skip, in your world view then - we should judge Mckinnon negatively on that 2016 year as he didn't grab the damn starting job.... wow. Also, Glad you brought up the Murray vs Mckinnon deal. After watching every Vikings game and watching them in the preseason and at their training camp. Murray and Mckinnon have different styles. On paper, it may appear that Murray was more consistent. I won't argue with the actual numbers, I will tell you that if you actually watch them play, you'd say that one of them is more talented as a running back, and more of a natural athlete than the other. The more efficient runner is just a very very lazy way of looking at the comparison because it blatantly ignores context. And, to be clear, when judging NFL running backs, context matters and it matters greatly.
3. The money thing about their contracts, I agree with. Regardless of Mckinnon vs Hyde, I know Hyde wasn't worth what he was getting paid, but it now appears that Mckinnon is getting over paid. I'm not understanding the 49'ers thinking there.
We basically agree on most things you said, so I'm confused as to why you are arguing with me. I agree Mckinnon is the better athlete. I agree Mckinnon is much more dynamic and better in the passing game. But, he has proven that he is not a good between the tackles runner throughout his entire career. He never has been a reliable and efficient RUNNER. He is much more of a satellite back than every down feature back. That's all i'm saying.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm

In a world where Danny Woodhead can finish as a top 5 back in PPR; I don't see how you can argue with McKinnon's fantasy potential.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm
bsp27 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 am I won't be selling high on McKinnon. Either you believe in Shanahan, or you don't. I do.
Do you really think that Shanahan can make him a more efficient feature back?
1. McKinnon does not have to be a feature back to be a fantasy RB1 or RB2.
2. Yes, coaching matters. Not saying McKinnon is anywhere near as talented as Gurley, but look at Gurley with McVay vs with Fisher. Worst case scenario, McKinnon is still in a committee with whoever SF drafts at RB and is a PPR RB2 and upside handcuff a la Tevin Coleman. Best case scenario, McKinnon becomes the 1A and is a PPR RB1. I would buy for a late 1st, but I'd need a mid 1st to sell.
1. I agree
2. Mcvay certainly had some impact, but the upgrades to the offensive line and more offensive opportunities in general were the main reasons for Gurley's success; not the coach on the sideline.

i'd sell at that value, but that's just me
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm In a world where Danny Woodhead can finish as a top 5 back in PPR; I don't see how you can argue with McKinnon's fantasy potential.
Amen.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:24 pm

McKinnon's moving to a primarily zone scheme with the 49ers. I'm not sure how he looked in the power scheme in 2016 is really all that relevant. Freeman looked like a mediocre rusher with receiving upside prior to seizing the role under Shanahan as well. Injuries are certainly a risk, but I'll trust Shanahan's ability to identify an effective zone rusher over pretty much anyone else.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Accumen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Accumen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Just bought him for Ty Mont, 2.01 and what will be a mid/late 2019 2 (Team A in sig). Thoughts?
Team A:
12 team, SF, ppr, yr. 1/complete rebuild
Mariota, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Hill
Saquon, McCaffery, Hunt, Kerryon Johnson, Drake
C. Davis, W. Fuller, Funchess, Sutton, M. Williams, R. Anderson, D. Pettis, DJ Chark, J. Washington, J'Mon Moore, Jaron Brown
Gesicki, Seals-Jones, Herndon, Higbee, Vannett
Taxi: C. Edmonds, Warren, Ito Smith, M. Andrews, J. Moore, Z. Jones

Team B:
12 team, 1qb, ppr, yr. 2
Big Ben, Prescott, T. Taylor, Mayfield
Kamara, Howard, Ajayi, C. Clement, Drake, Royce Freeman, McGuire
M. Thomas, Landry, Fitz, C. Davis, J. Washington, M. Wallace, Bourne
Ertz, Seals-Jones
Jake Elliot
T.j. Watt, Keanu Neal
2018 Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 2.08, 3.06, 3.09, 3.10

Team C:
12 team, SF, .5ppc, ppr, TE prem., Startup
Watson, Flacco, Jackson, McCarron
Cmc, Guice, Carson, Penny, Kerryon, Ronald Jones, Perine, Samuels, B. Scott
Agholor, S. Shepard, Gollady, Ridley, J'mon Moore, Callaway, Mo. Harris, D. Robinson
E. Dickson, Seals-Jones, G. Everett, Herndon

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:31 pm Am I the only one who thinks this is great for Matt Breida because McKinnon is not a three down back? I think Breida will get more time in the committee now and McKinnon will get a lot of receptions out of the backfield. Both can thrive. Bad for Joe Williams though.
I don't see anything interesting/special about Breida.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: McKinnon have any value?

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:00 pm

How about now? :D

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Have been a McKinnon fan for a while. I think the only thing holding him back was opportunity. I see him being a focal point of a new and upcoming offense.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Interesting to look back and read through old threads at times like this. There is something to be said about overvaluing situation over talent. The NFL landscape is always changing. Injuries change things without warning or foresight.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.